27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 10:56 AM by Jimmienoman RSS

Your Take On Chaos Mode

KTPhoenix

I have not played MW3 for the past few days because I just got BO back and was taking a break from a lot of the crap I dealt with in MW3. But then my clan leader told me of a few clan challenges we needed to get done so I hopped back on. When I did I found an update and realized Chaos Mode was part of it.

I decided to try it out and HOLY CRAP!! lol, that is WAYY better than Survival Mode. I just love the fact that all you have to do is mow down every enemy that comes toward you. I find it as a great stress reliever for after a hard day at work.

What is YOUR take on Chaos Mode?

• Re: Your Take On Chaos Mode
    cira

I am yet to play it but it does look good, although I take the most fun from playing mp as it just means more knowing that I'm shooting a "real" person if that makes sense in a non homicidal way.

KTPhoenix

But you have to admit that even MP just doesnt cut it somtimes. I sometimes come home from a really irritating day at work just to have an equally irritating time in MP. For some reason it always seems as though EVERYTHING is against you lol. That is why Chaos mode is so great. You can go on there and spend ther first half hour getting rid of your frustration and after you calm down a bit, go right back to MP and things dont seem as bad as if you were to just start there first.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

That was my first impression, too. It's frantic and really fun but I would rather have a Co-op Combat Training mode.

KTPhoenix

No joke. The first time I played it, I was in a party and I had the most maniacal laugh I had in a long time and my friends told me NEVER to do that again lol. I told them "ITS SO FUN HAHAHAHA!". I dont know if its just me but I like a little chaos in my game and that is what Chaos mode gives me

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It's like playing against a bunch of 10 year olds playing Pac Man on MW3. lol

Those Bots have horrible aim and they always have you on their radar and I just keep backpedaling until the timer runs out.

KTPhoenix

Where is the problem? lol

This is why I like it so much. It is so easy. I dont know about you but when I get home from a rough day at work, I dont want to be challenged even more right off the bat. I just want something that is extremely easy to let some steam off, THEN I will get my composure back and go for the more challenging aspects.

Hate it. I doubt anybody plays it past a week. It's just more garbage dlc, that should have been included from day 1 or not at all. I wish they would have added more mp maps instead of flooding elite with garbage for its included dlc. By garbage I mean chaos mode, special ops missions, and face off maps. Stick to what works and quit giving us free garbage no one will ever use.

KTPhoenix

Its not just any DLC dude, these are part of the Elite content drops that happen every month. They have an obligation to those who bought Premium to realse some kind of content whether it be maps, MP modes or Spec Op modes. Its not that they are trying to release garbage, its the fact that they made a promise to release content every month and that is what they are doing.

im not trying to put your opinion down or anything, i just think your hatred is misplaced.

You're right it is there obligation to release dlc every month to paid elite subscribers (which I am). If I were to rate the quality of the dlc released. I would give it 1 on a scale of 1 -10 in over all quality and value. 1 being the worst possible value if you can't figure it out.

trialstardragon

Whaaa!!!! It is not MP maps!!!11!!!11!! I do not like it!!1111!! I ONLY want MP MAPS!!!11!!!!

/sarcasm

you really have a limited view of how the game should be played and that is obvious by your comment. And people do play it and will play it longer than just a week. Just like people play the SP game which you probably think they do not do too.

This game is not just about MP or the maps in MP and never has been nor ever will be even if you want to think it is and should only be so. Sorry the game was not made just to make you happy, nor will it ever be.

Take it easy spaz dragon. Someone asked what I thought of chaos mode. Sorry if I think it's a joke and a rip off. Should have been included day 1 because of its limited use and lack of replay value. I'd rather have some new emblems or titles for dlc than chaos mode. Have fun not playing it next week.

trialstardragon

Oh, I will be palying it next week and the week after when ever I get bored of regular MP Spaz Husker.

It is not a rip off just you may think it is, they never promised that all dlc would always be MP maps for elite or for the game. Nor did they ever promise that all dlc maps would be able to be played on standard game modes.

and titles and cammos, and emblems are worth less than a game mode any day, since they provide no replay value at all and really server no purpose other than for ego boosting bragging.

trialstardragon

It can be fun, like how you can just run over new weapons when you want one, dont like how it makes you stuck with the pistol and can not choose a secondary primary. Crazzy fun when you just want to go killling and not caring what you do. Good that it does not add exp to the SO mode, because would be way to easy to boost if it did.

It's fun but gets boring fast.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I think this mode can answer the quicksopers' demand to have something to practice with. Just include a selection of Sniper Rifles and Quick Draw.

I'm not stupid. I knew it wasn't going to be all mp maps. What infinity ward did was put out half a game. And made you pay $50 for the rest of it through elite. I won't be renewing elite for black ops two. The collection 3 pack if you pay separately for is a joke. It will be the lowest selling collection pack for all platforms. Since it is all fluff.

It's like when they did the all zombies map pack for black ops.

Phoenix, I just don't like chaos mode. It's not different enough than survival mode. It doesn't last more than 5 minutes. It's so insignificant that I'm surprised there is even a thread about it.

KTPhoenix

It does last more than 5 minutes. I know that because my clan leader had over 9 million point and lasted over 5 minutes.

The reason it is different from survival is because they want you to move around in this mode. If all you had to do was sit there and kill them, that would be too easy and you would get bored fast. That is why they have a bonus freeze, extended time crates and other stuff as well. YOU have to make it last longer. If they made it without this then all they would do is update Survival to eliminate the waves and make everyone come at you at once.

I only played this mode for 10 minutes yesterday and noticed all that. Its not that hard.

But if you dont like it then that is up to you. You dont like it and that is fine. Im not trying to change your mind at all, just responding to your opinion with my view.

lil_lisa_w

Yeah it last well over 5 minutes if your good enough to make it past those 2 minutes. I don't get why people would even think it is not challenging. Once you make it past 4 or 5 minutes the only thing they started sending out at you are Juggernauts which are just freaks of nature. My high score was 22 mil on Dome. Me and my bud last 9 minutes and 34 seconds. Key to high score is just never lose your multiplayer the entire game we had up to a 435 multiplier combo. It really is alot of fun and I find it allows me to try out and like even more weapons in this game

I think Chaos mode is one of the most fun things COD has ever made. It is truly a good time, very proud of IW on this one. I feel like it'll be something that makes more people come back to MW3 in the future. I hope they add some more maps, maybe even some Faceoff maps. They could release every faceoff map because 2 of them were free, and the other 3 came with chaos mode so it would make sense.

lil_lisa_w

only small problem I have is they have to condensed some of the big maps. Because trying make it far in Underground or Village is just hard as ****. So I agree Faceoff maps would work. Also I find when your trying to run away from enemies just constantly pick up weapons as that will also keep your multiplaier going why your trying to get away from a whorde of enemies

hmmmm chaos mode doesnt seem to work for me, after downloading the new dlc last night its still says i have to download the chaos mode...am completley baffled,i just want to give it a try.

Jimmienoman

It is on the easy side, but fun because it feels like Zombies where you get to mow down TONS of enemies.