1 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next 167 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 10:51 AM by raarethebest Go to original post RSS
  • 160. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    nuttin2say

I'll put a stopwatch to it next time I do it. LOL!  I don't know the exact amount of time it takes.

It is a pain, true. Like I said, I don't do it often. There's certain things that happen in-game when I do it and, unless I have to quit playing entirely, if it does come down to a need to DB, it happens very early in the game, not at the verge of losing.

But you have to understand that I will spend fifteen minutes looking for a "good" lobby if I have to (and usually I have to). So, a half minute or so is no big deal to me. I'm not going to get a gold medal for being the fastest to get into a match.

If I dashboard and it does not affect you, why do you care if I dashboard? I understand your frustration with people that DB as host ... but if someone leaves a match, who cares how they left?

As I've stated in the past, I don't leave because of stats. I think my stats demonstrate that I do not leave because of that. There are other reasons I leave matches. As of late, the main reason I leave is because of lag. If I can play through the lag, I will. But not all lag is random, for starters, and some lag cannot be played through. And, in order to play through lag, that includes simply finding a corner in which to just ride my way through the match - in other words, corner camping.

But, then, you know, camping, for whatever reason, is also considered politically incorrect.

So the bottom line is, I'll play the game the way I want within the provided rules. There is no rule violation for dashboarding, there is no rule violation for camping.

And it really does not matter to me what people think about those things. I have no trouble overcoming campers and a host dashboarding (which I do not see happening that often) does not bother me in the way that it once did.

Like I said, I feel your pain. But until IW/TA change the rules (which they say is not going to happen), you can either let it bug you ... or join them.

(BTW - my username is based upon my GT. In-game, you're hard pressed to hear any comments from me at all ... even when people are dolling out their rage.)

• 161. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    nuttin2say

Another thing I forgot to mention ... simply leaving a match substantially increases the odds of being dropped right back into the same lobby. By dashboarding, I think (don't quote me on this) the console's cache clears. In any case, when I back out and search for another match, too often I get dropped back into the lobby I just left. When I dashboard, I can't recall that ever happening.

edit - btw, not only do my deaths not count, nor do my kills. More importantly for me, I basically play to complete challenges. It isn't cool to complete a big challenge within the first few kills then to start lagging like no one's business (but only when you happen to be shooting at a specific opponent) and then decide to DB out of a match.

It works both ways.

• 162. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    SitRepPro

nuttin2say wrote:

Another thing I forgot to mention ... simply leaving a match substantially increases the odds of being dropped right back into the same lobby. By dashboarding, I think (don't quote me on this) the console's cache clears. In any case, when I back out and search for another match, too often I get dropped back into the lobby I just left. When I dashboard, I can't recall that ever happening.

edit - btw, not only do my deaths not count, nor do my kills. More importantly for me, I basically play to complete challenges. It isn't cool to complete a big challenge within the first few kills then to start lagging like no one's business (but only when you happen to be shooting at a specific opponent) and then decide to DB out of a match.

It works both ways.

Yeah I find it a bit odd that I go back into the same lobby.  Given the popularity of the game I should be placed into a different lobby.  Once I got put back into the same lobby twice.  It was jsut a map I didn't want to play as it was unfavourable for leveling up the specific weapon.  But if you join mid game and don't spawn you can DB and that should help, since you're not host.

I sometimes play a different game mode if I see Domination come up on the Barebones section if I'm leveling up snipers.

• 163. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing

nuttin2say wrote:

If I dashboard and it does not affect you, why do you care if I dashboard? I understand your frustration with people that DB as host ... but if someone leaves a match, who cares how they left?

This paragraph here is the fundamental difference between right and wrong or at the very least a big part of that...

The OP came on here and was very provocative in the way he bragged about HOST DASHBOARDING which prematurely ends everyone's game...

Nobody can condone that sort of behaviour...

Nuttin2say has his own reasons for Dashboarding and he does not brag about his KDR or WLR etcetera. Also he does not affect anyone else's stats when he occasionally does it...

Your average Dashboarder on the other hand drops out of games specifically to manipulate their own stats and make them look better. They will then proceed to brag about their stats and rag on other players for having worse stats than their falsified ones...

This is where it all goes pear shaped...

• 164. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    youcantgetme62

I'm the OP and didn't mention anything about host dash boarding. Stop lying to make yourself look good or for whatever reason. Like I said, ill dashboard anytime I want. Maybe if the game didn't have these problems I wouldn't as well as others. I paid the same price for this game as you did.  It's not my fault with the errors within the game causes another error within the game. What's fun playing with lag lag comp spawn errors and other various bs.

• 165. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    WonkySausage

Jus_Call_me_J has a hilarious bee in his bonnet about dashboarders, he's one of the selfish ones who demand hosts suffer host lag, and rewind time lag compensation for his own benefit. Clearly someone who has never, or very infrequently pulls host and therefore opinions on host lag are invalid.

His very narrow minded and blinkered view that all dashboarders do it to improve their stats, whilst true in some instances where players, maybe of "pro" or "competetive" status need to keep their high KD I dunno, to stay in some random irrelevant league or competition, is not true of at least half of the people that do it.

My reasoning for dashboarding is in protest against the way lag compensation has progressed MW2 it wasn't noticable at all, then Treyarch came along and completely ruined IW's hard work on keeping the host lag balanced. I refuse to have negative gameplay recorded on my account which is downright unfair because of something out of my control. When i'm not host, i'll go negative and finish the game not an issue - so arguements that it's to improve stats are completely invalid, and no matter what anyone says, will stay invald (don't get too mad J)

If i'm host i'll give it a minute or 2 to see how the games running, as there are instances when pulling host has no effect - in the rare occasion you get 12 players in a lobby that are fairly close to your location. If I can avoid dashboarding I will, but i'd say out of 100 times I pull host, at least 50 will be dashboarded. Unfortunate, unfair but I don't care. At the end of the day most people who never pull host are too selfish to admit there's a problem, and/or that hosts should suffer, complete the game whilst they have a good game, lag free. That is part of the protest, and the reason I will dashboard.

• 166. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    frats74

Whether it's "leaving the game early", "Rage Quitting" or "Dashboarding" it's up to the other players to decide if it's bad. They'll leave you Negative Feedback for it if they think it is.

• 167. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    raarethebest

I Dashboard in 98% of my matches because of noobs, lag or any unfair deaths such as being spawn killed

1 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next