10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2012 1:45 PM by iloveshotguns RSS

Make QS (aka trickshotters) take kick back damage.

KTPhoenix

I know that it will most likely not happen about QS being put in and god knows I really hope they DONT put it in this game like the first BO, but if QS is ever put into this game, all I would ask from Treyarch (since they are apparently the only company that gives a damn about their community) is that they add in a "kick back" damage system for QS. This way, any time these morons decide to QS, they will get a certain amount of damage dealt to themselves.

The reason I say this is because if you tried to do this crap in real life, there is a high probability of dislocating your shoulder, damagin your eye or both. I know people will say "this isnt real life so you just wasted a thread". Well I look at it this way, it may not be real life, but most of us objective players have had to deal with a majority of these idiots do nothing for the team and have no negative consequence for their actions other than dying by the enemy. What is worse is the fact that they dont care and all they will do is edit those deaths out of their montage as if nothing happened.

So, if Treyarch does put QS (which I really hope to god they dont) they should make those people take some kind of damage in return.

• Re: Make QS (aka trickshotters) take kick back damage.
    USAFEsty

I can agree with this. Nothing urkes me more then some idiot in a objective game not doing anything but trying to QS or TS. Maybe damage can be dealt, or there aim get's thrown off a bit so they can't do it often.

nicedrewishfela

There are several active QS discussions, why was this not posted in one of them?

Why? Its part of the game and it makes the game fun for alot of people. If it werent for MW2 Trickshotting, CoD wouldnt be as popular as it is today. So quit whining and get over it. And agreeing with iivrruummii's post, i love black ops quickscoping, so bring it back.

nicedrewishfela

This doesn't make sense to me.  Quickscoping wasn't an issue in Black Ops, not sure why you feel it will be in Black Ops II.

Make it so that Snipers have a decent scope in speed but take away the auto aim crutch, Force them to quickly acquire the target and get a shot off. The trailer demonstrated this. Vahn scoped in to the left of the target, adjusted his aim towards center mass on the target, and fired. That brings skill back into sniping.

You may be right that there would be some kickback in real life, but this is an arcade shooter. There have to be adjustments made to keep the game fast paced and give all players an opportunity to play. You can't punish someone in game for shooting the gun.

Black Ops did a good job on sniping, I expect more of the same in this release.

Terrible idea.  I wonder how the gamemakers would even be able to implement code to decide whether someone is quickscoping or not.  What if a sniper kills two people from a spot and decides to change positions to prevent death from reprisal, and then they are moving around and they turn a corner and they see someone 20 ft away, they really have only one option but to zoom in and take a shot?  Is that "quickscoping"?  I don't think so.  I consider those skilled shots.  I know those people who "quickshot" are irritating to some people, but at least they are running around and putting themselves out there to be killed.  If your worth your salt at all, you should be able to kill them.  Also people complain about camping one minute then they complain about quick-scoping the next.  I think people just want snipers out of the game.  I've been playing COD since 2 (for multiplayer, the Big Red One for single) before the multiplayer hoopla and the only time sniping was done poorly was on Black Ops when they nerfed it from being a viable weapon.  With a sniper rifle you move slower than an assault rifle, smg, and shotgun, you have a much slower fire rate where if you miss your dead, your aim down the sight time is longest, and your hip accuracy is the poorest.  They already have a lot of characteristics that make them balanced against the other weapons.  If they were so powerful then everyone would use them, but the Assault rifles and smgs are the best and consequently 80 percent of people use those in a game.  For sheer variety sake let people quickscope, at least I won't be killed by another FAMAS or Galil or whatever.   

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

gallp13

Silly post

iloveshotguns

If this is the case then LMG's need this "kick back dmg" too. Sorry buddy but quickscoping is going to be in blops2 more then ever. Treyarch respects the community, and when I say that I mean they respect the WHOLE community.

Just look at it we have x-ray scopes and unscoped bolt actions, your just going to have to adapt to certain people's play style and live with it instead of QQ'ing all day on the forums. Peace.