25 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2012 4:25 PM by infinitlag RSS

Great fix for ghost!!!

infinitlag

This is a great way to fix it!

• Re: Great fix for ghost!!!
    codcanuck

Does moving one inch back and forth count as "on the move"?

The only thing I'm concerned about is "real" sniping. I want to stay off the radar when I snipe, but with this I'll be exposed when I'm actually looking for a target and aiming at them. That's the only thing I dislike about how they changed Ghost.

sniping is stupid anyway. i suggest quick scope

I am not a sniper, but I do love my MK14 with silencer and hybrid sight paired with recon/assassin/sitrep pro perks. This lets me snipe but also move from place to place to take my shots. Any real sniper knows, the moment you fire your weapon, you've given away your position and basically need to move.

Sniping is camping (with moments of moving from vantage point to vantage point), and quickscoping is not (it's run-and-gun with "trickshotting").

Camping is hiding in a corner and waiting for someone to come running around the wall to shoot them in the back. Clearly, true sniping falls into this category. Quickscoping, unfortunately, doesn't.

I guess, ultimately, the ghost/assassin issue comes down whether you want 75% of the players to stay put and camp, or if you want the game to be faster paced (forcing people to move around).

I would rather have the game be able to identify someone who has selected a sniper class and let them stay off the radar if they DON'T run around, and put them on the radar if they DO run around. (That would essentially crimp quickscoping when UAVs are in the air.)

Padiego

I say its a stupid fix for ghost.

I camp. I'm not ashamed to say it. But not in TDM, obviously. I camp in game modes like demoliton. Why? Well, it says "protect the bombsites" not "run around like an idiot and get shot". And what's the best way to protect bombsites? Well...by sitting your ass down and waiting for all the noobs to come rushing in. Or how about when sniping? Sniping is camping. Camping is sniping. But NOOOO, the 1337 community wants us all to 1337 scope...

This will not fix camping at all. A camper will always camp. And it was stupid of them to try to fix ghost, there's was nothing wrong with it. People just like to rage at anything that gets them killed.

Like captain Price said, "Check those corners!"

codcanuck

Recon by itself is a pretty effective way to avoid/take out campers. Toss a flashbang into a room, see if a camper is in there, and deal with him accordingly.

I think they got it bassackwards, should be if there moving they show up on radar not if there not or if there laying down, what's the point of having it then. Camping is a stragedy don't take it away, you will lose more players.  Make it more real life for hardcore players not less.  Make the portable radar a smaller radar that appears up by your current radar that shows any moment in its vicinity, make a perk thats in same cat. As ghost that gets around the portable r. 

I always liked finding new places where people hide because it's usually good for killing people trying to get there the next time.  Learn we're people hide and get ez kills,  I'd rather see them fix the damn hacks. Then worry about ghost....

Izjar11

I hate to say it but people will always find a way to camp!

GALACT1C0s117

during the stream they also said that a certain killstreak will show everybody on the map and the direction they're facing(AUAV) regardless of what their class is, i'm guessing its like the advanced uav but more powerful

What i find funny about cod is, rushers will moan that campers are noob because they camp, but campers will moan because rushers are noobs because they rush, and please could you explain to me what camping is... because i thought it was someone who goes to the corner of the building and stays there and kills the people who run pass, but if someone stood in one spot, and you are a moving target, wouldnt it be easier for you to kill the rather than them killing you? :S

codcanuck

If the motionless person has the element of surprise, or isn't visible, than they have the advantage.

fissuresofrequent

Even still sitting in a corner for a minutes a person gets bored and by the time someone walks around a corner they aren't expecting it. And when someone is checking the corner expecting someone to be there.....

codcanuck

You'd be surprised at the lengths some people go to for a few kills (*cough* copying and pasting codes *cough*). Plus, if the camper is behind cover, with only a little bit of their character exposed (say, the crates in the Hall of Camp on Lockdown), they still have the advantage. And, don't forget that they're also expecting someone to come at them as well.

I hope to high heaven Recon returns in Black Ops 2. It's the most effective way to root out campers so far.

fissuresofrequent

Yea but sometimes people will be in a corner for up to 2 minutes and that's just sitting there staring at a screen not really doing anything. Eventually if someone comes around the corner the camper will react slower. Stalker is a very anti camper perk since someone strafing can be very hard to hit. Most "hardcore sit in the corner and do not move" campers don't realize that someone will eventually go back to that corner and pre fire the crap out of them. That's why sitting in a corner usually only gets a 3 killstreak or so.

Even when someone is head glitching they can still be easy to take out. All you have to do is jump shot them since most campers aren't the best players.

Then there are the smart campers that change position's every time they kill a person. So when you got and try to get the jump on them you end up right in their sights while they are in  a different position. >:{.

infinitlag

Well yes you can't snipe, but still, I don't "quickscope", I just sit in the middle of the map and look in every direction. That requires me to move are therefore I won't be on the radar. But for corner campers they will have to move around and if they do that;

1. They will get bored, sit there and get shot by someone that knows they are there

2. They will start running around.

If it cancells out snipers then they will just use their secondary in the corner, and with the new pistols, that won't be very fun.