1 2 3 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 8:57 PM by xTTh RSS

ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere

Hey i'm kinda new to COD, MW3 being my first cod game.  Most of my gaming roots have come from halo and battlefield, so i decided i'd try to see what cod has to offer.  I've already prestiged and i've mostly been using the M16,P90 and MSR.  The only complaint i really have is everygame i play theres usually at least two people using ACRs or MP7s.  This is fine but for a game with many customizable options it's sad to only see these two guns everywhere.  I've gone onto youtube as well and most commentaters have used the guns for the majorty of there videos.  Do these guns need a nerf?  There not really OP but there so overused

• 1. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere

they are just try hard weapons, normally noobs use them, or people who do not like challenges, and can use the same gun over and over and not get bored..

• 2. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere

with dwxp being turned on you might see some different weapons this weekend.

• 3. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere
    SitRepPro

insaine wrote:

This.  Double weapon XP makes it more interesting when I have to pick up a gun and find something I don't usualyl see very often.  I'm using the double weapon XP to level up my sniper rifles.  When I'm done with the last proficiency and/or attachment, I'll move on to the next.

• 4. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere

It's logical to use the most competitive weapons in the game, that being said the trade off is you are a dbag. If you want to get better at the game change up how you play, use a shotgun, use a sniper. When you change how you play, you also change how you play when you pick up the guns you were using before.

Also they aren't necessarily the best weapons, just all round weapons that have few glaring weaknesses. If you think about the available weapons, and find a role you want to excel in, you have much more useful options available to you than the stock standard MP7/ACR.

Tbh, I have never put the ACR on a class yet, and I don't plan on doing so

• 5. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere
    WKMMS

insaine wrote:

nah... still see pretty much nothing but ACRs, MP7s and PP90s... having fun wrecking them with a silenced spas though ... had about 7 of these guys call me a shotgun n00b so far tonight... I love it!

• 6. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere

Well when you pay $60 for a game you can play it however the hell you want alls I see is a bunch of quickscoping no talent ass nutsacks in lobbies

• 7. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere

That's right. Nothing stopping you from being a dbag cheap tactic whoring idiot.

• 8. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere
    WarriorPoet

Use whatever gun/perk setup you feel comfortable with.  Experiment till you find what suits you and your style of play.  Don't let anyone tell you can't use a particular gun because 'they' think its for noobs only or for those who don't like a challenge.  The real challenge is dealing with all the "COD Gods' who want you and everyone else to play exactly like them.  Don't conform to their BS.  I happen to like the M4A1, CM901 and after the recent buff the M16A.

• 9. Re: ACRs and MP7s are Everywhere
    nicedrewishfela

They aren't the most powerful weapons, they are simply the easiest to use. That is why you see them so often. Anyone can pick those up and have a degree of success. I used my ACR for the first time this Prestige the other night, and it seemed like all I had to do was fire it and I got kills. I was getting kills on players I didn't even know were there. I would swing my gun around, shoot, and get a kill. Its ridiculously easy to use.

You give this community something easy to use... they are going to wear it down to a nub.

1 2 3 Previous Next