12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 11:09 AM by poison_pawn RSS

What game modes will be included? and what about this new ghost perk?

I know they are adding a "Territories" type game "Hard Point"; but will there still be CTF and SD etc...

I don't play TDM or DM; I play CTF and I can see this so called anti camping ghost perk beining a problem; with objective based game types.

(it's called defense)

How are people suppose to DEFEND an objective; if they are unable to stay off radar, when they stop moving for a min?

And what is the cool down time on this? (how long before you show up on radar?) and will server admin be able to adjust this time; for different game modes?

Seems to me this game is turning in to a death match only game; and if that's true they will loose a lot of fan base for that alone.

Like I said: I ONLY play objective based games; and I know a lot of people feel the same way.

could you (-pcdev-) shed a little light on this subject please.

Thanks Poison_pawn PCO

• Re: What game modes will be included? and what about this new ghost perk?

Good points PP, complete agree.

If things like this ghost anti-camp and the attachment that lets you see through walls can't be customized (turned off), it'll effectively kill competition and league play right out of the box.

Interesting points.

Playing defense can be defined easily if the base is clearly defined, for my self I always found it a bit hard to define in COD/BO games but mostly BO. That is, compared to other CTF games.

All though camping can be construed as defending imo if its close to the flag, so in that regards its defense. However depending on where said camper is would define what he is doing.

I say he just has to keep moving unless its in some set perimeter, just saying.

As for all this pseudo wall hacks, I feel its a crock for game play.

Or...

Is it devs from all over caving in to cheats as I'm seeing this a lot.

Just does not make sense and it leaves any type of offense useless. I mean how hard is it to keep an alert eye and good old fashion skill to anticapate the direction of the next attack.

Then what happens when a true waller is using and now an admin has to prove it. I can hear it already. "I was using blah blah"

I mean if they really knew how little their AC systems are effective. I seen peeps use them for months and only when they stopped paying their monthly fee did they get caught. True I personaly played with this guy in a clan, knew he was hacking, but hey I'm not call'n out on someone with just "knowing". But sure enough he got busted only after he stopped paying for the hack.

-CrazyMoFo-

I know that if CTF and Demolition are not in the game (CTF at the VERY least) I won't be interested at all. I have no interested in playing any type of team deathmatch game, and S&D is simply too slow to be enjoyable unless I'm in the mood for it (which is rare)

As far as the ghost change I see it as a move that will completely destroy every playstyle except for running n gunning. I know it will force me to drop my stealth flanking class for one with scavenger, rifle grenades, and the fastest firing most accurate hipfire gun in the game....

If they wanted to stop "camping" they could've done what was accomplished via mods in CoD4... after x amount of time in one spot you put your weapon away, and it takes a few seconds to get it back out.

^^ That right there would solve the "camper" problem completely without obliterating nearly every style of gameplay in the process.

What's really pathetic is when you realize the reason the stealth perk "ghost" suddenly became so overpowered was because in Black Ops for the first time ever it had a counter.

CoD4 - UAV Jammer - Invisible to radar with no counter = Not ONE person EVER complained.

WaW - Camoflauge - Invisible to radar with no counter = Not ONE person EVER complained.

MW2 - Cold Blooded - Invisible to radar with no counter = Not ONE person EVER complained.

BO - Ghost - Invisible to UAV, counterable by SR71 = Suddenly the forums are FULL of people complaining that ghost is the most "overpowered" and "overused" perk ever.

The perk actually got stronger in WaW, (hid you from killstreaks) and stronger again in MW2, (hid you from everything) before being SEVERELY NERFED in Black Ops...(need pro to hide from killstreaks and is countered entirely by SR71)

Yet Black Ops is where it suddenly became "the most powerful perk ever!!"

Now Treyarch is going to nerf the stealth perk into the ground so it's completely useless. 

I know that if CTF and Demolition are not in the game (CTF at the VERY least) I won't be interested at all. I have no interested in playing any type of team deathmatch game, and S&D is simply too slow to be enjoyable unless I'm in the mood for it (which is rare)

CTF is confirmed (Gamescom).  I agree with S&D being slow, but thats largely just a preference for fast paced action.  Some people actually enjoy slow paced games.

As far as the ghost change I see it as a move that will completely destroy every playstyle except for running n gunning. I know it will force me to drop my stealth flanking class for one with scavenger, rifle grenades, and the fastest firing most accurate hipfire gun in the game....

The new Ghost is a large change, but I don't find it gamebreaking; in fact, I bet some people already have ideas for getting around the restriction.  It will "force" you to drop stealth flanking? If you're flanking chances are you won't be sitting still for long.

If they wanted to stop "camping" they could've done what was accomplished via mods in CoD4... after x amount of time in one spot you put your weapon away, and it takes a few seconds to get it back out.

Erm... you can still get around this restriction in the same way as BO2 Ghost.

What's really pathetic is when you realize the reason the stealth perk "ghost" suddenly became so overpowered was because in Black Ops for the first time ever it had a counter.

CoD4 - UAV Jammer - Invisible to radar with no counter = Not ONE person EVER complained.

WaW - Camoflauge - Invisible to radar with no counter = Not ONE person EVER complained.

MW2 - Cold Blooded - Invisible to radar with no counter = Not ONE person EVER complained.

BO - Ghost - Invisible to UAV, counterable by SR71 = Suddenly the forums are FULL of people complaining that ghost is the most "overpowered" and "overused" perk ever.

Ghost was hardly used in MW/WaW.  It replaced perks such as Stopping Power, Double Tap, Juggernaught, and Sleight of Hand. Nothing to complain about.  In BO, Ghost replaced Lightweight, Scavenger, Hardline, and Flak Jacket.  While those perks are nice and useful, Ghost was way more beneficial to some.

Now Treyarch is going to nerf the stealth perk into the ground so it's completely useless.

Nope, not useless if exploited/used correctly.  Only useless to amateur corner campers.

CTF will be in the game, and I don't see what the big deal about ghost is really. You still won't show up on radar if you move every few seconds, even just a little. PLUS you could always just shoot down UAV, but obviously not the blackbird (now it's called orbital VSat). I don't think the xray scope (I think it's called the MMS) will be some all powerful attachment that everyone uses, I don't think we'll see it as much as people think we will. However, I really do like that idea of the game automatically holstering your gun if you don't move for a little while, that would make a LOT of sense if Treyarch just implemented that, and then they could've left ghost how it was really. Either way, it's hardly game breaking for me.

One more thing, if CTF is the only thing you buy the game for, you are severely overpaying for it. There is sooo much more to Blackops 2 than one game mode. There will be other new game modes, wager matches, combat training (which is infinitely less frustrating than playing actual people who try to cheat, are annoying, and dealing with crappy internet connections, etc.) single player campaign, and zombies. If you don't use any of that, that's fine I guess, but it just seems like you're paying for a whole value meal with extra large drink and fries, but only eating the ketchup packets.

superdan4 wrote:

One more thing, if CTF is the only thing you buy the game for, you are severely overpaying for it. There is sooo much more to Blackops 2 than one game mode. There will be other new game modes, wager matches, combat training (which is infinitely less frustrating than playing actual people who try to cheat, are annoying, and dealing with crappy internet connections, etc.) single player campaign, and zombies. If you don't use any of that, that's fine I guess, but it just seems like you're paying for a whole value meal with extra large drink and fries, but only eating the ketchup packets.

No one ordered a "value meal":

I ordered a new York steak with a side of baked.

You can keep your hamburger staek; and don't ask me what i'd like you to do with the litttle toy.