47 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 10:22 AM by 63or63_m_v RSS

Update 1.19

What did this udate do?

• Re: Update 1.19

I am Brazilian and I have no access to any material for download, and now I can not play because of that update 1.19 ... What should I do to play off my CD Call of Duty?

Same over here, I'm from Bahrain, and whenever I try to play online (multiplayer), after this latest update, it says that you have to download some content first, if I press "no", I cannot play, if I press "yes", it takes me to the download page, then says "this content is not available in your country / region"!

I don't know what I can do now? This sucks, it's the weekend, and I can't play online, I've been waiting all week for this, and this latest update ruined everything.

i'm with this same "problem" here can not play, says I have to download more when I click "yes" to download, this product says "this content is not available in your country / region"! Help me!

63or63_m_v

A lot of people have your problem, we can not play online because of the update 1.19. the message: this content is not available in your country / region appers.
        Please Give Us Some Hope

BLACKDOG

You have to download the terminal map first its a mandatory download

will not be able to download anything free, chance to other players, I can not play any games online so because of that damn upgrade. Anyone know what I can do with my game besides play offline?

I bought MW3 in Brazil. However, It is not possible to download any content of Call of Duty in the Brazil playstation store !!!!     It's just not available in the store.. so after this 1.19 update I cannot play anymore. I also bought  an european version of MW3 to avoid this Brazil problem. Now I have acces to the European Playstation Store and now I can download the latest content, everything works fine in the offline enviroment... but in the Multi Player mode no new maps apear and I still cannot play...      Any suggetions?

Same here...  I bought a few beers for the friday night game and suddenly this...  I think Activision should test the updates over and over again before launch them online.  Make thing easy for us players!!  We buy your product!

Same here i live in Taiwan and impossible to play online now... please fix that as fast as possible or pay back my game ! we buy call of duty for play online not for the **** offline campain ....

Oi não falo inglês só sei que está dando erro qdo instalei a atualização 1.19, se algum brasileiro fez oq estão recomendando e deu certo me avise pro favor, estão criando uma conta americana, ai entra no multi e faz os downloads que aparecem na PSN store, na conta brasileira nao aparece nada la, após feito os downloads estra com a conta brasileira normal, se alguem conseguiu faze isso me avise por favor...

me too!

and i am romanian

this is suc.ks

Xxace789xX

The patch is the equalivent of Xbox's patch 1.20 with fixes to matchmaking and other stuff as usual and forces everyone to download Terminal as it's now counted as an original map. Problem is there's people who don't have access to the PS Store in certain countries or the map in their region. Check the spine of the MW3 case for your disc code, create a PSN account for a region that has the apporiate download for your copy of MW3 such as if your copy is a US copy, create a PSN account with the region as US, and download the map on that account, then switch to your normal account and the map should work. To find out what region your disc is, search online for the information.

I downloaded patch 1.18 the other day and the game became "pretty" playable for me, no where near as bad as before.

Logged off for a bit tonight and when going back on was prompted to download 1.19 and it made the game worse than patch 1.17 for me.

I'm pretty much done with this franchise now, been playing them since COD1 on the PC 10 years ago and I've had enough. The last 2-3 have been bad but MW3 is the worst of the lot.

Time to move on I think and Counterstrike is released next week on PS3. At least with that they've run a beta for about the last 4 months and it should be good.

ChestSplittah

Biggsy6843 wrote:

I downloaded patch 1.18 the other day and the game became "pretty" playable for me, no where near as bad as before.

Logged off for a bit tonight and when going back on was prompted to download 1.19 and it made the game worse than patch 1.17 for me.

I'm pretty much done with this franchise now, been playing them since COD1 on the PC 10 years ago and I've had enough. The last 2-3 have been bad but MW3 is the worst of the lot.

Time to move on I think and Counterstrike is released next week on PS3. At least with that they've run a beta for about the last 4 months and it should be good.

Same here as far as CS.

creating an new account in another region is easy but when you have to give your creditcard information than there is a problem. It is not possible to change the country in the account management for your creditcard. so I it not possible to configure your CC if your CC does not match the region.

iTzKiNG

What u said thats what they should do

I download the new included maps for free and install them but they are not suitable for my CD cods (or what ever. BLES XXXX things). and if i say 'no' to the question i can't play the game. And i don't want to create a new account and do all this things. Activision or someone have to do something. I paid money for the game and i want to play it smoothly.

I had the same issue on the ps3, downloaded the maps again and still didn't work. However have found a solution though. Go to the ps store, go into top picks, enter the mw3 content and download the free terminal map, this should then allow you to start playing multiplayer as normal. Hope this helps guys.

I have the same problem with the no content available in ur region crap after the 1.19 update. I have been loyal to this franchise since COD3 and have been buying every game since and now they do this after I'm on prestige level 14 almost. Tht is wack if they don't do something about it I'm done with this franchise. N i dont wanna make new psn account so any other way to fix this? If not, bye bye to Activision fo real

Spot on, I am from Australia, and registered JUST to post this message!

On the 17/8/12 I was asked to download 1.18...this worked really well, and I had not issues...even with the world wide problem across both page forms of "Disc read error" ( which Activision refuses to achknologes that is a problem), on the 18/8/12 I was then asked to download 1.19.

This then prompted a message to download the FREE map upgrades, which I have done...maybe 20 times now...ad it still won't allow me to play.

This is such Bull Tish.....

I suspect this will be a world wide issue AGAIN...and take months to fix.

I would love to see anyone else having the same issue; where by you download the 2 Free map packs (even if you don't want them) and then it still shows 14 downloads waiting in the "download" menu.

I am a patient person, however this is getting beyond a joke.

I wonder if there is a news story here...60 Minutes would love to have a go at big business ripping youth off!

I payed for a product, and it shouldn't be based on a download for it to work or not!

All you have to do is check the side of you mw3 case (not cover, or back) it has a code of your region usually below that looks something like BLES04128 which is my region from my copy of mw3 and go to psn store and download the terminal dlc.

When you press download a list with different options to download will appear, then you will have to find the exact region code as the one on the game's case on the side.

Download that and it should work fine.

****THIS WORKS*****

Just tested this post and it works!

However why doesn't it have instructions?

I also have this issue of being forced to download something to be able to play it.

I am 30yo and work around IT people, and I didn't know this...what crap management from Activision....

..Still doesn't fix the global issue of "Disc read error"

where to type to region code at in playstation store?

Hi,

I couldnt see region code selection at the download section. I have just one selectıon to download.

Which I have same code like you but in Ps store always have BLUS-30838

Where can I find terminals for my code?

Thanks,

Ok, I found. Its just related about my PSN account. I created new account from UK and its ok now. I can select Region Codes before Downloading...

FYI

all it does is make the game worse once again , + only map you can play is terminal

coz everyone votes for it non stop

if i wanted to play terminal i'd play mw2 coz that game works

SnipinDB

It's a pretty campy map. I played it yesterday a few times on mw2.

They can't vote for the same map twice. So yeah, not that big of a deal.

It's good that they made it mandatory to download, it's not like matchmaking is great as it is.

i am having the same issue, right now i created a new account and downloading the pack and then gonna sign in to my original account, ill let u know what happens.

Activision are seriously toying with us this is just stupid, why would they give us a YES or NOOO option to download a map that i dont want!!! this issue is really frustrating , i paid good money to play ONLINE

I am Brazilian and here in my region not this update is available.

I paid dearly for the game and I think the least I could do was to give activision this assistecia for us players. Lack of respect.

I just wrote a response to another thread related to the latest patch f**kup. Its pathetic how people who own an American copy of this game, but live outside of the USA are unable to play the game. Its as simple as that. Why should we be forced to create a new account and go through all that crap because Activisions QA was inept and unprofessional? Surely someone in this company must have thought, hmm, there might be people actually out there who have brought an American copy but live in Australia, Brazil, New Zealand or Timbucktoo etc, maybe we better hold off on this patch until we sort the regional complications. Too much too ask?

I have fix the prob you just have to download two or more of the free stuff on there and you will be able to play again with no worrys

i have also downloaded v 1.19...... lets just keep it simple...... it SUCKS!

bisher911

i live in UAE and i have the same problem, my Elite account is set to be as Canada and now i cnt play anything

please help me guys!

Please help i have the problem after i updated my mw3 i cant play online

After i download the last update to my mw3 i cant play online and a message appear said that required content are needed to download and when i open the store anther message appear said that no content found

Message was edited by: Ma7medhesham

Toze1970

I also found a solution, just keep trying.

I woke up this morning, noticed the update, downloaded the add-on and received the same problem. After about 4 tries periodically throughout the day, the last try worked. No fake account, no region switch, nothing. I hope it works for you guys too

Man this sucks!! I live in Chile and it is impossible to download the dlc content, so how the hell am I supposed to play now? I bought the game to play online, and now what? This SUCKS!!

Not sure this has been shared but I have a fix

If you're getting an error it's because the region code on your disc doesn't match the region on your PSN account. Simply make a new account with same region that you're disc is from and you won't have an issue