1 2 3 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2012 6:20 AM by That5What5Up RSS

SnD Game breaker ? Awareness

conman2010

Will awareness make dead silence un usable ?

Well i loved  every cod apart from mw3 ... All i like to play is search and now its basically imposible cause of sit rep. I would like to know if dead silence actually works in this one ? In this day and age of 7.1 headsets i know i need a perk that is going to make me truely silent. Sit rep users get to see enemy equiptment through walls at any distance also lowers thier team mates footsteps great that works for them so weres my perk thats suppose to make me silent? and let me be silent like the perks states ? huh .... i need to know before the games is out as i really do not want it if awareness is just another sit rep cause itll just be another mw3 with a load of sit rep corner sucking nubz that i cannot stand..  ...

Does any one have a solid answer ??  as i would rather  not buy it if thats the case

• 1. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    biron_w

I'd also like to know what happens with Awareness and Dead Silence.

i'm planning on running Dead Silence for S&D so I really hope it makes me silent!

• 2. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    mdub

Here's my theory. Black Ops 2 is clearly trying to make it harder for campers. Anyone that plays snd in MW3 knows that Sit Rep is the ultimate campers perk.

I have faith that Treyarch will not allow Awareness to counter DS. At least in snd anyway's.

• 3. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    anoreo

Awareness has been around since mw2, it'll be fine. just crouch walk if the perk bothers you that much.

• 4. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    mdub

Why did they change ghost then? Because people abuse the perk.

Sit Rep Pro (MW3) is the ultimate campers perk. Telling people to just crouch walk? Give me a break.

All the cry baby ghost haters are getting their way. Why wouldnt people that are sick of corner campers using Sit Rep, not as important?

Anything that helps people sit and wait in a corner should be considered the same. You now have to MOVE for Ghost to work. The counter for Sit Rep campers should be Dead Silence. Why you ask? Because Dead Silence users should not be penalized for MOVING!

• 5. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    anoreo

How is Sit Rep the ultimate campers perk? I am offensive shotgunner, but I still use SitRep. Hearing your enemies is just as important when you are the move as well. In case you didn't realize, but when you are running Sit Rep, that means you are not running Dead Silence, and crouch walking is perfect. Dead Silence is still practical against people not using Sit Rep.

If you don't want to adapt and crouch, that's your problem then.

• 6. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    nicedrewishfela

According to one player on this forum who says he played the game at Gamescom, Awareness does counter dead silence. He didn't elaborate on it too much, but he did state that it wouldn't work in S&D.

Remember, before panicking about particular perks. Everything costs. Everyone is going to have to give something up to gain something. So its not like the past where people can just load up a class with all the goodies, they will have to make some tough choices.

• 7. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    mdub

anoreo wrote:

How is Sit Rep the ultimate campers perk? I am offensive shotgunner, but I still use SitRep. Hearing your enemies is just as important when you are the move as well. In case you didn't realize, but when you are running Sit Rep, that means you are not running Dead Silence, and crouch walking is perfect. Dead Silence is still practical against people not using Sit Rep.

If you don't want to adapt and crouch, that's your problem then.

As usual, all of you sit rep users love to claim that its balance. For the record I use sit rep on every class for mw3 snd now. It is beyond pathetic, how is it easy to kill teams.

Black Ops 2 is against people camping. Ghost was changed so now you have to move. If Dead Silence doesnt work, your back to campers sitting in a corner (using awareness), just like MW3.

You can defend your camping style of play anyway you want, but Im not buying it. Ghost hating cry babies got their way. Why should sit rep using, corner campers, not get dealt with?

Im not personally attacking you anoreo. I just cant stand when people say Ghost needs to be changed because of camping but then say sit rep is ok. Such hypocrisy!

• 8. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    anoreo

I'm sorry, but sitrep IS balanced. Without Dead Silence, you're a walking parade. With it, it's as if neither of us have a 3rd tier perk. Crouch walking still works since you make no noise though.

Although to be honest, I'd be perfectly fine if Awareness/SitRep pro didn't even exist. I don't know why the devs insist it returns all the time, but all them sneaky ninjas can't get away with being perfectly quiet all the time. Perhaps Dead Silence should be axed? That way, more emphasis could be placed on crouching and going prone.

• 9. Re: SnD Game breaker ? Awareness
    nicedrewishfela

I think the issue I have with how they changed SRP is the degree to which they tweaked it. They made even Dead Silence users sound like elephants trampling across a tin roof.

My issue with it is that I should hear them if I am using dead silence just as loudly as they hear me coming. It only makes sense. They aren't using a class to muffle their footsteps. So I should hear them pretty clearly. As someone who has tried this using good headsets, I can tell you that is where they failed in the balance. There is in no way any equality there.

To me, SRP should double the volume of enemy footsteps. Thus, if I am using Dead silence, you will hear a lower register, lower volume footstep that is audible but harder to distinguish, whereas the sound of anyone not using it would resonate loudly. That, to me, is balance.

As it stands, they really made quite the mockery of it.

1 2 3 Previous Next