14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 7:20 PM by trialstardragon RSS

No Sitrep Pro Counter?

For every perk that reveals enemy location there is a counter, for example assassin pro counters marksman, dead silence counters recon. but what about sitrep pro? Am I forced to crouch walk at a snail's pace in every SND game i play? why is there no counter to sitrep, it renders dead silence useless and makes everyone else sound like elephants stomping on a tin roof. it basically gives everyone who can afford a 60 dollar head set the location of any moving player within a huge area. forcing people to sit in corners in fear of being sound whored by some a-hole holding an acr with blind eye assasin and sitrep pro. so basically you can't rush at all. IMO this perk has ruined search and destroy, a game mode i found fun until they buffed the living piss out of sitrep pro. I'm sure many fellow SND players will agree with me. so please infinity ward, it would make me and so many other players so happy if you reverted back to how it was. Now here comes the sitrep pro users who will defend it to the grave because it is the only way they can do good in search and destroy.

• Re: No Sitrep Pro Counter?
    gomez615

You'e 100% correct. Sitrep Pro has made Dead Silence useless. I think there was no gray area for IW to explore with this issue. They only had the resources to make Dead Silence silent or sound like everyone else without it. It hasn't ruined SnD just use Sitrep Pro yourself and everyone's on an even playing field like before when everyone had Dead Silence.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

They didn't buffed it. They made it work how it was intended to work. It was glitched for a long time.

starbuckfrack

You know what is really sad ? You get those cheaters that either have a stereo or turn the volume up on the TV so you can here better.

Give it a break. If you see the killcam showing someone using SiteRep Pro then just use a DIFFERENT class.

Just like if you get in a match with a lot of helis, change to a different class for once.

There is a reason they give you that thing called custom classes. Why worry about a perk that shows up about 10 percent of the game kills or less.

Problem is that people who run and gun never check corners, so they blame others because they cant adapt. they blame campers, Snipers, siterep Pro users. anyone basically except for themselves.

SitRepPro

mrboomx wrote:

For every perk that reveals enemy location there is a counter, for example assassin pro counters marksman, dead silence counters recon. but what about sitrep pro? Am I forced to crouch walk at a snail's pace in every SND game i play? why is there no counter to sitrep, it renders dead silence useless and makes everyone else sound like elephants stomping on a tin roof. it basically gives everyone who can afford a 60 dollar head set the location of any moving player within a huge area. forcing people to sit in corners in fear of being sound whored by some a-hole holding an acr with blind eye assasin and sitrep pro. so basically you can't rush at all. IMO this perk has ruined search and destroy, a game mode i found fun until they buffed the living piss out of sitrep pro. I'm sure many fellow SND players will agree with me. so please infinity ward, it would make me and so many other players so happy if you reverted back to how it was. Now here comes the sitrep pro users who will defend it to the grave because it is the only way they can do good in search and destroy.

Don't play S&D as I'd rather play Counter Strike instead but you could just have SRP and DS unavailable for S&D.  There's nothing wrong with SRP for other game modes.  Even with SRP I could barely hear DS users and it just encouraged people to run Blind Eye, Assassin and Dead Silence with silenced weapons.  When I find that in TDM I'd be tempted to quickscope if I have a sniper since I'll be using two working perks.  Now I can call in crate awards without worrying about a hijack.

NotablePie

oh noez i can't run like a headless chicken around anymore with blind eye, assasin and dead silence, as there's a slight chance a srp users might hear me, slight chance as i still don't sound like a hurd of buffalo's at 1.0x sound but just like his teammates

murder, fire, ****....

DS had no counter at all, now it has

don't blame the dev's for fixing something that was broken

seriously DS users are.... well fill it in yourself

never heard srp users moan so much when their perk didn't work properly, and with a actually broken perk they atleast had a valid reason to moan thus....

tjeez

SitRepPro

NotablePie wrote:

oh noez i can't run like a headless chicken around anymore with blind eye, assasin and dead silence, as there's a slight chance a srp users might hear me, slight chance as i still don't sound like a hurd of buffalo's at 1.0x sound but just like his teammates

murder, fire, ****....

DS had no counter at all, now it has

don't blame the dev's for fixing something that was broken

seriously DS users are.... well fill it in yourself

never heard srp users moan so much when their perk didn't work properly, and with a actually broken perk they atleast had a valid reason to moan thus....

tjeez

Heh.  I'd give up SRP completely when sniping if Assassin Pro (I unlocked that in like 20 minutes) did not counter Marksman (at base level).  Plus SR only counters DS when it SR is at pro version and not at base level  So, with the long time comapred to other perks SR takes to unlock to pro version, while not countering DS, the DS users are getting an unfair advantage.  I haven't noticed that many people using the perk, though I play core TDM (plus Barebones).  There are places where I can hear enemies loud enough without SRP.

I use Recon, Quickdraw and SitRep in case I run into a clan all running Blind Eye, Assassin, Dead Silence and silenced weapons.  Run frag and two flash grebades too.  It has made a few clans leave.

Even though Dead Silence is virtually now useless because of Sitrep I still choose to use it. If someone is relying heavily on their sound to get their kills chances are the have bad fundamentals and can be killed easy. Just remember to check your corners mate. And crouch when possible- Not the most fun thing to move slow but whatever helps right?

This has been going on for ages now.

On a personal level the Sitrep Pro buff was a huge mistake by Infinity Ward, because it punishes run-and-gunners while rewarding campers.

The Sitrep Pro buff ruined my Extreme Conditioning Pro / Assassin Pro / Dead Silence Pro S&D setup designed to flank camping enemies (including soundwhores) and catch them cold. I still do it because Sitrep Pro isn't as prevalent as first feared but I get annoyed when the perk that's supposed to stop soundwhoring is defeated by a soundwhore using Sitrep Pro.

Sitrep Pro encourages camping as it provides an aural Portable Radar, but Dead Silence Pro is borderline useless to campers as they tend to just sit there and not make any noise anyway. It would be good for campers in that it reduces the effects of Recon but no-one uses that perk.

I've also read that some people believe that Dead Silence Pro still counters Sitrep Pro because Dead Silence Pro makes you sound like a friendly to Sitrep Pro users. It does make you sound like a friendly, but when the Sitrep Pro soundwhore checks their radar and sees no friendlies nearby they'll think "Enemy coming" and lo and behold, they'll get the jump on you and you're dead meat.

Sitrep Pro also silences friendly footsteps as well to an almost inaudible sound.

phxs72

I use Recon Pro on a couple of my classes.  Even at it's base level, I can basically blackbird the entire enemy team without even getting 1 kill.  It's a very powerful perk that not many people use probably because it's unlocked right when you prestige and people think that it's not that good if they are going to give it to you right away.  I know I didn't use it much at all until I prestiged several times but it's a staple in my class setups now for guns that have a decent reload speed without Sleight of Hand.

I'm a Sitrep pro and Dead Silence pro user, not other perk. It bothers me when people moan about Sitrep Pro being immune to Dead silence. There are loads of ways to not counter but beat Sitrep Pro... You could use your brains and crouch, Don't want to crouch? There are always Flash n Stuns or Stalker Pro ADS. Just play the game guys. It is what it is.

nflfenatic

If every perk has a counter what is the counter for assasin pro. And if sitrep didn't reveal dead silence, what would the counter be for dead silence. I use sitrep pro to run and gun as it makes my own movements and that of my teammates silent the only ones you hear are enemies. I can however see how it would be a problem on that gametype. I've noticed that air support seems to render it useless sometimes and small maps like dome where there is always explosions. I've noticed without sit rep pro I am constantly hearing footsteps and movement so I am constantly whiipping around only to have a teammate behind me. I could take the time to look at the minimap but seems like that would add a split second you don't always have. Thats the main reason I use sitrep pro is that it muffles teammate noise.

SitRepPro

mrboomx wrote:

Now here comes the sitrep pro users who will defend it to the grave because it is the only way they can do good in search and destroy.

Anyone can use sound lowering perks in that game mode.  I'd say make a S&D game list in the Community section with no sound whatsoever and see how many people over reliant on Dead Silence get stomped on.  Ninja Pro from Black Ops is a far better perk than SRP since you get two roled into one but at least you have decent alternatives in that perk slot.  In MW3 the perks in slot 3 aren't really worthwhile alternatives.  Stalker Pro is the closest but you can sacrifice that because of the performance of the MP7. 

But in Black Ops you had maps where S&D was better to play in anyway.  Rather play Cracked than Dome for this game type.

The stupidity is that many people who ***** about SRP, soundwhore users who have not got DS selected.  With a silenced game mode of S&D this will prevent soundwhoring from both sides, promote gun skill, and players who cannot unlock Dead Silence can go straight into the match without being picked off a soundwhoring DS and/or red dot hunter.  Now you have a dose of your own medicine.

You're not going to get a change to the setup for one game type.  There's no real Barebones so at least you have your game mode.