8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 12:03 PM by otisman666 RSS

Where are the new playlist gamemodes that was mentioned 2 months ago?

johnyager

It's obvious that they haven't been trying at all for these so called " New Playlist gamemodes " 2 months have gone by and thats LONG ENOUGH. I don't care if they need to fix the lag comp in this game first. It's obvious that it will never get fixed. So Infinity Ward/SledgeHammer why not you just release the new playlist modes that was mentioned 2 months ago. I'm absolutely sick and tired of this game now. I was actually quite excited to see that you guys were going to make new playlist gamemodes. Well now I'm not because you've taken alot more time than it should have. Your company is corrupt. You guys should just move on and make a whole new game. It's obvious you can't support Call of Duty. Treyarch should just be given the title because they actually listen to the community and get it right A.S.A.P. So in the meantime before BO II comes out. I'll be waiting for these "Sniper Only Playlist" and "Competitive Playlist"

• Re: Where are the new playlist gamemodes that was mentioned 2 months ago?
    trialstardragon

Sorry but you do not get to decide what is long enough and when or if a playlist should be added to the game or not, only the developers do. Dont like it well dont play the game anymore. You have no idea on how long it may actually take to test out the game modes and playlists to see if it would be feasible or not to add them. So just because you feel it has been long enough does not make it so by any means.

Just because they asked about possible new playlists did not mean they were going to show up in this game ever. Just because they ask or hint at making a change does not mean they have to go through with it, regardless of what you think or feel.

Those playlist were probably put on the back burner beacuse of other more important things that needed to be adressed and yes those things such as weapon rebalance and lag fix and host fix are more important than any new playlists ever, even if you choose to think otherwise.

otisman666

Umm, I think the new Playlist / Gamemode was that new mode for Spec Ops they released earlier in August. 

If I am not mistaken, they also mentioned a number of times about refreshing the guns and perks in Infected, which of course hasn't been done either.

Who knows?  More importantly who cares, there are so many issues with this game, why would you want another game mode?

trialstardragon

The OP is refering to the poll that was on the main board that asked about what new playlists poeple would like to see added. It has been about 2 months since that poll was done. What the OP probably fails to understand that just because a poll is created does not mean what was asked for will ever be done, especially if other things needed attention first and were more important even if the OP does not agree so.

johnyager

Okay before you try to act like a hard guy. It's clear they are not going to fix any of that. So why not should they be added? It's obvious people are bored and they want something new. People can care less now of "lag compensation and other issues" the game needs dedicated servers. COD needs dedicated servers or we wouldn't be having this "lag comp" The game is almost over in it's cycle people can care less about "lag comp being fix" I'd rather have a new gamemode than lag comp being fix. So go post in 19 other topics for the rest of your day.

mdub

johnyager wrote:

Okay before you try to act like a hard guy. It's clear they are not going to fix any of that. So why not should they be added? It's obvious people are bored and they want something new. People can care less now of "lag compensation and other issues" the game needs dedicated servers. COD needs dedicated servers or we wouldn't be having this "lag comp" The game is almost over in it's cycle people can care less about "lag comp being fix" I'd rather have a new gamemode than lag comp being fix. So go post in 19 other topics for the rest of your day.

People dont want lag fixed? Really? Have you missed the never ending thread that is almost entirely dedicated to connection/sync issues?

Your concerned about playlists. EVERYONE else wants the game fixed.

NotablePie

johnyager wrote:

you're so wrong

but nice to know you speak for me and the rest of the players that we don't wanna see the lag comp fixed...

ohhhh wait, it's the only thing i want fixed, i couldn't give less about a new gamemode, would only be more crap that fractures the playerbase

and you do know CoD's get played longer as just till the next CoD right ?

still people playing CoD4, WaW, BO

trialstardragon

It is clearly you do not know what people want on these forums. Most players do not give a damn about new playlists they want the lag/connection issues fixed and the guns rebalanced and spawns fixed. New playlists are not a priority to most of the players here. And this game lasts longer than just the one year. People still play it and will still play it even after BO2 comes out. The game will not just die as soon as BO2 comes out like you or others like you may think and claim.

So really you do not have as much of a clue as you think you do.

As toward dedicated servers it has been said by both 3arc and IW that on this generation of console they will not be supporting dedicated servers for cod any time in the near future. So that is not going to happen. Plus dedicated servers do not fix lag or connection issues, they only eliminate host migrations and a few other issues. Even games like BF3 which have dedicates servers still suffer from lag and hit detection issues at times. So no dedi's are not the silver bullet to fix that and never were nor ever will be. Just people like you who think they are will never understand that simple fact.

otisman666

Wasnt' that poll run by that Candy lady and some other chick?  Dude, they are long gone and anything they were working on is pretty much dead.  They have neither the influence nor knowhow to get something like new playlists implemented.