1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2013 9:07 AM by XxSoMaxX Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.

and im guessing you use  sitrep pro with and acr in SND and is soooo happy to finally able to  win almost every gunfight because you can now hear everyone coming and set up in a headglitch. before you had to use tactics and actually work for your kills, man those were bad times werent they!. god forbid they take away the precious sitrep pro! what will happen if you cant pinpoint the position of every singe moving player!!! the thought itself makes me want to curl up into a ball and weep! oh mercy!!! 

• 41. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.

Before reading, please if you primarily play gametypes other than Search and Destroy, DO NOT reply to this, as it mainly concerns these players.

Everyone's reasoning for Sitrep Pro not being overpowered, is that it counters Dead Silence, "a perk that was previously uncountered." Ever thought about Dead Silence countering Dead Silence? This is how it was in Call of Duty since I've started playing (COD4). It makes no sense that IW wants to change this about Call of Duty. They are changing a main essence to the game. This has made most infuriated, that actually are "die hard SnD players," to change such an essential perk to the gametype to have almost no effect at all. Pretty much Dead Silence is only used now to decrease the effects of recon, (which is still almost a pointless addition to the perk). So, if IW is going to essentially render Dead Silence useless, why not just take it out of the game? I actually wouldn't like to see it taken out though. It was a perk that overall helped to see just who was the better player, with gun skill. With neither of the players being able to be heard, there was really no advantages/disadvantages to either players (excluding the occasional amazing headset). For those who didn't know a great headset could actually allow you to hear dead silence, faintly, but still could hear it, usually only used by the extreme COD players. Back to the subject, empowering campers with this new Sitrep patch, only encourages them more to camp. Yes, there is a couple precautions you can take to counter this, either camp yourself or crouch EVERYWHERE. Personally, I think doing either of these takes the fun out of the game, as I sure most others will agree. Doing either of them would also render a few other perks useless aswell, for example Extreme Conditioning. What is the use to have a perk that allows you to sprint for longer distances, when you cannot walk, let alone sprint, without being heard from someone with Sitrep?

To sum everything up, enabling players to hear others, with a perk that is supposed to make their footsteps silent, is a mistake. It encourages the players to camp, something that I believe nearly every Call of Duty SnD player will agree with is frustrating and an annoyance. Possibly making a large portion of valued customers, its players, to discontinue playing the series. It renders Dead Silence, a perk essential for avid SnD players, completely useless.

• 42. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.
    DeeTaurus

ObamaDoesStuff wrote:

What was IW smoking when they decided to buff SitRep pro so all the sound whores could hear people using Dead Silence? It's ridiculously unfair. I see EVERYBODY using it now, and now no matter what setup I use they will always hear me coming by my footsteps. People will argue "well they paid for their headset so they deserve the advantage" no no and NO sound whoring has never been legit, is not legit, and will never be legit. That's like saying modders should be allowed to mod because they paid for their JTAG or whatever. It's one of the sole reasons I never play S&D. Pretty much every other Perk has a counter or doesn't need one, in fact I'll list them out:

SoH - This actually doesn't need a counter.

Recon - I'm pretty sure there's a Perk that reduces the effects of Recon.

Extreme Conditioning - This doesn't need a counter either, in fact it SHOULD be unlimited sprint.

Blind Eye - Killstreaks like Reapers, AC130s, Osprey Gunners, Assault Drones, Juggernauts, Remote Sentries, Airstrikes etc. can still kill people with this Perk, although it may be more difficult.

Scavenger - They nerfed this pretty hard in MW3, and honestly I'm glad. Grenade spam gets annoying.

Quickdraw - Again, this doesn't need a counter. It shouldn't work on Snipers though.

Hardline - Just because a player's killstreak requires one less kill doesn't mean you can't still Buzzkill them.

Assassin - This is the one perk besides SitRep Pro that drives me nuts, but it seems like they're finally nerfing it in Black Ops 2.

Overkill - Honestly there's not really an advantage in having two Primaries when Machine Pistols are so good.

Stalker - Another one that doesn't really need a counter, Claymores and IMS can still kill people using Stalker Pro even though it is unlikely.

Marksman - I think Assassin or Blind Eye counters this.

Steady Aim - This Perk is really only beneficial on Akimbo weapons and the PP90M1, so it's fine.

SitRep Pro - God mode Perk as of the recent buff. Hear everything, literally.

Dead Silence - Absolutely useless now because of SitRep Pro buff.

So pretty much, SitRep Pro is ruining MW3. Sound whores have always been annoying, but now it's just out of control.

I'm sorry but you need to play smarter, Sitrep pro users rely on sound too much ( i get the jump on them all the time waiting in predictable places) or i'll use sitrep pro myself and play them at there own game.

i use what ever it takes to win, stop moaning and get better at the game.

• 43. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.

Crouch walk with stalker.  Its not terribly fast but you can get around making 0 noise and have your weapon ads at the same time.  Combine this with recon and sitrep users will have no way to counter you.

• 44. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.
    Noctis Everto

Dead Silence.

p1 Recon Pro- Bullets and Flash mark enemy on radar (Location and Direction)

|

Recon will only show the POSITION of an enemy if he is using Dead Silence

|

p2 Dead Silence- Reduces footstep sound, no damage from falling.

_____________________________________________________________________________

p1 Sitrep Pro- Shows location of Equipment and hear enemy louder

|

Sitrep will pickup less sound if standing, none when crouching (Without DS Enemy is MUCH louder)

|

p2 Dead Silence- See Above

See? It does cancel out, but it means you need to take into effect your player noise more often. Run around alot? or do you Crouch walk while sprinting when necessary.

You just need to play a LITTLE smarter.

• 45. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.

stop complaining and feel hurt. use it yourself and grow a pair

• 46. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.
    that6uy420

yup.. crouching doesn't work at all.. it's not like it makes your moves silent to everything....

• 47. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.
    that6uy420

run everywhere huh?  That's your problem...  play and think smarter

• 48. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.
    that6uy420

I used it always ..  I don't like running into claymore and betties....  the noise is an addded bonus after the long fight to get the damn thing pro in the first place... then to have it gone shortly after  since I'll be prestiging soon.

• 49. Re: SitRep Pro is offically the most overpowered Perk in MW3, literally no counter.
    correrhead227

So whats you point.Anyone can use it. At least its not HACK.So just use it like evryone else.

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next