14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 8:37 AM by Moofda RSS

Please No Ricochet In Hardcore!!

Any other hardcore players sick of ricochet? I understand the need for it in S&D but I've had about enough of it in MW3! Please tell me Black Ops 2 won't fall victim to ricochet!! I understand the need for it in Modern Warfare's hardcore modes cause killing your teammates counts as deaths for them but I use betties and claymores and I can't tell you how many times I'm accross the map and someone triggers a betty/clamore and my teammate is right there and I die! Same thing with exploding vehicles and barrels. Ricochet is hardcore with training wheels bottom line! Bring back the 3 team kills and get kicked system!

• Re: Please No Ricochet In Hardcore!!
    MajesticBones

i agree 100%. if im shooting at the other team, and my teamate happens to step in front of me, thats stupid that i die because it wasnt on purpose or anything. i hope they take that out so much

nicedrewishfela

Signed.

Ricochet was IWs knee-jerk reaction to not considering the issue of Team-killing in HC upon release. IW tends to be stubborn about learning from the successes and failures of past titles.

Black Ops 3 and kick was just about right, in my opinion. It forced you to be aware of teammates, but didn't punish you for a mistake here and there. Ricochet leads to selfishness and stupidity.

Bring back 3 and kick... but fix the fact the host couldn't get kicked at all.

Plus, no respawn time if you are team-killed.

Let's hope they keep us hardcore players in mind! Great point about the respawn times if you're killed! I guess I'm just frustrated after getting killed like 3 times in a row this afternoon because of ricochet.

nicedrewishfela

Friendly fire on is what Hardcore is supposed to be. You are supposed to think before you shoot. You are supposed to think before stepping in front of a teammate who is firing. You are supposed to think about where to drop an airstrike before letting it go.

I watched a guy on my team on Village one time... I was having a GREAT game. 17-0 on HC TDM. I went to place my bomber, all green arrows were in the cave area. I called out over the Mic.."I am dropping this on the village, STAY OUT OF VILLAGE.

I watched this dummy run, FULL SPEED, directly towards the airstrike. Of course, I died... not big dummy.

THAT is the problem with Ricochet. HC on MW3 felt too much like Core to me. I hope they can bring it back in all its glory and give the HC community the respect it deserves.

iivrruummii

Personally I like it as it is in MW2-MW3.  I played hardcore in MW1 and WAW, and nearly every game I had teammates throwing flashbangs and killing me repeatedly.  If you are stupid enough or too blind to see you teammates infront of you, you deserve to kill yourself.

MW2 TDM does not have ricochet, I still play it. Your opinion is yours and that's cool but if you've played enough of it you know you die needlessly like nicedrewishfela stated above. I have no control if a teammate of mine decides to walk in front of me while I'm shooting. I'm not controlling them.

Film_Not_Rated

So you want the the trolling back?

I never played HC much except for Cod4, and team killing in that was crazy.

All i'm going to say is that if you really want to get teamkilled by trolls, and like that, then support to you... But i'm sure people who are on killstreaks or have a good postion set up, don't want to be killed by someone who's just doing it to mess with people.

Although that is true all you have to do is stay still long enough and you'll be trapped by a teamate. There is no way out unless you kill yourself trying to kill the "Troll". Messing up your K/D instead of both of yours. (Killing a teammate too many times will result in instant death then eventualy booted out the lobby. Screwing up the "Troll"'s K/D and win percentage.) I don't like Hardcore Ricochet when you knife an enemy and accedentaly knife a freindly and it kills only you.

Film_Not_Rated

I totally get your point, i'm just saying with the amount of trolling on the rise, it's going to be bad in some matches.

I.E SnD back in CoD4 or MW2? I think it was, either one... People would spawn with rockets and team kill everyone or half the team at least, and i'm pretty sure that isn't fun for anyone except the troll.

I do like the boot option though that Blops1 had, and it was also funny hearing the announcers speak about it.

I will say though, I don't play much HC but I do think the old way is better than Ricochet, also if theres a way to stop people from knifing vests or stopping any other KS, needs to be looked into. >.>

I expect Treyarch to continue with its superior 3 TK - kick system. Ricochet is garbage.

rankismet

Search function is your friend.

Moofda

I can't imagine Treyarch all of the sudden adopting ricochet for their HC. Probably just another 3 TK's and you're out.

Except in WAW you could continually TK people by placing your betty by them and shooting it. Oops.