21 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 2:46 AM by SitRepPro RSS

No More Ricochet in Hardcore!!

Please Infinity Ward, remove ricochet in your next release! It is a handicap and only noobs need it unless you're playing S&D. TDM does not need this stupid stupid crap!! 3 team kills and then you get kicked and if I do accidentally kill a teammate it should not count as a death for them. Is that too much to ask for? Redeem yourselves in MW4 please!! Plus from what I've seen there are more mature players in hardcore who actually work and buy your products so don't shove us to one side. Props to those who enjoy core but make hardcore hardcore again.

• Re: No More Ricochet in Hardcore!!

uhhhhh no. Hardcore TMD will be vacant. Do you know how many teamates will kill you on purpose? Even if you get kicked, no one will care because there will be no consequence. And there really is no real good way to punish someone if they do get kicked. And you are the noob if you cant tell your teamate from an enemy.

So I guess you don't play Black Ops. I've been playing that since it came out and don't see a big problem with team killing. It does happen but it's not as bad as MW2 plus your teammate doesn't get a death counted against them. I'm not stupid and I know the difference between my team and the enemy. Hardcore was done right by Treyarch and Infinity Ward hates hardcore anyway. I'll just skip Infinity Ward's releases if they continue to cater to only core players. I wouldn't play cod if it wasn't for hardcore, core is too much like an arcade game and that new chaos mode is perfect for all the core kids.

the majority of kick-outs form 3 team kills was no doubt due to your buddy running in front of your fire, or an explosion.  you can actually "cheat" and get your self killed by your own teammate to boot him. this effectively opens the unsporting conduct just as bad as allowing you to kill your own team. ricochet tries to remove this but you can still be killed by your own team taking your fire or explosions purposely, so again it is still not the most fair way to handle it. Being booted is not the answer, neither is richochet. the Community needs to ponder a better solution and offer it up, because quite frankly the devolopers have been lost on this one. perhaps a boot vote? where after the nefarious team mate kills you or your killstreak you can decide whether it was fair or not and then let it pass... I cant tell you how many times my party got seperated or kicked due to friendly fire that was not intentional.. If i accidently run into my friends fire, I dont want him to be kicked for it.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I agree!

IW, please remove ricochet. I miss team killing my team mates.

KTPhoenix

noobs need it? say what? what player needs ricochet? the only people i can tell that want it are the ones who say that without it there would be explosive spamming (which is not true). if anything, i have seen more people on here (myself included) that wants ricochet removed. but my answer to the problem is more out side the box. i would just prefer that they remove ricochet AND friendly fire. but i guess the COD community is not ready for that kind of thinking yet.

SitRepPro

No bwcause I'm sure people will abuse this so they pick on a team mate while the others get their precious killstreaks so they make the game artificially longer than it ought to be.  You could still do it but if you kill your team mate you get kicked from the match.  Do it again, then you get kicked and a 20 minute delay into joining another game etc.

rlbl

HC without Ricochet would be great, as long as kills from Killstreaks did not count.  Nothing worse that telling your team that you are dropping a pred in a certain area and you get killed because someone still insisted on going there.

Another problem with not having ricochet is the incidental team killing. You know, when someone on your team runs in front of your gun. (However if they would die maybe they should think because their killstreak would get interrupted)

I honestly wished they would put it back to the way it was in MW2 where you could kill people indefinitly, i know there would always be a noob running around killing the teammates but sometimes you do really just HAVE to kill the stupid teammates.

starbuckfrack

Ricochet is needed. 3 kills and you are gone is too easy on the punishment.

At least with Ricochet you get instant results which I feel helps the TEAM better because you are not getting to be a pain in the tail 3 times in a row.

The game isnt called "Comfy Chair" core. If the wimps cant take the rules then try Private Matches.

riffy08

I've been playing some Black Ops this past couple weeks, and I have to agree that I like the NO ricochet option better...it just has a better feel...although I did come close to get kicked on the first few matches of BLOPs, lol!  In MW3, if I feel there's a good chance it's an enemy I'll tap that trigger and take a little damage, but not enough to kill me...well this is a bad habit for Black Ops!  Anyways, I don't think they'll change anything for MW3, but I hope MW4 is Non-Ricochet!

undzis

I have to agree with the op.  HC was like that in BO and it was much better.

maybe after a certain amount of team kills you cant play the game mode for a certain time? i hate richochet i was trying to get into some hardcore before they changed it up, it makes it hard to throw grenades because someone on your team may be there, it sucks shooting your own team when someone runs in front of your gun. maybe a team kills stat that shows in the lobby, like madden had a stat online where it told you how many time the other player quit in the middle of the game so you can make a decision wether you want to play the game or not. i know it happens by accident but im sure the spread from happenstance to some douche killing his own team for laughs would be big enough to tell the difference.

Just got done playing HC in Black Ops and I gotta say it is way better than ricochet! Bottom line is hardcore is not hardcore with ricochet. 3 team kills and you're done is perfect.