8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 6:09 AM by wridtrvlr RSS

Wins & Losses

Snyper720

When it comes to wins and losses in the barracks I find it unfair when I jump on in my PS3 search for any type of game in Modern Warfare 3 and they put me into a game that's already in-game. Doesn't matter whether you're losing or not, it just puts you on the damn team.

Just about a minute ago I was put in a game just about to finish. In fact it finished before I could even choose a class [CUSTOM CLASS 1]; doesn't matter what class just giving an example. It lasted about 15 seconds. I took a look in the Theater in Vault. It counts as a DEFEAT which counts as a LOSS in the barracks. I know many of you don't care but I do. Why should we be penalized? It isn't fair...

This past month it's been doing the same thing over and over. I had a 1.24 RATIO in wins and today it's 0.90! Does anyone also feel this is unfair? If you do I'd like to see some personal opinions on this. If you've got nothing to say don't come posting negative comments.

• Re: Wins & Losses
    stevonub420

What I do is usually just press start to see how the teams stack up. I rarely ever join a team like that. What sucks is when you leave that lobby just to search for another one,and it puts you in the same damn lobby you just left.

Snyper720

That also happens but if you leave if you're winning or not it counts as DEFEAT if your team is losing or VICTORY if your team is winning. Either way you're penalized for leaving or you might get lucky enough to be rewarded victory if you're put in a winning team.

Wolf_Odinson

The way you get past being re-spawned into the same lobby you just left is to -

1)  wait a few minutes before searching for another match of the same type, or

2)  select a different type of game. if you aren't playing the same game type, you can't get stuck back in the same lobby

Keep your powder dry,

Wolf

Snyper720

I rarely rejoin the same lobby. It's only happened to me twice out of 1800+ matches. My point here is the wins and losses. On my first search I'm most likely to end up in a match that's is about to end and the opposing team winning.

Agree but there are time when you are put into games that goes the other way (win).  Over all I think it's BS but hopefully it all evens out.

ghamorra

Last weekend I successfully managed to take 7 losses in less than 20min because of this. Everytime I left a match I was thrown into I would get put right back in. But then, if you stick it out the match ends, you take the loss, and then lobby gets disbannded so your stuck having to jump into another game insession. Definitely annoying

dedicatedserversplease

You know how I avoid this.......I dont leave the lobby.  My W/L is around 8.0.  I got on every night around the same time and play for about 4 hours.  I think I actually search for a game 2-3 times because there is an error message.  I rarely if ever need to restart a lobby because my team runs the lobby we get into.

wridtrvlr

They really do need to fix the matchmaking they have in place. 

That being said, on Sunday I jumped into a match, checked the score and I was on the winning team by 62-45, hooray for me!  I didn't even get the chance to kill someone and got the win.  O kills, O deaths but a win under the belt.

The above instance rarely happens in reality and truth be told, most of my losses are from me backing out of games where they've thrown me into a lopsided game. 

I love when the matchmaking gods work in my favor and my team is able to jump into a match that has just started.  Exactly how matchmaking should work.