21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 1:22 PM by jewz RSS

Quickscoping in BO2...

iivrruummii

Snipers have no aim-assist, so stop complaining about it about quickscoping.  There will always be quickscoping to a degree but quickscoping in BO2 is going to be nothing like MW2/MW3.  Personally I don't want them to completely ruin them like in BO.

• Re: Quickscoping in BO2...
    grif77775

I can't where players are getting the idea that quickscoping will be like MW2/3.

with no aim assist alot of Quick scoper will have a hard playing the game. The only way I see quick scoping coming back is if they use the iron sights on the snipers, and even then I can't see too many player doing this

Looks much like MW3 sniping to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqwTwbB17I

grif77775

1) within the first 5 minutes the guy missed a hell of alot more than he hit

2) the only quick scope he got was at point blank range, the rest were drag shots.

3) he had almost as many pistol kills as sniper kills

from what you've shown me, it pretty clear quicking scoping will be no where as bad. The footage you seem there was from a youtuber who uses sniper all the time, thats not your average quick scoper.

you're jumping to conclusions about this. Watch it again and count how many times he had to drag the scope across to get the kill.

That video does not showcase the negative side of QSing (MW3 QSing in other words); that video shows a player having to aim exactly onto the opponent as he aims down the sight, and then drag-scoping the other times.

He also makes the pistol look pretty viable, which has me completely stoked about using a slot for the pistol now.

RenovaKunumaru

Those were not quick scopes, except for the close range encounter. The rest were fast hardscopes.

What made them seem like quickscopes was the fast that it was a fast hardscope from a nice player. Bl

Ack Ops sniping looks perfect. It will require only skill.

Black Ops sniping, post-patch was awesome. It was pretty much like Cod 4 where most of the time you Drag-scoped.

iivrruummii

Post release patch was the worst idea in the world. Made sniping too hard.

Film_Not_Rated

Which was good...

Just me though.

By the way, the term "Drag scoping" has seemed to have changed, at least from the way me and my friends use to use it...Which it's pretty much the same as Quickscoping, so...

Film_Not_Rated wrote:

Which was good...

Just me though.

By the way, the term "Drag scoping" has seemed to have changed, at least from the way me and my friends use to use it...Which it's pretty much the same as Quickscoping, so...

I use the term Drag Scoping as defined by BF3's community, which is:

First ADS; the timing of ads doesn't matter; you could've been holding it down for a minute or for a second. Step two: positioning the crosshair to the left of the opponent (some people prefer to the right). Step three: sliding the crosshair quickly across the opponent, and pressing the button at just the right moment, almost like playing whack-a-mole.

Film_Not_Rated

Ah never heard of that term, but never hung around the BF3 forums as they are ego crazy and extremely full of pony love.

The term I remember back in my MW2 sniping days was the same as a Quick scope, except you just dragged of course and it had to be fast within a second or so.

Film_Not_Rated wrote:

Ah never heard of that term, but never hung around the BF3 forums as they are ego crazy and extremely full of pony love.

The term I remember back in my MW2 sniping days was the same as a Quick scope, except you just dragged of course and it had to be fast within a second or so.

You mean dragging the reticule while you go through the ads animation? That's what I thought all QSing was. My friend quickscopes by keeping the reticule still, but I prefer acquiring the target as I ads. Which, perhaps is what makes QSing so unsuccessful for me in MW3, lol.

Film_Not_Rated

May be, I never prefered Dragscoping when I did my sniping, only just Qsing when I saw the guy.

But it's just aim, then drag while it's in the ADS animation so yeah.

Film_Not_Rated wrote:

May be, I never prefered Dragscoping when I did my sniping, only just Qsing when I saw the guy.

But it's just aim, then drag while it's in the ADS animation so yeah.

The technique I mentioned is now the only way I hard scope, it's just been so nice to use. Lining up the crosshair before firing is so difficult due to the arcade-styled movement, but drag scoping really helped me in Call of Duty, more so than any other franchise.

I agree the nerfing of the sniper rifles in black ops was overkill. Not only that but the sniper selection in blops 1 was pathetic the l96a1 being the only good one I loved that gun, the psg1 was inconsistent as well the wa2000 and the dragunov was horrible inconsistent and had atrocious recoil snipers were nearly obsolete in that game.

jewz

Sniping is much easier than in the first black ops. Sniping should be hard

TheAcidpiss

In reply to Ulices756 about the pistols, i agree that they look ALOT more usable but ive already begun making most of my classes in my head without a secondary. I might finally be able to make a fully functioning light weight class with no handicap.....

This just makes me think again of having10 custom classes and each one being COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!!     (makes me all mushy inside)

The sniping in BO was pretty much perfect.  It was terrible when the game was released but after several tweaks they got it right.  It took a higher degree of skill to perform which made sense.  MW2/MW3 are far too simple to snipe which is why you get these quickscoping kids.  Scope in time is too short and there is far too much aim assist for my liking.  I sniped a lot in BO and it just felt much better than MW2/MW3.

playthegameproperly wrote:

The sniping in BO was pretty much perfect.  It was terrible when the game was released but after several tweaks they got it right.  It took a higher degree of skill to perform which made sense.  MW2/MW3 are far too simple to snipe which is why you get these quickscoping kids.  Scope in time is too short and there is far too much aim assist for my liking.  I sniped a lot in BO and it just felt much better than MW2/MW3.

Except for the awful hit detection + a special randomizer I heard was added to snipers' accuracy in order to nerf them.

I've seriously watched half of my bullets fly away from the crosshair while I snipe in BO, which is completely unacceptable when the class' only niche is accuracy.

jewz

The randomizer was only briefly when you scope to eliminate quick scoping. It was however still possible if you stopped moving first. It just increased the skill gap and made sniping as a whole better.

There are many players doing this crap and for someone to be able to run with a sniper rifle and stop and aim that quickly is impossible. Can we add Jedi mind tricking too then?

Ok another August thread has reappared on the top of the pile.