28 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2012 6:55 PM by RAMBONER RSS

FINALLY...15/80 all gold guns.

RAMBONER

I know that nobody really cares but figured I would post it up anyway.  Two nights ago I golded the L118 and it was my last gun to gold.  I came really close to saying f-it quite a few times but managed to keep grinding.  The cool part is that I use different guns all the time but now can actually discuss or talk about all of them and in the process found some pretty cool set ups for not so good guns.  Plus I used every attachement available on every gun to get the gun challenge xp.

Some of them are obviously hard like the model but at least it was fun.   I honestly had the hardest time with the sniper rifles.  The RSASS was the worst and I finally (at lvl30) turned the Druganov into a poor mans MK14 with an ACOG and suppressor, which actually ended up being a really kick ass gun.  The ARs and the subs were cake but the shottys, LMGs and Sniper rifles are tough given they dont work well on every map.

Anyway I know most people dont care but I know some of you can appreciate how hard it is and know what its like to be "outclassed" by the powerhouse guns every single match.   I am sure looking forward to mowing some ******* down with the ACR and MP7.  It will be nice to be called an "ACR noob" now haaaa.....

• Re: FINALLY...15/80 all gold guns.
    phxs72

Congratulations on getting all of the guns gold!  That's a huge achievement.

stevonub420

Just curious as to what Prestige you stopped playing to?

ghamorra

The Dragonov is litterally a poor mans Mk14. I've been working hard at trying to complete all achievements with the snipers, but it's a long hard road

wridtrvlr

Good **** man!!  I'm 20/80 and getting more and more gold guns.

So far:

ACR, AK47, MP5, PP90M1, UMP45, P90, MP-7, PM9 & Striker.  So close to getting SPAS12 and USAS gold and the FAD.  So, my list is getting bigger by the day!!!

Congrats!  I still don't have a single kill with many weapons, nor do I care to try to use them.  You must have a lot of patience to put up with some of the crappier guns for that long.

RAMBONER

Patience indeed buddy.  I had I think 11 gold guns when they came out with prestiges 15-20 and honestly prestiging was boring for me by then and seemed meaningless given I had all of the classes and with tokens could start out with whatever I wanted pretty much anyway.  At that point I already had the Model, pre buff M16, and 4 LMGs gold so I just figured I would stay put and try to gold them all.

Hats off to u mate ill c u there too

On that note i have also reached an acheivement i have gotten ever support killstreak expert title :-[ feelsgood

rlbl

Nice Ramboner!

I gave up on the challenge at 15/80 and prestiged to 20. Now I am back on the wagon.

It pisses me off that when we get double Weapon XP I am sure I never works for me (I even once spent a token on 2WXP and it never activated... I know it didn't because I had the 1st one work fine)

Question: I was under the impression that no matter what game you played you get 100XP per kill on a gun. Maybe that is where I am wrong?

Anyways: I have the USAS, M4A1, M16 and PM9 gold now.  Quite a few guns are level 29+

RAMBONER

Ya know buddy the dbl weapon xp doesnt show on the screen.  You actually have to look at your weapons xp pre and post match and you will notice it.  It still shows 50, 100 etc. on the screen but you are actually getting it.  I thought the same thing.

rlbl

That's just it... I would look at the XP for the gun at the end of a game, then go into the next and count the kills I get and figure I should have that many killsX100X2

It is always killsx100 (unless I should be getting 50/kill)

RAMBONER

I cant remember when it was buddy but at some point months ago the same thing came up and someone on here explained it.  I wish I could remember the thread name but hell I cant even remember my own name most of the time.

All I know is with the double weapon xp my weapons were levelling up super fast.  I never actually looked at the xp though.  It just seemed "fast".  It came at a golden time for me since I was down to my last 4 guns. 

I only play dom and definately get 50xp kills sometimes and 100 others.  Then the 150 defends, paybacks etc..  I couldnt tell you why or when but I see the 50 pop up quite a bit.  I wonder if it is when they are already injured or something?

zvers

"M16". That's the only gun I have been using since the buff. It's an awesome gun, as long as you use it the right way! Of course, I will let others figure that out on there own. Did you ever use steady aim with the M16? I don't know about you but you can basically 'run and gun' no-zooming people with that gun. The buff really helped for sure.

RAMBONER

Thanks guys.... I expected more flamage right away...LOL

@ghamorra....I actually ended up loving the Druganov and moved it into my MK14 slot for the time.  With an ACOG and silencer its not bad at all.  It sounds stupid but there is a fairly quick cadence (spelling ?) that you can fire it and be on target.  It took me awhile to find it though.  If you go a touch too fast its all over the place but if you tap it again just as it drops the fire rate on target is good.  Obviously I prefer my MK14 but it wasnt bad.  The RSASS is the one I hated the most....though with the V zoom and suppressor its not bad either. 

@worldtravler....  Advice buddy....Yours sounds exactly like mine did and I ended up with like 6 guns left to gold that I hated which made the trek even worse haaa...  If your planning on golding them all work on those "shitty" guns as your going through especially with the dbl weapon xp.

wridtrvlr

Good advice Ramboner.  I guess I should start using some of those Sniper rifles, tbh those are the ones I am dreading the most only because I am strictly a r&g type player.  In order to be an effective sniper you need to find a point on the map that allows you to see the enemy spawn and sit and camp.  In this game, if I am sitting down, I feel like all the action is far from me and I get antsy. 

RAMBONER

Sounds like  I am speaking to myself...HAA....I had 6 guns left to gold and 4 were sniper rifles.  It sucked badddd....I used sniper rifles on Dome, Hardhat etc. just to get done and once I picked up the other guns again it was like easy mode.  Well for me which is still shitty for some guys haa...

I love the MSR and golded it farily quickly with my origional 10 but should have definately worked some others up earlier as well.  Save all of the weapon challenges until your gun is lvl30.  This does 2 things.  1 it gives you something to work on while your gun lvl stays the same and it makes 30-31 go way faster.  Obviously overall the time/kills that it takes is the same but mentally it seems faster.

Try the RSASS with the Vzoom and suppressor and also with kick and ACOG.  Its not bad either way and the Drugnov with speed, ACOG is nasty man once your learn the "cadence" to keep it on target.  I used quickdraw and treated them both like an AR.  Also it has 0 recoil when you lay prone so you can move around then drop to shoot.

BanHaMMer

I stopped at 12/80 I have most of the ones I like GolD, about 9. I just don't want to start getting ones I don't like GolD as I won't enjoy playing with them. I usually level a weapon upto 12 so I can use two attachments. But by then I know if there just not working for me or are working for me.

Well done on your persistence though RAMBONER

congrats

OG_ShakeZula

i plan on doing this as well as soon as i hit 20th prestige. but it is taking me forever due to not being able to play a lot. i grinded hard when the game first was out but now i just don't have the time and i fear i will never make it to 20th before BO2 is out.

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

Congrats, thats a great achievement!. I am still prestiging just gone 18th so my goal is get to 20th and gold what I can before BO2 comes out.

Congrats!

monkeylord

Well done dude i've only got half done and dreading the other half lol

jwaller123

Only 15/80? Looks like you better prestige and make it to 20..Lol.

RAMBONER

Haa....funny buddy.  I do know myslef a lil though and would not be surprised if I hit the PREST. button some night when I am 10 beers in.  Haa.

I had 10 gold when 11-15 came out and I hit the button.  This time I had 11 gold when `15-20 came out including 4 LMGs and the Model......The model in and of itself was reason to not prestige.  I knew that I wouldnt want to do that one again.

Honestly though I couldnt wait to get done so I could just use whatever gun I wanted to.  It was almost consuming to the point that I didnt even want to play with my clan as I knew most of my games I would suck and I didnt want to waste the xp playing with already gold guns so I could perform better.  

Thanks again to all who posted.  I fully expected some flaming for something.

If ya want some help getting better or how to have a high kdr............Well ask someone else.  Im not too good but, .......if you use any "non popular" guns and are looking for a decent set up I might have something I used that you would like.  I always use the "shitty" guns.