23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2012 8:26 AM by Elricco RSS

Fed up with hosting, I am done

zombie-papa

I love CoD, especially MW3, its all i played, every day since november but i am giving it up.

Can't play this game anymore. All i can do is watch and die, over and over again.
As soon as i am killed for the first time i can then just put down the controller and sit back because theres no gaming involved anymore.

I spawn in a line of fire, then in front of the guy who just shot me, then on top of a grenade, then right under a predator missile or i spawn on the enemy flag and i am killed instantaniously and continuously

Every weapon (and i do mean every one!) instakills me from every distance, and i myself cant even get hitmarkers anymore when pumping half a clip in someones face at spitting distance!!

Every game is like 2-29, 1-18, 4-31, etc... and if i quit i see host migration kicking in EVERY TIME

I get about one or two normal games in 4 days now and it is driving me so mad i have to walk away from it before i kick in my TV

Hosting is punishing me for having 50mb internet connection and it is just ridiculous,

I will never again buy another IW product

I dont care about losing i just want to play this game like its supposed to work!!!

gotten so bad now that if i cant find out if black ops 2 has local matchmaking confirmed before its release i am not even going to bother anymore with the whole series

• Re: Fed up with hosting, I am done

Bye then

zombie-papa

exactly the sort of response I expected

Well u had that comin

I spawn in a line of fire, then in front of the guy who just shot me, then on top of a grenade, then right under a predator missile or i spawn on the enemy flag and i am killed instantaniously and continuously

I guarantee this has never ever happened to you, let alone every game.

Exaggerate much?

zombie-papa

5 posts since januari.... i dont think we have anything to say to each other

u cant guarantee me nothing

troll much?

So my post count has a direct link to my opinion? Really?

Nice innovative way of spelling January too!

You and I know that you're posting a massive exaggeration of what can happen. You're moaning about quitting expecting some sort of response, but who knows what. I guess you're just craving attention.

Sure it's a nice bandwagon you have, and plenty of people will willingly jump aboard, but in reality it's based on over exaggeration and poor memory. If it's so bad then do as you say and quit. There's no need to come on here and get approval.

zombie-papa

what makes you think i need approval? I don't care what you think

And you can say exaggeration a million times man i am not bothered. Come to the Netherlands and try for yourself if you don't believe me.

You know nothing. You are trying hard to pull one sentence out of my post to bend the whole point of it. I didn't state i get chain killed every single game, i said i pull host every game, get instakilled by every weapon every game,

and i stated an example of things that happen when i am hosting.

Craving attention? now this is interresting...you didn't have to respond did you?, OP wasn't even aimed at you but the devs and mods here on the forum

I am a 37 years old database expert so poor memory might be a valid complaint i don't know, but you tell me you seem to think you know me and this game very well

Thanks for your grammar lesson, now go be bothered somewhere else

anyway like i said in my first post i am done

And you can say exaggeration a million times man

That made me chuckle

In reality you don't get host every game and don't get insta killed by any weapon every game. If that was the truth you wouldn't have played it for so long.

And the mods here are to look after the forum, and the devs couldn't care less if you quit or not.

I don't know you, but I know when someones talking bull.

And like I said in my first post, bye then

rlbl

I can guarantee it has.

I stopped playing FFA because the last two games I did I kept spawning in the path of the same person.  The last game I played I spawned in front of the same guy 4 times (not in the same place... he guy was moving in a direction and I kept spawn in his path)

I have also spawned and have gotten shot by a helicopter, while wearing blind eye (because I spawn on top of someone who was wearing it)

I have spawn and been insta-flashed, insta-tubed, and hits registering from my previous death.

Bettis123

Well that is pretty dang close, give him credit.

You should try BF3. Dedicated servers mean there is no host and everyone is on a level playing field. I have been taking a break from CoD and to be honest, 2 weeks in to my break, I dont think Im going back to it. The Close Quarter maps on BF3 are awesome and should cater to anyone switching from CoD pretty well. Just my two cents.

I enjoy MW3 too and like u and many others the host disadvantage can be shocking. I leave iplayer and skyplayer on to throttle my connection which seems to help.

If i think i am host I slow my game right down and pick off kills when they are easily available avoiding corners and CQC. I thought i read there was something in game meaning u should not get host 2 games in a row

zombie-papa

i dont think that is true i've been host more than 2 games in a row regularly.

As soon as it goes to a 1-10 or similar and i pull out its host migration every single damn time.

perhaps it just tries to find a different host but if you have better connection than the rest i can't see why it would pick someone else. Makes me so glad I upgraded my internet for a better gaming experience !!! My mate can't be party leader as his connection is so poor but game plays fine for him. Its all backwards and messed up.

I am sure they will address this for blops 2 ( fingers crossed ) plus a mute all except party button of course. I'm off to Eurogamer in Sept and hope to come back more positive for the next game.

vims1990

Have you tried not forwarding your ports & disabling "UPNP" on your router.

When I was frustrated with hosting, I applied the settings above & had a Moderate NAT type therefore the game never gave me host & a slightly better experience.

See if that works for you. It not cheating, you're just avoiding hosting.

wridtrvlr

It's the same for me.  Yesterday was almost unplayable when in a full party.  Back out and pick on other guy up and we can clean out rooms with ease...

This makes no sense to produce a game, in which team works is KEY, yet the game is nearly unplayable when you want to play in a team.  They need to fix this and before BOPS2 comes out, I can guarantee less people will buy BOPS2 b/c of this issue unless it's fixed.  YES there will still be a ton of people that do buy it at release, but I bet the number is smaller then the release of MW3.

rlbl

I would imagine it would be... but then again someone (like me) who :

- is looking forward to getting off this game

- Loved BO (and still plays it occasionally)

- Understands that LAG (and yes lag compensation) is in every game, but at least BO had a local option (which yea only worked in principal, but it is better than this)

- never got matched with people from France in BO (I am in Canada)

etc...

Already pre-purchased BO2

(LOL)

My hope is that the matchmaking system is much improved or MW3 (whether they ever fix it in MW3 or not).  My fear is that because of the world wide popularity of COD, AV will have no choice but to force both dev team to open up the matchmaking to allow people from BFN to join games (i.e. BO2 will be only slightly better at best)

BFN - B*tt F**k Nowhere.

wridtrvlr

It's so true RL, and I too have pre-ordered BOPS2...

I swear I've been placed in lobbies, way too many time, where I can't even tell what language is being spoken.  I am well traveled and knowledgeable in languages, Spanish major with minor in World Languages and I've been shocked at the lobbies I've been thrown into.

Maybe far eastern Europe or Far West Asia?  I have no clue sometimes BUT I SHOULD NEVER EVER BE MATCHED UP WITH THEM!!  Why would it drop me in that lobby?  With an estimated 50,000 playing in the US alone during the day, why can they not create a system to match us within our regions only?  It should never EVER search for players further out then the US and Canada, yet I get matched to Europe and South America all the time. 

I'm in canada too :) If da ping goes above 100 I back out n wen I have it open and I'm host I don't lag for some reason n I'm also 4 bar usually I wish I'm host cause I don't lag

i understand, i have to move my nat this to moderate this morning because i was hosting all games and i had seasickness due to this damned stuttering frame, it's really a shame seriously.

i don't know if someone make a video with this host stuttering frame, it's so ridiculously broken, unplayable. How a game can work decently if those which host the game are punished like that. 10 months without any improvement about this HUGE issue !!!!