34 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 9:44 PM by _Orvidor_ RSS

AAGGGHHH!!!  Please fix this game!!

wridtrvlr

Well as I've said many times before this game would truly be epic and way better then MW2 if they could just fix one thing....

Can you guess what I am getting at?!?!  I'm sure you can..c'mon and say it together out loud...LAG AND MATCHMAKING!!!

It's so beyond broken that sometimes I want to break the disc.  It's so beyond broken that sometimes I feel like I am in god mode and 10 steps ahead of the enemy.  It's so beyond broken that we've had 19 different patches (not all to correct this issue) that have done nothing to better the situation. 

The thing about it is, I can play SOLO and 9/10 games run smooth and I dominate the enemy but can't guarantee a win.  While playing in a party, I'd say 3-4/10 games run smooth, others are nearly unplayable.  Why is this?  Why, while playing in a party, can we have one match where the game plays great everyone is in agreeance that their deaths are legit and we have a good time and others people are nearly pulling their teeth out? 

I am just curious and I know I won't get any answers, but I am going to continue posting everyday (until I'm sick of it) about this issue.  I know it won't help the issue but I need to vent and this is the place for it even it they don't listen. 

• Re: AAGGGHHH!!!  Please fix this game!!
    rlbl

I think everyone will agree with you... as many others (as well as myself) have complained about this.

My general fear is (I have said this many times and I believe it is true...):

The series is too popular. People from low population areas are buying the game and wishing to get online. Because of this the matchmaking system has to allow them to play; as such people from all over the world are getting matched with people from all over the world...

I am hoping for better matchmaking options in the next installment (like a locale option that actually works, or waiting longer before expanding the search, etc...). If it is better, great. If it is not I know that the sales of the series is at least going to drop by 1.

wridtrvlr

Thanks for the hope RL!!

I know they must be working on a fix.  They know there is an issue and I'm sure they want their game to be enjoyable and playable for everyone, including the homeless children in Timbuktu...

I am hopeful for BOPS2.  Maybe I am hopeful b/c I know how much they care about Zombies and Treyarch will ensure playability of that, which in turn will be better for multi.  I've already spent my hard earned money on it, so win or loose, they still got me...again. 

Do you need a hug and a happy smoke? I am here for you buddy lol Vent away

wridtrvlr

Man I swear if I smoked anymore, I'd turn green!! 

I just can't understand why we've had these issues ever since the release of this game.  I can understand if these things happen later on in the games release, with the focus turning towards the newer title, but it's like they released this game and immediately turned their backs on it. 

Maybe it's the ecomony ... Cutback etc and etc.. Maybe something happened. Fallout lol I am hoping the next one is better but I am sure there will be problems too ..  What RLBL said is true... All the people with sh!tty internet dont help ...We need to look on the brighter side of things... Or maybe its a sign , who knows... The countdown begins.

wridtrvlr

I bring this up time and time again, if they set an min UP speed required to play this game we'd have a much better gaming experience all around.  It's a PtP system, yet they don't have a min. connection speed setup so anyone using even the crappiest DSL can connect and play with people that are running @ t1 speeds. 

Yes, they'd loose out on business, but not that much b/c I can assure you the kiddies would cry and the parents would upgrade their internet.

zombie-papa

it is actually steadily getting worse

Yeah, it's bad. I can't find any playable lobbies.

h1r0l3r

Same here. When I play solo I get good lobbies (aside from having to play terminal every other match) and I do quite well. Whenever I play with my clanmates, every third game I lose connection or get booted from that lobby. Really fricking irritating. I have constant 4 bar connection yet I always get booted for some reason?

As for matchmaking, I'm quite certain the devs have given up on this or just don't care anymore. Probably the latter. I live in Washington DC yet, recently, I get placed into Puerto Rican or French lobbies? WTF? Is that the best the matchmaking system can do for me? Are there no other MW3 players in my time zone that I can be matched up with? Seriously. And what compounds this issue is that whenever I leave the foreign lobby, I get put back into that same lobby again and again. My current streak is 6 games in a row. Can anybody beat that?

Bettis123

I am really unsure, what kind of connections i am lag compensating into.. It seems a mixture of good and bad players get this type of connection, but i notice many clans have a really skippy type of connection whenever i face them.

It could be the fact that my upload speed is maxed out near 1.8 MBPS, and my download is only around 20, so this would be a big deal when it came to my connection to the server vs theirs.

I believe that my upload speed, is what is handicapping my connection to this game. I come up against people all the time, i ask them what their upload speeds are, they are nearly twice as fast or higher.

zvers

That's why I really only play solo. For my sanity sake and my wallet because I have been REALLY close to snapping my PS3 controller in half on multiple occasions. This is the first CoD ever that has brought this sort of reaction out of me. Full blown rage. Solo helps get better games more often.

duderew

I play solo and I have terrible connectivity issues.  I'm at a connection disadvantage 8 out of 10 games I play since 1.19.

Last night I was in a room with 3 people from Chili...  I live in Los Angeles CA...  That's 5,500 miles (9000 km) away from me...  And this was supposedly a 50ms ping connection...

broken...  matchmaking...  system...

zvers

What game types do you play? The player amount in each game type really makes me decide what I'm going to play. If it's under 30k, be weary. I only play core Dom if it's a relatively normal time of day and TDM if it's late. Trust me, it works wonders and you avoid most of the garbage.

gambit1969

The gameplay had gotten so bad for me that i have'nt even put the game on for nearly a month, i was going to give a try today to see if it has improved but after reading this thread i dont think i will bother as it looks like it is still broken..

Foxhound-Pro

You don't need to spam the forum with the same thread repeatedly. If you want to communicate with developers you can post in the Update/TU discussion thread.

wridtrvlr

Thanks Foxy.  I posted there a couple of days ago and I'm not sure I got a response.  There were so many more posts after mine it got lost in the mix...

Foxhound-Pro

wridtrvlr wrote:

Thanks Foxy.  I posted there a couple of days ago and I'm not sure I got a response.  There were so many more posts after mine it got lost in the mix...

Try asking again. The thread moves quite fast and some posts do get overlooked because of that.

Oh Foxhound, lovely as ever I see.  Wrldtrvlr is one of the few courteous posters in these forums.  The people who spam the forums with the same threads are flamed almost immediately by other forum members.  Judging by the number of comments on this thread, I'd say it is more successful than your average thread and lead to plenty of additional pertinent dialogue.

Did some of the 'regulars' in these forums do something to upset you and/or the other mods?  I've noticed that in the last couple of months several of us are gone.  I myself received a temporary ban.

On topic: I agree whole-heartedly with OP.  I still play most nights, but each time I turn MW3 on, it is a waiting game to suffer through countless games of firing rubber bullets and being killed from an enemy I couldn't see until I watched the kill-cam just to see if I'll end up on the good side of the lag and matchmaking.

Foxhound-Pro

dannytanner17 wrote:

Oh Foxhound, lovely as ever I see.  Wrldtrvlr is one of the few courteous posters in these forums.  The people who spam the forums with the same threads are flamed almost immediately by other forum members.  Judging by the number of comments on this thread, I'd say it is more successful than your average thread and lead to plenty of additional pertinent dialogue.

Did some of the 'regulars' in these forums do something to upset you and/or the other mods?  I've noticed that in the last couple of months several of us are gone.  I myself received a temporary ban.

I understand that Wrid can be a great poster, but his recreation of threads was considered spam. Anyway you want to cut it, multiple threads for the same topic is defined as spam within our Code of Conduct. I never said he wasn't successful, simply that if he wanted to speak with developers he could go to a thread where they currently are. By the same token, if this thread is so successful, then why did he feel the need to repeat the thread repeatedly? It was a bad call rooted in an understandable situation. That's all and all it needed was a bit of a message to clear it over.

Regulars need to understand that they're members of the forums like everyone else and are subject to the rules of the forum. Some users break the rules and get warnings. Some break the rules and get banned. It's all about what the users do and how they go about doing it. So no, I'm not mad at anyone and neither are any of the other mods. We're simply going about our business and operating as best as we can. We're in a position where not everyone is going to agree with us. This is one of those situations.

Jackal235

The thread and its subject are very much on time and are addressing serious problem.

After 10 months and 19 patches the game is still as bad as it was on day one.

The lag topic slowly disapear from the forums, simply for a reason, that most players gave up hope, that game can ever be fixed.

To make this game playable I had to lower my connection from 30/5 Mbs/ 10ms ping to

2 / 0.5 Mbs, 60ms ping by changing dns servers, switching to wireless, disabling ports forwarding and setting my firewalls up. Ironically this connection puts me in 50 ms lobbies with 4 solid bars- LOL.

I would considers spamers those morons, who always attack people bringing up the lag/networking issues.