40 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 4:50 AM by Gh0sted76 RSS

10 months later, what do you think of the game?

Honestly, it's been 10 months already.

This game has huge hype, and it was led to by what we have now.

This game has potential, it really did.  After the numerous Patches for Weapon Balance, Lag, etc. Nothing has really changed.  The spawns are just as bad, the connections are just as bad, MW3 is basically a AAA Shooter at this point.

I'm a Die Hard CoD fan, and have MW3 a chance since it had a New IW dev Team, ontop of Sledge/Raven.

Hoenstly though, this game was such a let down.  Yes, I love speicliast.  I love being a lone gun and not being forced to run killstreaks.

I like the weapon Profs. So i can reduce the recoil on certain guns, or reduce the sway on others.  Also, the fact that they put a little bit more choice for the player.    

But thats really it.

Theres nothing else I can say that I ahve actually enjoyed in this game.

Quick Scoping is a Joke.

Lol Deathstreaks.

Knifing is still1 5 foot Lunges.

Rapid Fire has no place on any gun.

Elite was a total crapshoot.

The Challanges are luck based

Clan ops didn't work for 5 months.

They uses Game modes that were already on the Disc and Re-Packaged it as DLC.

As it is now, were still short 5$ in DLC for Elite to have paid off.

So, Basically what I'm asking is what brought you to play MW3, and if you're still playing why?

If you have quit, what drove you away.

For you elite users, what did/didn't you guys like about elite.

• Re: 10 months later, what do you think of the game?

Like many, I have played previous COD's and enjoyed them.  That is why I purchased MW3 and the Elite package.  I agree with your statement that this rendition has been disappointing.

The lag has been hit and miss since release, and I have no idea of my true ability in this game.  If I have a bad game is it due to the lag comp?  If I have a great game, is it due to the lag comp?

There was something fundamentally wrong when they added 10 prestiges so soon after the release.  How were people leveling up so fast?  I don't remember it being such an issue on prior games.

Akimbo weapons should be eliminated from the game.  Again, I know this is a game, but I have fired actual weapons "akimbo", and it is a very difficult task.  Not at all as it is portrayed in the movies.  Or this game.  The FMG9's are completly ridiculous.

Panic knifing should not be a strategy.  It should be a last resort, and players should be given a melee option instead that is not fatal, just disorienting to both the person meleed and the person initiating the melee.  It should be a way to buy time not get cheap kills.  Knives should only be drawn when you are out of ammo.  The old saying of bringing a knife to a gunfight comes to mind.

I was very disappointed when I found the titles were pretty much straight from MW2.  How a bout some original thoughts...Here's one, Turtle-3 kill streak while prone with a riotshield on your back.  Ta Dah! New title.  Not hard, I even came up with it for free.  ( I'll take a comp copy of the next game if they use it though, lol)

Elite didn't do much for me, I actually uninstalled the stat tracking to try to help lag comp.  Not happy with the DLC, it felt more slapped together than the game.

I'll probably get the next game, but I will wait for some player reviews first, and if there are indications of more of the same problems, I will pass.  I really felt betrayed by the professional reviews of this game, I don't think they were objective or accurate.

I still like it, love it even, BUT since i'm a at level 20 prestige for a while now it can just be a drag to play. I like the new multi player maps, but dont like that the new ones are only playable with elite players for such a long time! This makes it very monotonous with all game types because the same limited map rotation. When I want map variation I turn off DLC and play originals which has been happening more often for me also liking Barebones playlists NO KILLWHORESTREAKS with a chopper every 2-3 minutes, just gun-on-gun without Blindeye Pro where you can actually equip other Perks for change.

opb81

So much potential with so much failure.

Launch day for this game was performing better than now.

The game is still awesome, looking forward to black ops 2 though!!!

Awesome?

How is it awesome? I'd love to hear your reasons on why a Game that - favors camping, lets you lunge form 15 feet away, allows stackable killstreaks to endorse more camping, basically heavily realy on new players abusing weapon/perk comps because they can't actually make anything that would work - an Awesome Game?

WonkySausage

Whilst I barely play this game anymore, and actually rather hate it. I will say this.

I loved CoD4, and a lot of people still harp on about it's the best CoD game of all time. Well they're partly right, the only issue is the word "it's". What it should read is "Was the best game...." I played some CoD4 the other night, and just like WaW it's hacked to hell.

Not so much god mode like in WaW, just a LOT of people with aimbots or wall hacks, and well CoD 4 is ruined for those that just want a game, just like CoD5 - thank you american scumbags for creating these mods and ruining those 2 games.

So we're left with MW2 and Black Ops, I'm actually really torn between the 2. Both are brilliant in their own ways. Where I was going with that was this...

Whilst as a game to play, MW3 is pretty rank, what I will say though is that it does have a lot of things going for it, such as the killstreak system, prestige tokens, the vast amount of weapons and perks you can use to set up a class, and actually despite how horrible I am at CoD I think MW3's aiming assist system makes it the easiest to just pick up and play.

supervelous

I had no issue with MW3 for 9 months really, I got annoyed at the BS (deathstreaks, Stealth Bombers, Akimbo FMG's, lag, ridiculous knife lunges through bullets) like everyone else, but had fun and enjoyed the game and enjoyed getting better at the game....I went from hoping I'd get 1 MOAB before BLOPS 2 came out, to being at 100 MOABs and counting, geniunely being good at the game. 

I can FINALLY say, after 9.5 months playing, I am finally just plain BORED.  This game got me frustrated in the past, but I was never bored until now. 

I think it's playing a lot of the same game for over 9 months, plus all the leaked info and gameplay on BLOPS 2, plus none of my friends play anymore.  Also, started doing Youtube vids, and enjoying learning about editing and making vids, but making me less interested in the game itself.  I'd rather make videos lately TBH, the game has become the "work" part of the equation almost.

As time goes by I play it less and less, I find it rather tedious and boring now. Too many campers and quickscopers for my liking, it's taken all the fun right out of it. It's the last IW game i'll ever buy.

Still not to happy with some features... But it is to late to complain.

pj600r

The game had potential when it was first released but it's steadily got worse throughout the last 9 months.

The fact that I'd rather play and complete Borderlands 3 times says it all really, the desire to play has gone just like it did after about 8-9 months with BO.

Rating at this time 5/10.

Shame really, maybe if you spam a game for a while that's the effect it has on you.

The only reason I am playing it is because I have all my clan and friends on it, the game is not boring for me but certain things ruin the game for me i.e Campers, Lag compensation and boosters. I wish I enjoyed it more but I don't feel the same way when the game was first released.

formula57

i still dont know why i try to play this anymore.  one game ur a beast then the next games, ur bullets wont register.  I for one will set this game on fire in the very near future.  I sure hope black ops 2 isnt like this bullshit. 

I have played every call of duty made.  Every game played like a champ.  BLOPS 1 is fun and I never had any issues with it and still don't.

MW3 makes me RAGE.  Seriously I have never felt like this when I play a game until this piece of crap came out. 

I will set this game on fire in the very near future.

I feel ya, I got 2 MOABs in FFa today, within 5 games of eachother, then the game after, I went like 23/24, then the game after i started 14/0

Like, I don't get in hoenstly specially when it's within the same lobby.

And jsut to clarify. I hold a 2.3 Overall - 2.52 KD in FFA, me going 23/24 made me want to beat people...

I think that the game is still enjoyable because I have not discovered every part of the game. I think the reason people want to prestige or get all golden guns or get all achievments is because they want to keep playing or have a "goal" with playing the game. I have not stopped playing the game, but I have found it to be more boring than it was with playing CoD or Battlefield for the first time.

Garbage. I've got rid of it.

Sorry IW, but EA DICE and 343 Industries have you over a barrel.

I stopped playing after about 6 months mostly because none of my friends were on and becasue I got burned out on it trying to get a higher KD than all my friends who claimed to be CoD pros. Got the KD lol

Itsmebao

game was fun for the first few months, now i cant play the game without wanting to break it in helf. just waiting on halo 4 and BO2 so i can stop playing this crap.

WantedMan

I can't wait for Black ops 2 !!!! That's alI that needs to be said......

MW3 feels much more bland to me then mw2 did. I have 30 days spent on mw2, and would of had more if I had more time on my hands. Mw3, I'm about at 20 days and reached my limit. The problem to me is how its just simple, bland pointing and shooting. They nerfed/removed anything that doesn't shoot a bullet.

All the perks just give minor boost instead of allowing alternative playstyles like in mw2. You could rush ( (lightweight), tube (danger close), stealth ( cold-blooded), kill with streaks (hardline), general gunning (stopping power.) In mw3 its just general gunning and stealth. Less ways to play, less experimentation, less fun. I know some playstyles like tubing and knifing were hated, but all they needed was proper tweaking, not a complete nerf/removal to turn the game into pong.

filling in time waiting for bo2 really eased off on this game sometimes its just unplayable , i would buy it again even with the problems had plenty hours out of it.

I've been a fan of the series since the first installment, (Big Red One is still my favorite out of the group)

I'm thinking that I won't bother with the new few COD titles from both IW or Treyarc. I want to give them some time to REALLY change things up from the ground up again.

The only way I see that happening is by waiting till next gen consoles.

Doesn't bother me really they have plenty of other games & shooters out to keep people busy.

gomez615

The bottom line is that it was a solid release for Activision. It made the money they needed it to make. It kept the hardcore fan base playing the newest CoD. It brought in a ton of new players like every CoD does. And while a lot of people weren't happy with the dlc, they release a lot of content compared to previous MW games (3 map packs, 5 maps each). Yes, face-off sucked but at least they were trying something new.

Regarding Elite, the only reason I bought it was so I wouldn't have to purchase every dlc individually and I knew I would play them earlier than everyone. Elite is huge misstep but I don't regret the purchase at all only because I never had to buy the dlc. I deleted off my hard drive after a few months because I never used it. Activision probably thought having a console app was key but it's not, it's more important to have a Combat Record like BO that players can use in-game than having to run a separate app to look at their stats. It's more conveinent to have my laptop open with Elite while I'm playing than the other option.

rlbl

Fed up with IW crap

- deathstreaks (last stabd/DMH... really?)

- Getting shot from nowhere

- Quickscoping (not so much QS, but being able to draw the gun that fast bothers me)

- Stacking kill streaks

- Game ending Nukes and MOABs

some people like all that, but I think it is crap.  There is no way in my mind that someone should be rewarded for playing bad/not playing objectives etc...

When BO2 comes out, I am trading in my MW3 disc (if it has little value I am gonna snap it in half). If BO2 is bad, it is my last CoD. If it is good, I am going on a 2 year cycle.

Just my opinion.

gallp13

Apart from woeful connectivity I like it.

The game is still fun but there are just 2 problems with it: Ricochet and the extra 10 prestiges. I did get used to ricochet but still think it defeats the purpose of hardcore, they should have adopted the Black Ops 3 friendly kills and you're out. The extra 10 prestiges got me too burnt out. I love to throw in Black Ops and play knowing I have reached the highest point in the game. You feel like a "king" but MW3 has you chasing too many prestiges. I wouldn't mind topping out after a few months, then you could just worry about unlocking gold. BTW, everyone who complains about campers just doesn't have the skills to kill them. Just sayin, too many crybabies. Word.