4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2012 2:47 PM by KoRny1 RSS

Headshot annoyance

KoRny1

I really hate it when an enemy crouches behind an object to take cover, and the only thing exposed is the top of their head, yet they are still able to fire at you because from their perspective they are only behind cover from the waist down.

Another annoying thing about the same situation is when you take a few shots at the guy behind cover, manage to get a couple pops on him, and yet no head shot. If the only part exposed is the top of his skull, how would a hit not be a headshot???

I've also experienced trouble getting headshots 100% of the time when playing a private match and shooting a stationary player point blank in the head with a lined up shot. As well, I've also gotten many headshots on players when I myself will admit that I did not shoot them anywhere near the head.

Is it really that hard to program accurate headshots into the game?

/end rant

• Re: Headshot annoyance
    nicedrewishfela

Agreed that the head glitching mechanic needs to be evaluated and improved.

I think everyone would like to see improved hit detection in this title. I didn't feel that it was all that bad in Black Ops, I can only speak for my experience... but there were a few WTF moments where I hit people in the leg and got the headshot indicator.

KoRny1

It really doesn't happen that often, but all it takes is for it to happen one time when I'm a single kill away from an SR71 and that's enough to turn me into a drama queen.

Without question it still needs to be improved.

Set up a private match between you and a non-controled 2nd player. Use an assualt rifle and line up some point blank headshots. It'll only give you the headshot like 4/5 times. It either means the hit box for head shots is messed up, or it means that sometimes bullets come out of the gun at 90 degree angles.

T-boss

try sniping, you will notice some hitdetecion issues. like misses bieng hits and hits being misses.

KoRny1

That's not hit detection, that is because the accuracy on most sniper rifles is so horrid that the bullet doesn't always hit where your crosshairs were aimed when you fired.