29 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2012 5:00 PM by sovietcookie RSS

ERM MA HER DER HERG MA GER

Padiego

ER MA HER ERM

The people who pirate video games.......

Now, piracy is big. People do it every day, chances are you roam the pirate seas yourself.

But what I FIND EXTREMELY ANNOYING YET AT THE SAME TIME KIND OF HILARIOUS is when someone who spent NO MONEY ON THE GAME and PIRATED THE GAME USING WHATEVER METHOD COMPLAIN ABOUT SAID GAME.

pretty funny, eh?

Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth. Remember you're probably the reason we don't get proper support. Patches cost money, you know, not everything in life is free

• Re: ERM MA HER DER HERG MA GER

Padiego wrote:

. Patches cost money,

One thing I have to say here. The amount of money they made the interest alone can pay for all the patches, and some. Money is NOT the issue here. Its simply bad business that they do sweet FA. Now please, lets stop saying patches cost money.

How do patches not cost money?! Do the developers not have to pay their employees that develop said patch?

ooRajaRam wrote:

How do patches not cost money?! Do the developers not have to pay their employees that develop said patch?

Where did I say patches don't cost money? What I said was money isn't an issue here. They have the money. And $10k is a tiny amount of what they made, even for each patch. And to be very frank here, I wish I pirated the bleeding game because they don't deserve a cent and I wouldn't have to feel let down by these people. This game is responsible for a lot of our clan members leaving the wii to switch to other consoles. And I fvcking resent that.

Padiego

AHHHHH i'm gonna try this again.

THE TINY AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY COST....THEY STILL COST MONEY

BUT THESE PIRATES DIDNT PAY A CENT FOR THE GAME. THEY SHOULDNT COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING SUPPORT BECAUSE THEY DIDNT CONTRIBUTE TO THE GAME BY PAYING $$. SHOULDNT LOOK A STOLEN HORSE IN THE MOUTH, A STOLEN CAR IN THE HOOD OR A STOLEN CHILD I.....ermm.....

(._.)

I always get carried away.......usually because I refuse to leave.

Padiego wrote:

AHHHHH i'm gonna try this again.

THE TINY AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY COST....THEY STILL COST MONEY

BUT THESE PIRATES DIDNT PAY A CENT FOR THE GAME. THEY SHOULDNT COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING SUPPORT BECAUSE THEY DIDNT CONTRIBUTE TO THE GAME BY PAYING $$. SHOULDNT LOOK A STOLEN HORSE IN THE MOUTH, A STOLEN CAR IN THE HOOD OR A STOLEN CHILD I.....ermm.....

(._.)

I always get carried away.......usually because I refuse to leave.

Caps bro. Its my opinion to a point you made. Yes I went off track slightly. But its my opinion they took the money and ran. I agree with you that pirates shouldn't moan. But quit the caps.

Padiego

Most of the money they have goes towards creating content for the other consoles, since there's no need for them to patch the game because no new content will created for it.

Nintendont gave me an estimate, around $10k for each patch or so. That might be BS or it might actually be true. Who knows.

The point I was trying to get across is that patches cost money (unless the devs are slaves) and since the pirates didn't pay a single cent, they have no right to complain about the lack of patching, content, map packs, etc.

If I got I stole a cookie, and it taste (tastes?) like crap, do I have a right to complain? HELL NO. Why? Because I got it for free.....

codcanuck

Free stuff is usually crappy because of it being free. It's either that or you have to pay for it later.

like2nap03

$10K?  Hmmmm.  Average salary for a programming grunt (you know, they guy who would fix the code) is $65K a year.  Let's say it was $60 because I'm tired and I don't want to do fractions.  If he knew what he was doing, it should take an 8 hour shift or less to fix the code. That's $250 for a shift.  Let's double that cause this guy is good and say $500. Now we will double that just for the heck of it and to account for the fact that he might make more money.  That's $1000.

Your avearge game tester makes $600 a week.  Let's say he spends two weeks testing it.  That's $1200 plus the $1000 for dev time gives us $3200.  Then two more weeks for approval from Nintendo's testers.  That's another $1200 for at total of $4200.  Programmers are usually on salary so forget ovetime.   Double the testers for both groups (they will use more than one) and we're at $6800.  If they use more testers, or more devs, it could get close to $10K pretty quick.

So yeah,  I could see it costing that much or close to it at least.

like2nap03

Eh...take off some of that.  In my tired state I just realized I doubled the devs salary twice.  Let's say it took two devs two shifts.  Then add in a couple extra testers and we're still getting close to $10K but not quite there.  It's possible it costs that much though if these folks make above average salaries. 

Lol...

Don't you mean the people who share video games?

HEREIAMNOW

I cannot live life being any kind of pirate.  But things are quite expensive.  Seriously 60 dollars for a plastic disc? 40 dollars for a controller?  Makes me want to consider getting free stuff.

But I guess in the long run, if you pay for these things they stay in production.  And the 60 dollar game for 20+ days of play beat out 4 movie tickets.

I do not condone pirating on any level. 

barA-ehT

It's funny because here in Latin America, if you buy original then you are a moron

Anyway I believe Mario & Edson buy pirate games, we should meet in Hanoi and punish them!!!

Padiego

Mario buys legit. I remember asking him why not pirate all of his games, just like the rest of south america. Then he gave me a long moral story about how he's a legit penguin and he will remain a legit penguin.

I don't know about edson though......

PikaBoo

I buy legit can i complain now?

Not only did I buy it legit but I did so while getting hassled at the midnight launch because I play the Wii. The icing on the cake though was when my Wii quit playing discs. I did "some things that would get my post removed if I mentioned them by name" to my Wii and then "obtained" a copy through the use of "a totally free and legal site known for distributing personal files to friends". I felt bad enough about doing that though that I actually went and bought a second copy of the game to cover for what I had "obtained".

Padiego

That's not illegal or wrong...in a way.

You have a physical wii and a physical copy of the game. You bought the rights to play the game on your physical wii. HOWEVER, you are using "program" to run said game on your wii, and that's what makes it wrong because it violates contract with nintendo.......HOWEVER, let's say you had a "certain program that allows you to play wii games on your computer", then I GUESS it would be KIND OF LEGAL to do so and NOT SO WRONG AT ALL because you have a physical wii and the rights to play the game, you're not violating contract because your physical wii is untouched.

Erm. I don't know where I'm going with this.

I can't really preach about the wrongs of piracy because that would make me a hypocrite.

Inb4anybody calls me out on it, I'm not bashing on people for pirating games.....im bashing on people for complaining about a game they didn't pay a cent for.

I'm not going to admit to piracy but the great god of all cookies knows the truth.

Actually, my Wii is softmodded not hardmodded (i.e. Mod chips) therefore I haven't physically modified it in any way. Before it sounds like I'm nitpicking just for argument's sake I would like to point out that the Wii's operating system is a modified version the GNU/Linux kernel with it's own visuals on top of it. Linux, for those of you that don't know (statistically speaking that's 93.4% of you) is a FREE and OPEN SOURCE Operating System. This means you may modify and re-distribute the original source code with absolutely NO copyright infringement. Therefore, I'm not outside my TOS with Nintendo either. You should read up on Free Open Source Software (FOSS) and then re-read your Nintendo TOS.

Ai-Silentshot

Well in that case, in every wii there is a piece of apple in it

Padiego

I doubt it. He said it was open source. Knowing apple, who charges $100000000000000000000000000000 to be able to develop apps and $1000000000000000000 to publish it and $1000000000000000 to collect the money you made from said app, i doubt it

Rap battle was awesome.......BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

Microsoft made a tablet computer well before apple but everyone ignored it because it was a STUPID IDEA. Well, when apple made the Ipad, everyone jizzed their pants. Proof that people will buy anything with Apple logo in it.

HEY GUIZ I JUST MADE THE iBED. IT LIEKS PLAYS MUSIC FROM THE MATRESS AND IT COSTS MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER MAKE IN YOUR LIFE TIME. OH AND THERES GONNA BE THOUSANDS OF NEW MODELS COMING SOON.......THE iBed2, WHICH IS PINK OH MA GURD

Apple is DEFINITELY NOT part of FOSS nor does it have ANYTHING to do with the Wii. lol

Padiego

Thanks for clearing that up.

If there actually was some of apple inside the wii, I would kick the wii into the lake so it can sleep with the fishies.

Here's a nice joke....

Bob is throwing a party. He decides that, to break the ice at his party, he'll asks the guests what their I.Q. is--Hopefully this will strike up an appropriate conversation from there. The day of Bob's party rolls around, and when the first guest knocks on the door, Bob asks the person her I.Q. is. "275" replies the first guest. "Well that's great," says Bob,"Let's talk about ethereal astrophysics". Bob and this first guest talk about the aforementioned subject for a while. Later in the party, someone else is at the door. "hi my name is Bob, welcome to the party. What is your I.Q.?". The new guest says "145". "Great!" says Bob, "let's talk about advanced math". So bob and this guest talk for a while about calculus and statistics. Much later in the party, after many more guests have arrived and been spoken by Bob, yet another guest arrives at the door. "hi, my name's Bob; welcome to my party, what is your I.Q.?". This time, the guest replies after putting some thought into it, "75". "Well, that's great..", says Bob, "what kind of iphone do you use?"