18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2012 1:13 PM by sennalike RSS

Killwhores - Thread Was Needed!

Shadow_Alq

MW3 Foruns have discussions and topics for Campers since ever, and a new one is created almost every day! I always thought that there is too many hate directed to the Campers (I dont like boring campers too!) but I always thought that there were few discussions about Killwhores.

As I see it, Killwhores are one step higher than simple Campers, and they are even worse. They destroy objective games, and they induce less skilled players to try to copy them in their way: so, in between  Campers and Killwhores the objective modes are worst than ever, specially since Terminal release, and had just become a joke!.

I see more guys concerned about this, which is good!. To me, personally, is outrageous that sometimes I need to go 20-30 on KC to Win a match against this people, and after the game all that they have got to say is "oh I got 50 Kills", or "oh but I got a MOAB". Seriously? And you didn't even Win? You didnt even try!?

I wanted to hear the good objective players that I know that exist here!

• Re: Killwhores - Thread Was Needed!
    monkeylord

Yeah in KC they do seem to chase the wrong thing. The one and only thing I chase is the most tags collected emblem. But the people who play just to reap kills are pretty much the easiest player to suss out.

They stick to certain pockets of the map run a pretty standard set-up and are pretty junk at the up close stuff flashbang, recon and P90with extended mag and they always go down within a death or two.

Best thing is most of the time you sweep up your own tag so good for the personal point bank.

You ***** about killwhores, but my question to you is this. Given the fact you whine about them in KC, when does the team with less kills ever win in that game type. I've got 130k+ kills in KC with 50k confirms, yet typically when I get called out as being a killwhore it's on the heels of a 40+ kill game where the enemy gets thoroughly demolished.

Killwhores don't ruin objective game modes, it's shitty players that do. If a guy goes 15-15 and doesn't touch tags and you lose,, it's not because he's killewhoring, it's because he sucks.

If you're so concerned about the tags pick them up yourself. Instead of crying about how others play the game, shut up adapt and play how you want

monkeylord

DBL28 wrote:

I've got 130k+ kills in KC with 50k confirms, yet typically when I get called out as being a killwhore it's on the heels of a 40+ kill game where the enemy gets thoroughly demolished.

Not entirely sure what these figures are meant to convey to us as a none kill whore I have 147k+ kills and 112k+ confirms.

I think the most important measure of how well you do is all in the wins I think your win % as a "kill whore" yours is 48% mine as an objective rusher is 54%.

You as a "kill whore" need others to do the heavy lifting whilst objective rushers can hold their own and do well all round on a far more consistant basis.

As you've said before you need the right convergance of factors to do well. While objective rushers can create the perfect set of factors themselves.

monkeylord

There's an easy way to put an end to this debate that spins on and and on just flick through your last 100 games. I'd say that for a style to be shown to put you in a better postion to win should be a style that brings in consistant stats that waver very little.

So here we go by objective rushing in the past 100 games i've won 75 and lost 25. I think a 75% W/L ratio is pretty respectable  for someone who mostly runs solo or split screens with the wife.

My KD has been mostly +1.3 with over 25 kills most rounds, 28 tags collected (I'm 67th in the world for most tags collected), a spm of about 400 and pretty much every round finish top of the board or 2nd.

So thats the reality of what tag rushing is. Just wondering what kind of stats does "kill whoring" bring in.

monkeylord

DBL28 wrote:

You ***** about killwhores, but my question to you is this. Given the fact you whine about them in KC, when does the team with less kills ever win in that game type. I've got 130k+ kills in KC with 50k confirms, yet typically when I get called out as being a killwhore it's on the heels of a 40+ kill game where the enemy gets thoroughly demolished.

This sounds like a worthy call to arms and standard from the kill whore "I got 50000 kills how did we lose must be the tag whore"

But to crash reality down upon you you're a dedicated kill whore you run with a clan in the last 85 games you played you won 40 and lost 45. You lose over half your games.

Myself a dedicated tag whore has won 75 and only lost 25. The math shows tag whore win way more than killwhores you can't win without us but we don't need you.

Im really not seeing the problem. people would call me a kill wh0re, but if you watch my game plays, you would see that im a defensive player. people forget the objective is not for everyone to go after a flag, there has to be a offense and defense.

KC if the kill w0re is sitting there getting kills, that just means there are a bunch of tags laying around, and i kow that the leader board is judged on how many of those you have, so run up and get them... whats the problem?.. if anything the kill wh0re is doing the hard part for you

monkeylord

ERROR_6_ wrote:

KC if the kill w0re is sitting there getting kills, that just means there are a bunch of tags laying around, and i kow that the leader board is judged on how many of those you have, so run up and get them... whats the problem?.. if anything the kill wh0re is doing the hard part for you

It depends on their kill rate if they rekill the same dude before the tag is claimed then the tag they created still stands at only 1 even though they've killed twice.

Given that they choose the easy lanes that have distance coverage they are most likely just rekilling the same 2-3 people with no new real tags beyond 3 hitting the ground.

One of my tactics if i'm facing a decent kill whore is requip with P90 extended mags flashbangs semtex RPG and the best perk in the game bar none Recon pro.

Within 4 deaths (maybe twice I get my own tag) you not only dig out the kill whore you flip the spawns.

Kill whores very rarely mean anything more than just extra milliage to keep the back door closed which is where the real action is taking place which is why the kill whore picks off the guys who are not so much thinking revenge kill more like "crap there's 4 gold and 2 red back there"

Good tag whores will always beat good kill whores.

well I dont play KC but when I do, i understand it to be more moving around. I play CTF as a defensive player 90 percent of the time ( mainly because if I rush no body defends)

but yeah pick the tags up...nowwwww ;p

monkeylord

Although I should amend a team with 2 good kill whores at certain points in the map,4 decent tag whores, a couple of porti-radars, flash bangs everyone running recon and support streak is easily the best way to secure a win always crush you never know when the enemy will get the "Hero spawn" they've died quickly and are suddenly placed behind three people facing away from them or six tags and about 2 team mates that have just been put down by the kill whore spawn in just behind them.

In KC constant agggression will normally pull out a win.

wridtrvlr

Yes they are bad, but they are easy to beat b/c they only care about their k/d.  Get the better hand and you can guarantee they'll back out.

Of course, it is easier when you have a team to weed out killwhores in objective based game modes, but you can piss them off yourself by using launchers and rockets!! 

Me and my team really only go for kills when we have a good lead.  We play HCKC exclusively (most times) and when we have at least 55 tags, we slow down on tags, let the other team think they are catching up, rack up some good kills and killstreaks, and then finish them off.

This does 2 things: extends the game and (some of the time) prevents the other team from backing out after the game is over.  When we have 55 tags and the enemy has 20, we let them catch up quite a bit before finally ending the game.  Wouldn't you feel good as the opposing team, thinking you "almost" won??  hahahahaha

This can also be done in DZ.  If you have a full party, get your score to say 5000 or 6000, then let the enemy start keeping the drop zone and start racking in the kills!!

Thing is about my style of "killwhoring" is I always put the objective first. 

i like it when people has a 30 or 40 tag lead in kc stop get tags and just get kills think they won game and lose i won a few matches make a come back for win when they do that

wridtrvlr

That's where you have to be careful.  If we know the other team is doing an OK job keeping up on tags, we'll forgo the killing to end the match with a win.  The key is to try and know your opponent.  It's hard to do, and can bite you in the butt, but iff you are proactive, it should never happen.

i agree that happen to me alot cause of my teammates dont know what a tag is the run right pass it

Shadow_Alq

I see here Raven and Wridt, guys i usually see here on Foruns and I can respect their opinions even if I dont agree with them sometimes!. But the guy upthere:

- First off, Im not ranting or crying: im 20.000 on KC, I have 18.000 Confirms/9.000 Denies. I could give a Domination exemple, but I went for a KC exemple. On most of KC matches my KD is 1 (16-16, 20-20, 22-22) and I win 90% of KC matches. So im not crying for losing, or for the KD, or anything!  When you say you get 40 Kiills on KC the only way you can do it is not picking Tags: cause if everybody pick Tags no one will reach 40 Kills!!.. That even means that the Tags that counted for you and for your team where picked up by the randoms (about who you dont care and that eventually Win your games!).

You also say that a guy going 16-16 and not picking Tags is useless: well, from what I see everyday those guys are the Winners. Cause it's not the 16-16 guys who dont pick the Tags: its you sir!

And yes, Killwhores destroy Objective Modes and Ill explain it as I explained to the Killwhores I kicked from my Clan (and attention, im talking about Killwhores, not about people that can kill and win matches): Killwhores make games last too much because they dont accomplish (or help accomplishing) the objectives. They never use Stinger or support to their Team (they dont have Team), and they usually run beside a team-mate (yes, they have no problem in using their own teammates as Shields for themselves). Then they do 2 or 3 Streaks, their team is on a nightmare to pick Tags, their Team Wins and they say: "See? My Kills gave us the Win". Or....when they are on the other side and Lose hard they say. "Wtf? How did I lose?"

You were on a Reaper or on your AC-130 when the objective is on the ground and needs to be picked up lol. You can get Kills, but guess what? That doesnt make you smart!! And no, not everyone is jealous lol or say this that Im saying because they are noobs or have a 0.5 KD lol

monkeylord

Nah i'm for blanket suppression my only job is make sure the tag to death ratio is just right also when the time is right to risk the death spawn hit four quick deaths and you'll spawn close to either a bunch of enemy or a bunch of tags.

Once there you'll either blast through or crash and burn at the cost of maybe 1 tag.

Instead of the MOAB I chase the round where pushing as hard as I can I get 40+ kills and confirm them all.

Shadow_Alq

And there are full armies of guys like these that say: "I got some kills, now its time for my team mates to run for the Tags cause I've done the hardest part here" »»» LOL

First: picking Tags its the hardest thing on KC, not the killing. Just by saying that you are Confirming how you play this Objective mode!

Second: If that was the right way of playing then why matches with Killwhores dont end at reaching 90 but end because time ends lol??

Third: your team mates saw you calmly getting up some kills without going for the Tags: they will copy you, and they will do the same. At the end of matches, when you say like so many "Ah, my Bums partners didnt pick up the Tags" » Guess what!!? » They were playing like you... Chain Reaction.

GALACT1C0s117

thats why I play TDM, if get bore a play 1-2 games of KC, Domination is killwhore city lol

sennalike

I've only played a handful of KC matches and have 516 kills, 572 confirms, 263 denies.  It's not hard to kill someone and pick up the tag, if you cant do it then dont boast about your KDR, it's not real.