forum trolls thou

looks like its been removed,

no messgage, no notification.

Is this an error or is this this forum no

longer ment for gamers wishing to

discuss certain aspects of the game?

• Re: Yet another discussion removed?
    obzi

To be fair there has been a lot of work by one mod over the last two weeks whose done a cracking job removing spam and a couple of posts (not yours) that were quite abusive, I can't remember the mods name unfortunately but he was on them within minutes.

If a post is decent but the comments are out of order they should just delete the comments.

Unfortunately there are a few ball bags round here that report for the smallest of things. I seen your thread and didn't consider it as something that needed removed. It's like being back at school here sometimes.

Datura

Because it's a common thread subject and it inevitably devolves into a shouting match. People invest a lot of time mastering their own particular cheap playstyle (killwhoring over objective, spawn killing, cheap party teamplay Vs randoms etc) and manage to convince themselves they are amazing at the game. So when they see the internets looks down on their particular playstyle they'll fight like rabid dogs to prove otherwise, and on and on it goes. It pretty pointless tbh.

Foxhound-Pro

The problem with your thread, as outlined by your peers, is that you created a general thread that has been discussed before, but also added to it a video that did not necessarily relate to the topic itself. So it presents the issue of was it a discussion or was it simply a way to push a video?

Because of the questionable nature of the thread it was removed. We also don't have to issue notification that it or anything was removed.

elite_force1uk

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

The problem with your thread, as outlined by your peers, is that you created a general thread that has been discussed before, but also added to it a video that did not necessarily relate to the topic itself. So it presents the issue of was it a discussion or was it simply a way to push a video?

Because of the questionable nature of the thread it was removed. We also don't have to issue notification that it or anything was removed.

Crazy thing is,I still didnt get any feed back on how

the community felt about that particular subject..

There was nothing questionable about the nature of the thread,

The video attached was simply showing what i was on about

as i knew people would think i was on about spawn trapping.

Even with the video attached people still thought i was on about

spawn trapping lol

Thank God for Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/mw3/comments/ze4js/cod_etiquette_spawn_killing_at_start_ good_or_bad/

35 sensible replys, no trolls

No psychological evaluation's about my intentions

No busy bodys panicking or getting paranoid

about a video link (didnt insert link until somone asked)

(not on about foxhound, but the other members comments)

In my opinion this is how the comunity should be!

and how a comunity should be run.

Foxhound-Pro

Had your thread evolved like it did on Reddit, then perhaps it would have sat well here too. Instead you created a thread with a point and a video that didn't really connect to your discussion piece. Even on reddit people are stating that your video isn't linking to your intended question. They're simply going about it in a less blunt way.

You tossing a knife at the start of the match, but not toward their spawn is not a kill within their spawn. Therefore it is not a spawn kill.

This seems to be the disconnect and it seems like you can't or simply will not admit to that. The reddit and forum communities are entirely different. Reddit thankfully doesn't suffer the waves of YouTube spam that we receive here, so they're more open to YouTube content and or examples that are a bit off. Blaming our community for your poor execution on a thread is not our problem. Some users did react in a less than stellar way, and we've already contacted some on this.

As always, if you don't like our community then you don't have to participate. Reddit is great and their admins are too. Our communities though are quite different.

Have a good day.