13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 6:13 PM by screamin_4orks RSS

The "CAMP" clan tag

rlbl

A couple of weeks ago, a discussion on the forum broke out about the funny going-ons about having the CAMP clan tag.  A few of us decided to use just to see what reactions we would get.

I find most of the time people leave the lobby when they find I am going to be on their team : "I don't wanna play with a damn camper!"

No matter how I am playing, after the game I am called a camper, even if I ran the entire match!

The funniest though, was yesterday. Wridtrvlr and I had the CAMP clan tag on before a HC KC match on Terminal (of course, I mean is there any other map these days?). The people on the other team were saying things like: "Look, we are going to play against campers!", and "I hate camping matches". We laughed because we don't camp. We totally took them by surprise, and after every kill you could here them screaming in their mics.

Butt then a funny thing happened...

The entire enemy team sat in a couple of areas and camped their heads-off!! until the end of the match!

Talk about hypocrisy!

It just goes to show you that sometimes, the pot really does call the kettle black: a portion of the time when someone calls you a camper, the accuser should look in the mirror.

(yeah, I said Butt)

• Re: The "CAMP" clan tag
    wridtrvlr

Ha!!  This is so true RL, what pansies they were.  I love running the CAMP clan tag now.  It gets soo many reactions, people expect me to camp, and BAM I'm in there face for the first blood!!  Genius!!!

I can't believe that team though, they totally called us out, crying b/c they knew we were going to camp and they turn around and didn't even move from their spawn when the game started.  I flanked all the way around the backside of the escalators to find a guy laying prone in his spawn, waiting for us to run down the escalator...

On a side note:  Anyone else notice the new phenomenon of starting a match and the enemy team just camps their own spawn??  Never leaving until they are finally forced out after a couple minutes??  What's up with this?

banned-again

ive noticed it alot ive just played a game of domination where 3 of the people on my team threw down portable radars and refused to leave the spawn point needless to say we got hammered by at least a 100 points.

out of the 6 of us 3 camped our spawn point another one just went after the kills then left half way through because he was **** which left me another kid trying to cap flags with no luck what so ever

WolfRidge

I totally agree with the hypocrisy aspect, I have a theory:

"Camper" has just become the generic putdown in any lobby, I can remember it from the cod4 days. 

I don't mind how people play, but a true camper is the guy who constantly goes back to the same spot over and over no matter how many times they get killed.

True campers cannot play any other way, but that is their right to do so.

Calling me a camper when i get a kill after reloading is just foolish

Our clan motto is "Tents for everyone"  (we aren't campers)

ghamorra

I still prefer my DTF? clan tag

Someone should run the clan tag MODZ and see what is said

A couple of weeks ago, a discussion on the forum broke out about the funny going-ons about having the CAMP clan tag

Yea I posted that from my older account

The reactions are hilarious, other players tend to simply believe and fear that the opposing team will only play defensively throughout the entire game. Its as if people see the word and run for their lives. It really is funny.

Butt then a funny thing happened...

The entire enemy team sat in a couple of areas and camped their heads-off!! until the end of the match!

Talk about hypocrisy!

Yes, this is why everyone who comes here and whines about "camping" or playing defensively they themselves do the same (most of the time). They get upset that they died and weren't able to kill you.

Let me say this, its understandable this is a video game but a players negative reaction towards losing is a measure of their own maturity. Children have not learned to control themselves, regardless of age.

Good post rlbl,

BanHaMMer

ha I remember that discussion, before my MW3 hiatus some of my clan mates and I  took up rlbl's idea, we got the same bizzare reactions. It really does get some hot blooded kids going seeing the CAMP tag in the pre game lobby...LMAO

monkeylord

People put way to much stock in a clan tag but then again I do love running with krap the amount of junk you hear pre-game is delightful