35 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2012 10:07 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Is this game a joke or what?

Seriously, whats going on with this game? was this developed on a shoe string budget ie, pay peanuts and you get monkeys or are they just that inept they should'nt be creating games?

Some of the thing are a complete joke, i has annoyed me that much i even registered on this stupid forum to have a moan which in itsself is a laugh. ffs why cant you have 1234 in your password or it has to be over 8 letters with numbers, its a forum ffs not my f-ing bank account..... anyway onward and upwards with my gripes about this crappy game that someone pulled my pant down and bent me over for.

the issues with MW3 which im sure every single reader of this post will agree with!

1, Spawning. does anyone from the developer team play the game? im sure they have noticed the issues with this?

respawning in someones gun sights.

respawning under a preditor missile

respawning infront of someone on the other team

respawning behind someone who is stood in a corner

having someone respawn behind you in a corner

respwaning on the other side of the map one you own when the rest of your team is on the other side, then next time you respan you are with your team mates again

there is no constancy with this, and sometimes its a beggers beleif, who ever wrote the respawn code needs shooting or better still get them to fix the f-ing thing then shoot them.

2, out of all your MW game you have never put an option of playing local only. WTF do i want to play someone from the USA or Canada for? can you seriously tell me that that there is no lag when placing player from accros the globe together? an for us in the UK its even worse we get placed with the rest of europe aswell, yet another stuipd idea from the MW creators, are they that thick that they think cause we are in europe we all speak the same language? i mean why do want to play someone from france or germany when i slag them off they cant even understand me or me them?

out of the 76 million people in the UK cant you match me with some english palyers or am i the only person in the UK playing MW3

after writing all that i dont now why i even bothered, at 35 ive get better things to be doing rather than complaining to a bunch of monkeys and a game it wont change anything apart from me download the next MW game instead. its a shame tho because MW1 & 2 were amazing

• Re: Is this game a joke or what?
    cira

There's only 2 months left till blops 2 so I wouldn't stress too much.

Rednecksniper39

Stop playing and stop complaining and it will help you in the long run.

Yeah not really too many people here laughing, we're just on cruise control with things now. It's either a like it or hate it thing with this one.

Okay normally I don't argue with giant whiners like you but I have to laugh at some of these points:

respawning in someones gun sights.

respawning under a preditor missile

respawning infront of someone on the other team

respawning behind someone who is stood in a corner

having someone respawn behind you in a corner

respwaning on the other side of the map one you own when the rest of your team is on the other side, then next time you respan you are with your team mates again

Respawning under a pred? Nice try kid. It's called spawn explosion resistance. Even if a pred appears just as you spawn, you'll resist the explosion by the time it hits you. Same goes for reaper, AC-130, etc.

Behind someone in a corner? What? What's wrong with spawning in corners?

Your last point is obviously just a rare case that you yourself experienced...as far as where you spawn it depends on mode more than anything...and it really doesn't matter where you spawn...even if you're behind the enemy, great, you should be able to get a lot of kills, if not, oh well, you'll be with your team and can advance with them to confront the enemy. What people fail to realise is that you both spawn into the game and other people spawn into the game. As weird as spawns can be they're weird for everyone. It's hard to know when you've shot someone just as they've spawned, but you sure as heck know when someone shoots you right out of the spawn. It's all about perspective.

Maaan what is it with the "top participants"? Why do you guys constantly bash everyone you don't agree with? Are you "better" or "smarter" than they are? I personally have been killed by a pred directly on my spawn, had an enemy spawn in a corner directly behind me, and I'm not a kid. 300% health off spawn or whatever it is, just like everything else in this game isn't very consistent to say the least. "Perspective" on spawning? Sounds like "spin" to me. The spawns are terrible and frustratingly laughable, period. So, label this guy a liar or bash on him because you think you're always right. That's the feeling I get from reading your reply. Do you feel better btw? Much of what is complained about on this forum DOES happen. If you disagree, you are blind, lucky, or you work for infinity ward. Haha giant whiner! Nice goin man, reeeeal classy.

I bash whiners because they rarely have any idea about what they're talking about.

I have played this game since it's come out, logging days of game time, and have never been killed by a pred just when I spawned. Post a video, or I won't believe you. It's as simple as that.

Also, no need to be a giant ****

Wow ok video, so I'm lying. And how do you know these alleged giant whiners have no idea of what they are talking about? Do you know them? Do you know everything? Do you play MW3 with them? Are you ever wrong? Never had that stuff happen to you eh? Like I said, you must be lucky, because it does happen. It's as simple as that. I've played this game since it came out too, and logged in days of game time as well....guess what? Sooooo whatever man, you just proved my point about the "top participants" efforts to always be right. Thanks!

the points you raised here are not true.  I have spawned just a pred is coming down and been killed by it.

I have spawned in the line of sight of another player who is shooting somebody else and I got shot bcos I spawned right down their line of sight.

this stuff does happen

AndyVegas

1. The spawning system is not as bad as u descriped it. It's not perfect, but it is really not a big deal. Maybe u try not to get killed so often?

2. Are u a racist? I mean, whats wrong with playing with players from other countries?

U dont have to slag them off, because of they are better than u.

Finally... Play it or leave it. No one forces u to play it.

UntouchableWolf

All I have to say is...

WHY SOOOO SERIOUSSSSSS!

The OP is not being racist, but when you're in the UK and you get put in a german or other european lobby, the lag is just horrendous.

I dont understand why match making does this. I live in london the capital of the UK, there are 7 million ppl in this city and the game cant put me in a lobby with another person from london???!!!!!

SitRepPro

jessedart wrote:

The OP is not being racist, but when you're in the UK and you get put in a german or other european lobby, the lag is just horrendous.

I dont understand why match making does this. I live in london the capital of the UK, there are 7 million ppl in this city and the game cant put me in a lobby with another person from london???!!!!!

Oh I hear you alright.  I don't think I've ever been matched against British people from the South East and I'm near Ascot/Reading.  I don't even get matched against Londoners.  I'm matched against people from the Midlands, usually the Black Country.  I don't know if there are games that matchmake people on strict criteria regarding country and distance, but Black Ops did do a locale only.  Unfortunately, as fewer people play the game I end up being matched against gamers who I otherwise wouldn't a year ago or so.

SitRepPro

AndyVegas wrote:

1. The spawning system is not as bad as u descriped it. It's not perfect, but it is really not a big deal. Maybe u try not to get killed so often?

2. Are u a racist? I mean, whats wrong with playing with players from other countries?

U dont have to slag them off, because of they are better than u.

Finally... Play it or leave it. No one forces u to play it.

LOL.  Racist?  No s/he isn't.

The shorter the distance between each gamer, the less laggy it is (usually).

Want to play COD4 in a lobby full of Mexicans?  Or why is it that so often Mexicans top the lobby when I join a match just finished, they are superior gamers to Americans?

I agree wrt buying it though.  If people only bought games that provided a smooth online experience, then developers will force decent matchmaking otherwise their products won't sell.

leathafacexii

Relax (that was pretty dramatic).

Not sure if you just started playing the game or not (seems like you did), BUT everything will be fine.

Hard notion to accept, but the issues you bring up have been present for a copious amount of time. Nothing you can do about it.

Whoooo-Saaaa, deep breathes

CMenKnightmare

The spawning is bad- for how many games in the series, I should never see a guy spawn in my kill cam to see my back 30 ft from him for an easy kill.  HOWEVER- Anyone who bought this game the day it came out knows the spawning used to be bona fide GARBAGE.  Spawning now is 100 times better...still bad, but a vast improvement.

Personally, I cant wait for blops 2 because Treyarch makes deeper, more well thought out, better games.  They are also way more willing to change things beyond weapons & perks, such as buying weapons or new way of putting classes together or having kills gained from killstreaks not go towards said killstreak (means you cant get a chopper and camp hoping youl get to an ac130 or something).

Big_FN_Target

OP, you are 100% correct on all of your points, as I have experienced them all first hand.

I live in Canada and 9/10 games that I play are either with Mexicans, Hawaiians, Australians, or from some other country that isn't even close to North America.

As anyone with half a brain can deduce, the amount of lag (the time it takes packets to travel) is increased the further that information has to travel. Thus my gaming experience is greatly reduced because of the crap quality of most of the games I play.

The game itself is fun, and when I get into a good lobby I have a lot of fun playing (even if I don't win or go positive with my k/d). But when the number of good games I have compared to the number of bad games I have is ridiculously low, I begin to question why I play.

And is it just me, or is the game getting worse and worse after each patch they come out with? Over a month ago I would generally have games with a 3.0 kd or higher at least 2 out of every 3... now it's like 1 out of every 10+...

rodsirloin

Look at the fine print...

1) IW gets greedy.

2) B-Team gets put on with 1 year to dev MW3.

3) Lack of seasoning and testing produces small maps.

I called it from the beginning...SMALL MAPS MAKE FOR POOR SPAWNS.

Small Maps + IW B-Team + half the time for development makes for a pisspoor game.

Blame West and Zamp for snoozing with EA. Thats how it all started. EA are scum-bags. They make crap. Original IW wanted more bucks and got out-played by Activision...got fired and the rest is history.

Rednecksniper39

rodsirloin wrote:

Blame West and Zamp for snoozing with EA. Thats how it all started. EA are scum-bags. They make crap. Original IW wanted more bucks and got out-played by Activision...got fired and the rest is history.

Not quite what happened.

undzis

how do you figure they only had 1 yr to dev for mw3? they had at least 2 years.  After mw2 release they knew 3arc was making the next cod and they would be making the one after that.  So they had at least 2 full yrs to dev mw3.  If they waited till after BO was release to even start on the game then that's their own fault.  I don't care about what ever excuse they give us.  They knew that had to make another cod the year after 3arc released thier's.

Do you think 3arc just started working on BO2 this year?  or they stared to get ideas and map out a plan for their next installment of CoD right after they release BO? they may have came up with ideas for BO2 before Bo was released but it was just to late to add them to BO.

starbuckfrack

Its been a long while since we had some "35 year old" child make 10 different forum names and post the same crybaby speech worded differently for what seemed like the past month..

Any other adult would have took the game back to Gamestop.

Or at least realised that making a post here really isnt going to matter 10 months into the game.

Or at least learned to adapt to the game.

Or at least came up with a better forum name.

O at least not spent the time making a forum name and done something better with their life, like take a deep breath and get over it.

Or at least would have learned to read the forums before forking money over for a ten month old game.

Or at least realised it is just a video game. And a peice of software will never ever be perfect.

trialstardragon

There goes common sense Starbuck trying to bring order to the universe again. Once more forgetting the universe is full of chaos and nonsense because everyone has entitlement disease where they think the game has to be as they see and think even though they did not about how it was created in the first place.

Its just a very average game is all.With lots of issues that differ from game to game from person to person with no consistancy what so ever. Its bad enough for me not to be laughing about it but good enough for me not to be using it as a coffee coaster, well not till Nov 13th anyways