32 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 12:27 PM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

True Favoritism On Display Folks!!!!

wridtrvlr

Wow, just wow is all I can say.  The failBOX favoritism by this company is just out of this world.  It just goes to show that MONEY really does make the world go round and if you have enough of it, you can easily make sure that other companies get the short end of the stick. 

I've been monitoring the discussion: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion on one level up from this.  Here's the link if you are interested http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200442022?start=0&tstart=0 

A lot of the DEVS are on this thread, so if you have some serious questions you can get some pretty quick answers there. 

Well, yesterday a DEV got on and released FREE XBL ELITE codes...  So naturally I responded to see if any PS3 ELITE codes were going to be released and got a response that some other dev MAY have some left, but then none were released. 

Here: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200442022?start=4080&tstart=0 is the start of the discussion where you can see the DEV release the free codes. 

I don't believe you get free maps with these codes, just the ELITE status, which is what I want.  I wouldn't play the new maps anyway, they always lag like a *****, I bought the first 2 DLC's and have regretted every minute of it. 

I just wanted to put it on display here.  Activision is openly showing huge favoritism towards failBOX and unfortunately unless SONY coughs up a huge check, this is the sad reality all of us PS users are facing. 

I marked this as a question because I am curios if anyone else has come across anything so blatant as this.  If you keep up on the discussion I mentioned above, you can see the favoritism on display almost every day.  I have asked the devs to PM a PS3 ELITE code, if they are available and handing them out for XBL I truly believe we PS users deserve a fair shot at it as well. 

-wridtrvlr

• Re: True Favoritism On Display Folks!!!!
    rlbl

(warning: wall of text)

I follow some devs on Twitter, and I noted this a lot over the course of Black Ops (free codes being given out).

I can understand because of the MS/AV deal that they get DLC first. I do not have to like it, but my (or anyone's) personal feelings are not relevant (like it or not).

However...

I do find it cheeky that everything is XBOX: any commercial, showcase at game shows etc... not to be hypocritical though: the game is also not advertised for the PC or the Wii.

But it is , all in all, just a game.  We have personal feelings because we like this game... but does it really matter?

The problem is sometimes we get a false sense of entitlement when we know someone else is getting a better deal (if we did not know, we would be happy).  I know many of the readers will not relate to this example, but you can see what I mean:

I once bought a brand new car, and I negotiated the crap out of the salesperson and thought I got the best deal I possibly could based on my research. I was very happy.

Then one day I ran into someone who had the exact same car. He told me that he went out of town to buy it. Because he got it a smaller dealership, they gave him a better deal than mine because they needed the sale.  I felt cheated.

See what happened there?  If I wanted the same deal, I should have went out of town...

If you are truly unhappy about what XBOX players get over PS3 players get for this game you have 4 choices:

- Buy an Xbox

- Stop playing this game (stick it to the man)

- Be happy you bought the better system and try to do you part by influencing the devs to make it at least run as good for all platforms.

- Do nothing and just play... after all, it is just a game.

If / When I ever stop feeding money into this franchise it will have NOTHING to do with personal feelings about the XBOX. It will be because I got tired of how the game plays (or more appropriately - doesn't play)

wridtrvlr

Thanks RL!! I find it funny as well that EVERY single plug in advertisement for this franchise is all XBOX. It's like the other platforms don't even exist, yet they make the game for 4 different ones.

You are exactly right when you say if we didn't know, we'd be just as happy without. If I'd have never started following that thread, I'd of never known about them handing these codes out for the XBL users and life would be just the same.

Now I'm on here trying to fight a useless fight for us PS users. I just wish this wasn't the sad reality we had to live in. I remember the days where if you wanted to play Mario and Sonic, you had to have two different systems. We should just revert back to that and game devs should start focusing on more exclusive game titles. (It'll never happen b/c they'd loose out on money, but I can wish and dream.)

All i want is a free ELITE code, give me that and I'll be quiet.

spankhiccup

Saw this post and have also left a comment

Now I'm on here trying to fight a useless fight for us PS users

Hey Rid,

Dude don't beat a dead horse. This is obviously all about the Benjamins" nothing more, nothing less. Money talks' and it speaks loud and clear.

Besides I have never liked the idea of having to pay to go online as the Xbox players do.

says keisersozze1'

Follow me at http://egotrip78.blog.com/

wridtrvlr

I know...  I just want to be the elementary school kid for a little bit and scream "it's not fair" to the school teacher!!

PS users have MANY advantages over XBOX users, but PS doesn't bribe companies for these advantages.  Just goes to show you how low some companies will go to try and sell their product.

It's obvious they weren't getting the sales they wanted and signed this agreement for more sales.  Anyone that is blind can see that.

ghamorra

keisersozze1 wrote:

Dude don't beat a dead horse

This horse isn't dead, it's alive and resilient

It would be one thing if Activision gave them some small incentives, but these incentives are just growing in awesomeness. While we, the PS3 users, are still struggling to even get a hello about our console issues

wridtrvlr

Good to hear that some still have A LITTLE faith! 

I agree ghamorra, it's one thing that they paid to get DLC's dropped earlier for them, but giving away $50 dollar memberships to random XBL users and NOT doing the same for PS3 users really shows where there loyalty lands.

Again DEVS, all I am asking for is a free code as well.  Is it really that hard to do?

rlbl

It is very pathetic isn't it...  although I try not to pay attention to what happens to our cousins, it is a bit of a PR fiasco.

As stated, I will give up on the series before buying an XBOX (my decisions are not intertwined with the MS deal, and MS favoritism).

wridtrvlr

I would never buy an XBOX either.  I'm not paying a yearly fee to play online and it seems PS always out classes them when it comes to graphics.  The ability to play Blue Rays is a plus too!!

zvers

That's exactly why I bought a PS3 when I switched back from PC years ago (hackers suck).

BanHaMMer

ummmmmmm, I know Sony has approached Activision to beta test their Alpha codes to check load on servers/latency etc.

But it's always the same, "we don't allow beta testing on our Alpha codes out side a certain parameter" = a couple of miles from there LAN/ in house testing.

Two Devs from two different and respectable gaming companies both said ( this is my wording not there's, I cannot speak game tech) " it would expose the COD engine/game/infrastructure for what it is and would ultimately fail the Sony requirements that the Sony Exclusive titles have to reach" In other words, the bar is to set to high at Sony.

One Dev had a long discussion with me while were testing M.A.G. about COD and the other from GG whilst we were testing KILLZONE. At a dinner I spoke to Teddy from INSOMNIAC @ the release of RESISTANCE 2. He knew which way the game industry was heading then, but vowed no matter which way INSOMNIAC went or whom they partnered with, they would always put there player base first. ( keep Dedicated Severs etc)

Yes there agreement with Microsoft has a lot to do with it. But testing Alpha codes on a console should be mandatory IMAO.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to imply anything and these are my thoughts alone. They do not represent in any way or form the Company I work for.

maccabi

wridtrvlr wrote:

Wow, just wow is all I can say.  The failBOX favoritism by this company is just out of this world.  It just goes to show that MONEY really does make the world go round and if you have enough of it, you can easily make sure that other companies get the short end of the stick. 

I've been monitoring the discussion: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion on one level up from this.  Here's the link if you are interested http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200442022?start=0&tstart=0

A lot of the DEVS are on this thread, so if you have some serious questions you can get some pretty quick answers there. 

Well, yesterday a DEV got on and released FREE XBL ELITE codes...  So naturally I responded to see if any PS3 ELITE codes were going to be released and got a response that some other dev MAY have some left, but then none were released. 

Here: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200442022?start=4080&tstart=0 is the start of the discussion where you can see the DEV release the free codes. 

I don't believe you get free maps with these codes, just the ELITE status, which is what I want.  I wouldn't play the new maps anyway, they always lag like a *****, I bought the first 2 DLC's and have regretted every minute of it. 

I just wanted to put it on display here.  Activision is openly showing huge favoritism towards failBOX and unfortunately unless SONY coughs up a huge check, this is the sad reality all of us PS users are facing. 

I marked this as a question because I am curios if anyone else has come across anything so blatant as this.  If you keep up on the discussion I mentioned above, you can see the favoritism on display almost every day.  I have asked the devs to PM a PS3 ELITE code, if they are available and handing them out for XBL I truly believe we PS users deserve a fair shot at it as well. 

-wridtrvlr

o0

gee you think they might have given away XBL codes for elite seeing as the xbox had its last dlc drop , no different from the numerous times various cod devs and activision staff have given away the same for the ps3 when the ps3 had a drop and the 360 didnt.

geez seriously people ***** about the most pointless things nowadays

wridtrvlr

Well, you took the time to read my rant, makes you and I one in the same partner.

If you don't have anything constructive to add just gtfo already.   

maccabi

wridtrvlr wrote:

Well, you took the time to read my rant, makes you and I one in the same partner.

If you don't have anything constructive to add just gtfo already.   

ok then more constructively,

activision dish out codes to the devs and their staff /selected people for stuff when theres a dlc drop, usually its for dlc only,but theres been loads of elite codes for both 360 and ps3 given out over the months,

maybe she only had a few xbl elite codes left over , thats still not favouritism you're making a mole hill outta of a mountian really.

oh and fyi she also gave out codes on twitter and facebook aswell and after she gave out the xbl ones... she also gave out ps3 codes for north america. So where is exactly is the favouritism now? 

or do you want to change your whine to the blatant favouritism Teanah showed north american ps3 players who follow her on twitter now?

BanHaMMer

'North America' 'only after they dolled out the bulk to x-box first' and 'followers of her on Social Websites' couldn't get more favourite than that, no?

wridtrvlr

Maybe you missed the point, they just handed XBL ELITE codes yesterday on the forums, why no PS3 codes??  NOT A SINGLE ONE...favoritism at it's best.  Go look for yourself, you follow that thread.

You can say all you want, but you know it's true.  Activision got the most money from failBOX and they support that system WAY more than us PS users.  It's just the sad reality that we live in.

And why do you care so much?  This is a forum and on said forum we can openly discuss our issues, grievances, or whatever, if you think this point has been made too much, why even take the time to comment??

maccabi

wridtrvlr wrote:

why even take the time to comment??

oh im sorry I obviously misunderstood the concept of posting something on a forum, I obviously wrongly assumed when someone posted something it was as they wanted a reply.  maybe you need to make that clearer next time, or was that only replies that agree with your point of view?

and again you're missing the point, Teanah gave out stuff she had laying about, she also said that she didnt have any ps3 codes and maybe another dev did and would go find out.

the only valid whine you have is she never gave any of the ps3 codes out on here.. but other places. but then end of the day the codes were no real use for you anyways, you have all the dlc so it would've been better going to someone who didnt. only benefit apart from dlc for being prem elite is you get to watch some really terribad videos and can enter clan ops

and you might not have even got the code anyways as they go fast when posted. but then i guess you'd just whine how unfair it was she posted codes when you werent glued to the forums right>

wridtrvlr

We've got a smart guy here!!  yay!!

I don't have all of the DLC's, I wouldn't pay for that crap now or ever.  If you were a regular here in the PS3 forum you would know.  Please go back to wherever you came from, probably the xbox side of things.  I thought since they handed out failBOX codes, they'd equally share PS3 codes, in the same spot, but who am I kidding right????

maccabi

wridtrvlr wrote:

We've got a smart guy here!!  yay!!

I don't have all of the DLC's, I wouldn't pay for that crap now or ever.  If you were a regular here in the PS3 forum you would know.  Please go back to wherever you came from, probably the xbox side of things.  I thought since they handed out failBOX codes, they'd equally share PS3 codes, in the same spot, but who am I kidding right????

oh look just as teanah said yesterday loook a different member of the team has listed ps3 codes.. gee hope you're still on the forums and didnt miss out

waits for the unfairness of them not having euro codes whine

GALACT1C0s117

$$$$$$$ is all I can say....

tallowby

wridtrvlr wrote:

So naturally I responded to see if any PS3 ELITE codes were going to be released and got a response that some other dev MAY have some left, but then none were released.

-wridtrvlr

Or this statement could be read.... We gave all out PS3 codes to our freinds and family and only the XBL codes were left  so here you go.....

This whole post kinda just sounds like my newborn baby when he's hungry. He cries and cries until he gets what he wants. You have your code now,does this mean you retract all the mean things that you said?Or shoul;d someone who wasn't online and didn't get a code come here and ***** how he didn't get a code and how they should post beforehand a time when they are going to give them out so he can have a FAIR chance to get one.

wridtrvlr

LISTEN UP!!

FREE ELITE MEMBERSHIP FROM THE DEVS.  FOLLOW THE LINK ABOVE TO THE HOTFIX THREAD, BUT ACT FAST BECAUSE THEY WILL GO FAST AND THERE IS ONLY A FEW ON THERE!!!!!!

Foxhound-Pro

You self identified that you wanted to "act like a schoolkid?" Locking the thread as they released some codes and you simply created a thread to create drama. Don't do this again in the future.