36 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 12:14 AM by xPARAGADEx RSS

I just realized what setup people will use.

Ghost, a wilcard and blind eye, cold blooded, dead silence, sleight of hand and quickdraw are no longer perks so they don't have to sacrifice for stealth.

So fast hands or whatever it's called and quickdraw, a wildcard and a silencer. You think this game is balanced, let's just wait and see.

• Re: I just realized what setup people will use.
    vims1990

Have a problem with Stealth Perks?

Seriously though, Ghost only works while moving if the UAV is up & Vahn stated that Ghost may be a high unlocked perk when levelling.

Dead Silence only makes you silent, that's it.

Cold Blooded is a balanced perk.

What do you want from the new changes to ghost? Do you expect everyone to be a red dot from constant UAV's just for you?

It's time to be less dependent on UAV's, Sensor Equipment & Scanners. The game isn't about red dots & Pacman.

Change your scorestreak setups. Use the Orbital VSAT if you're desperate.

biron_w

Ghost,Cold Blooded,Engineer and a Silencer.

They are what i'll be using. Why? Because I don't want to ne shown on the map by constant UAV spamming and also don't want scrubs who use the Target Finder to be able to spot me from a mile away.

xblbw

Agree, it would be a good class.

The best stealth perk IMO is cold blooded. It does a fair bit in relative terms.

Also people using the target finder in close ranges are going to be fodder. To much tunnel vision.

I love my stelth but as long as there is a perk to make you invisible to automated aerial gunners I'll be happy

also hardcore is the way to go since you don't get on screen map unless a UAV is up. 

i've not really played core since CoD 4

TheAcidpiss

Anyone that thought BLack OPs was slow paced needs to be treated for adhd.

And if you think everyone will use blind eye you obviously havent been playing the latest COD for the last year.............

And quickdraw........... ( i also thought this would be a common attachment) but have you seen the ADS speed with out the quickdraw attachment in the vids from Gamescom??? and im talking about AR's not Sub's. i dont think quickdraw will be such an advantage in this series..........*very curious about this as Soh in black ops was a must for the pro's

And dead silence?  Your forgetting how good claymores are in Black Ops (ClickBOOMdead)..........

And a silencer?!?!?!? you dont sound like you played black ops at all.................

And with so many variables you will never have perfect balance, but compare it with the piece of trash that is MW3

AND IF IT IS ONLY HALF AS GOOD AS BLACK OPS IT WILL STILL BE 100% MORE AWESOME

Message was edited by: TheAcidpiss

Message was edited by: TheAcidpiss

DrKuhn

Black ops certainly wasn't slow paced but it was the first duty to force people to use ghost pro to avoid killstreaks, get seen on radars with piss poor level designs with zero cover and no corners to use properly, and it established in the new duty gamer mindsets that they CAN'T play without being hidden because THAT'S what black ops and mw3 has been teaching people.

Btw, silencers were pretty good on SOME guns in black ops. Galil

Mw2 had cold blooded which protected you from air support before BO and MW2 had a lot more killstreaks buzzing around because they stacked (you could use one to get another).

IMO BO and COD4 have the best level design and most enjoyable maps of the whole series.

You have to select 4 different perks to create a complete stealth class in this game and this requires a wild card. In all the COD games there has always been plenty of people who ignore the stealth perks, so i disagree with your assessment that people think that you CAN'T play without them.

IMO BO and COD4 have the best level design and most enjoyable maps of the whole series.

Maps of Call of Duty: Black Ops

Included

Array · Crisis · Cracked · Firing Range · Grid · Hanoi · Havana · Jungle · Launch · Nuketown · Radiation · Summit · Villa · WMD

First Strike

Berlin Wall · Discovery · Kowloon · Stadium

Escalation

Convoy · Hotel · Stockpile · Zoo

Annihilation

Hangar 18 · Drive-in · Silo · Hazard

A few I didn't care for, but there are some really great maps on that list (discovery probably being my favorite).

Couldn't agree with you more about the Galil. It was my fav gun in BO and one of my best guns in the series.

TheAcidpiss

I never said silencers are bad?. The thing i liked about black ops is that they do more damage without them.

And thats the sacrifice you had to pay and i think this is perfect, and that the maps are so good that you can run around without a silencer and not die a second later from behind, unlike MW3.

i also dont think MW3 and BO created the *ghoster* player, it started as soon as they brought in the UAV.

Its simple, you get three kills in a row HELL- you get two kills using hardline or- 1kill and some flash bang-splash damage markes using hardline and you get a Killstreak reward that gives you my near EXACT location every 3-5 seconds for 30seconds?!?!

You put me in the middle of a jungle with someone else to fight to the death and we both get two options..............

#1 you get a AK-47, a pistol and a RPG

OR

#2 you get a knife and a UAV

Any smart person will take option 2

And this is why ghost will always be one of my most used perks.......................

And BO maps are hands down the best design yet, but thats just my opinion

Thats my two cent for the day.

T-boss

blackops was quickish paced but still slower than any other cod i played.

silancer should make your gun noticable worse in tradeoff for stealth. makes it harder to kills you dont get rushed right after killing someone.  claymores wont be as common but there will be more 2 claymore campers. if there is sniping maps i will use it on my sniping class(along with awarness and and a shotgun). 

i will have a say for balance if everything is used almost evenly. only common stuff is easy to use stuff which will suck at killing compared to skilled playyers with hard to use stuff.

Fireman0025

not me. i will use ghost for S&D and my "im getting the crap kicked out of me" classes

otherwise you can vome chase my little red dot... ill just kill you

nicedrewishfela

Don't worry about what "Everyone" will be using. Find something you enjoy and have fun playing the game.

gallp13

Not me cant wait to set up my "shank" class......he he

TryHard187

I sure as hell will have a stealth class set up!

Everybody would like to run around with out being a red dot and a victim of other kill streaks (helicopters and chopper)

Ghost pro in Black Ops took care of all of that! The reason I used ghost pro is because I was rushing a lot and I went in the enemy spawn. I couldn't afford to show up on their radar, I couldn't afford to hide because a helicopter was up!

I had marathon pro so all I wanted to do was non stop running and just shooting people up..

And even when I was camping in their spawn, I needed to stay low key for those who wanted to revenge kill me!

If people call you names for doing this, think about it.. do you even know these people to be affected by their opinion? Do you get paid if everybody thinks the opposite of all the negative about you? Do you go to school or your job and 2 chicks are waiting for you to compliment you on the fact you don't use stealth perks!?!?!

Play how you want to play! I mean.. duh!

eX_sniperzz

Or you could just run around Leroy Jenkins style :)