26 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 9:06 AM by EynonPower RSS

Drop Shotting

ghostsniper2010

I Would Be Happy If This Game Did'nt Have Drop Shotting I Have Tried But Every Time I Fail I end Up Missing Or My Gun Goes Streight Up I Can Do It In BattleField 3 Just Wish COD Did'nt Have It

• Re: Drop Shotting
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Switch to tactical layout and you'll get it.

TheAcidpiss

Im not one to be negative, but what type of mentality is this???

I cant do it/use it so get rid of it??

If you cant drop shot or dont like to there is always the knife. But just because others can and you cannot is not a good reason for something to be taken out............. Not even fricking close............

Deathly_rYaN

They should put in an animation whe you go to prone. It will counter the ability to shoot while going to prone

T-boss

remove dropshoting: hopefully yes.

reasons above for removing it: not good ones.

i think it should be removed for being a cheap tactic.i can understand if i find someone already laying down but not RnG then imediatly lay down with no hurt to you.  dalphin dive helps some. but the BF3 like animation would be the best way to go.  piont is prone > than standing up. and dropshoting lets you go prone right when u see someone. make it so you have a animation so its used more with stealth, sneaking, and (unfortanitly)camping, and choking(holding a choke point).

then gun fire will almost be inpossible to dodge. it gives whoever utilises it a advantage and any 2 people can, possibly helping to win a 1 v 1 gun battle. that is why it should still be in there

T-boss

so you are telling me you want to keep dropshots, so you die less to people who are better at the game than you?  try an argument that isnt, i will die more without it.

No that is not my arguement, you completely missed the point. Dropshotting is a way of avoiding death, its available to everyone and therefore is a fair advantage, another person may choose the Knife. You sound like you got killed one to many times by someone hitting the deck, That would be your fault and if you don't like it, aim for their feet.

Treyarch have brought back dolphin diving which means to dropshot you can't be running, thats going to be the most they do i'm afraid as dropshotting is legit.

People are so idiotic when it comes to the drop shotting argument. They say it's a cheap tactic, but it's one of the only tactics to actually avoid death. People saying that you shouldn't drop shot is like people saying that you shouldn't strafe in Halo. Stupid argument, enough said.

HURRICANE8

drop shotting to me just falls into the "crap you just have to deal with" catagory. just like camping/ spawn killing/ quickscoping/ noob tubes/ motion sensors.... sure it all sucks but the good thing about COD is there is a counter to every perk in the game.

"if you cant beat em, join em"

Drop shooting is an awful game mechanic, but sadly I think it remains in Black Ops II.

Just keep practicing.

It's not some magic trick you have to spend months learning, just hit your stick on and tact layout and ADS at the same time, keep your aim steady and listen to your enemy rage because the only thing dropping about him is his K/D.

Yeah, it's not hard you just gotta keep practing. There's also another way to counter dropshotting, it's called jumpshotting. When you hop to side when someone dropshots you. It takes practice but you eventually get it and it also depends on your gunskill.

T-boss

i dont have a problem with jump shotting. unlick drop shots, its a more realistic motion, it uses evation and sometimes cover to avoid shots. the movement form jump shots actualy makes it harder to aim, something nto as bad in drop shots.

dropshots makes you a harder target and is very unrealistic, and overall cheap tactic. BF3 actualy got dropshots right.

nicedrewishfela

Drop-shotting is a legitimate tactice. It has a tradeoff... you are very susceptible to headshots. I never really did it until MW3 when I found myself knifing during gunfights. I switched to tactical and now dropshot from time to time. Since cover is a non-existent entity in this game, you have very few options for lessening your presence as a target If you are capable of pulling it off successfully, I don't see it as an issue.

The devs' responsibility is to make the animation viable. The player can't be upright one moment and prone suddenly. There needs to be a clear transition so the opposing shooter can adjust their aim. In some past titles, it was just instantaneous. I think the transition animation has improved.

Doesn't need to be removed from the game. It's a viable tactic and is easily overcome.

I agree the animation needs to be more realistic...I DO dropshot from time to time and it's really simple to do in my opinion with trial and error but the thing is that the animation is so janky i've nicknamed it the "Usher Slide". One minute your target is prone then THEY WILL ALWAYS do this animation while getting back up whereas they're prone then slide up to standing towards one direction and I'm always like WTF. But hey it's a part of the series.

T-boss

make headshots instakill and we got a deal.

keep dropshots for intakill headshots.

Makes me wonder how this topic would be if you indeed were able to dropshot..

You can't drop shot in BF3.  There is an animation when you go from standing to prone to prevent this.  So OP, no, you can't drop shot in BF3. 

Dice got that right.  3Arch at least copied the knifing mechanic from BF3.  Maybe next game they'll get drop shotting right.  But, i'm going to get BO2 and this is something i'll have to deal with.  Do it enough, and we'll predict it and all you do is give us a headshot after headshot so...