12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2012 4:56 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Playing CoD at night sucks

WonkySausage

Hmm what can I say, had the most annoying night ever on this game. After about 1am started getting thrown into lobbies where the host is in America and i'm the only Brit. Sure it was hardcore FFA which can be annoying at the best of times, but when you're shooting directly at someone for nearly a second and not getting a single hitmarker, or worse still - 7 hit markers at mid range and no kill, you do get a bit annoyed.

7 and 17 on Gulch

9 and 21 on Offshore

5 and 17 on Decommission

So my lesson learned not to play late night in the UK.. One thing though, and this is a bit of a generalisation, but every american player with a microphone was either a tryhard (trying to boast about his uninspiring, unimportant irrelevant KDR) or trash talkers. I thought I was bad!

One of the americans said I had the advantage, as I was on a 2 bar, everyone else was on 4, but as far as I saw, there was no lag compensation for me whatsoever, so my view on this subject has changed slightly.

Alas, you'd think i'd dashboard such games, but just cba and got on with it

• Re: Playing CoD at night sucks
    obzi

I'm in the UK and usually give up around 11:30pm because lag kicks in so bad that the game is unplayable, maybe I can get to twelve if I'm lucky.

Through the day and evening it's usually fine and I have some good games but late night I just get slaughtered.

codchamp

This is odd. best time a day for me is in the afternoon. I get to play against bad players from euro countries. Real competition doesnt start until the evening hours

zvers

I would say that for me, PS3 in Chicago, at night is laggy as all hell recently. During the day is the best time since so many bad players are on so it's easier to dominate. Another reason might be that I'm playing against people more "local" during the day than at night. Who knows what the heck is going on with this game. It's more bipolar that Golom!

kemicalsupreme

I would also say that most of the american players that are playing are laid off and not looking for jobs living in their moms basement.  I can say that for certain with 90% accuracy.  Any adult that is on after 10pm on a week night is unemployeed. 

poisonvein7

lol im an american and im on after 10pm 2 sometimes 3 days a week and im employed. i work 4 or 5 days a week, i work 3rd shift. on my days off i play cod at night mostly because i need to be up with my daughter during the day. when will people start to realise its not a single race but a planet of people with different looks and beliefs. im sure there are people all over the world that trash talk, not just here in america. i know ill get a reply saying "well there are more in america" but again thats just an assumption based off of your hate against another race.

on a side note i have my own house.

SitRepPro

The joys of not having matchmaking criteria set by country, distance, latency etc.

It's worse for me on Saturdays so I play different games then.  Sometimes there's no noticeable lag but when this happens I can never kill anyone and I leave and the scoreboard appears on my screen.

SheSaidNo

I'd say it sucks at night no matter what country you're from.  I'm in LA and I still can't get into a game under 100ms after 11 pm. 

But it makes me wonder, who the hell is benefitting from this?  Because if the lag sucks for me and I'm shooting a guy seven times before a hit registers, then that means someone has to be benefitting from no lag.

Stryker06

Lets be real, they rushed this game to get it out relatively at the same time as BF3. The lag in this game is just awful no matter what time of the day because of the stupid host since this game was too cheap to get actual servers. The hit detection is just pathetic and all around, this is the worst CoD game to date. You could just go on and on about how bad this game is and tear it apart; however, the creators dont care what the consumer has to say. Every "update" has made this game worse and the little children love it more. Go talk to the folks at DICE and maybe you can learn how to fix all of the problems with this game.

poisonvein7

both games have there problems, any game is going to have problems. ask for getting it out at the same time as bf3 thats not the case. they did sorta have to rush it out but it was because of legal issues.

SitRepPro

Stryker06 wrote:

Lets be real, they rushed this game to get it out relatively at the same time as BF3. The lag in this game is just awful no matter what time of the day because of the stupid host since this game was too cheap to get actual servers. The hit detection is just pathetic and all around, this is the worst CoD game to date. You could just go on and on about how bad this game is and tear it apart; however, the creators dont care what the consumer has to say. Every "update" has made this game worse and the little children love it more. Go talk to the folks at DICE and maybe you can learn how to fix all of the problems with this game.

You cite DICE wrt to lag but Need For Speed: The Run had a reputation for lag.

Noob_Lyncher

I only play at night, and I don't have any problems, besides the lag comp and spawns.