38 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 12:02 PM by theatriks RSS

Black Ops 2...Will be better than Mw3 if.........

rustygun

Black Ops 2 will be better than mw3 if...They keep the maps just as fun and exciting. I loved the smaller maps and the balcony on balcony design of mw3, it kept the pace up and the action flowing. All thats needed is to remove the unecessary clutter. The maps on mw3 were great in my oppinion bar a few like arkaden that didnt seem to know what they were doing and where they were going. they were varied and made you feel like you wanted a holiday there in some cases. All the dlc was great as opposed to the dull turnout from black ops 1, apart from a few like hazard and drive in.

Black ops 2 will be better than Mw3 if...They slow down the pace just a touch so the game mechanics can keep up with the action, instead of all this wtf? stuff. I never remember being shot in cod 4 and thinking wtf?? I always felt I deserved it. There are too many moments in MW3 where someone flies in a room like a wasp on speed and your dead before youve even had chance to see the guy??  And the replay shows him letting off fifty shots..."Hey, thats not what I just saw???= wtf???

Finally and most importantly, and without repeating the prefix again, Black ops needs to be fun, fast but not stupidly wtf? fast, balanced but not boringly so, and addictive in a massive way. I think a friend summed up the ultimate conclusion to a GREAT call of duty game. It doesn't favour the better players, like a class of pupils, it helps the ones with learning difficulties and makes it fun and competetive for eveyone...

• Re: Black Ops 2...Will be better than Mw3 if.........
    anoreo

I'm not really a fan of the MW3 maps at all. My favorite maps were the non-DLC maps of World at War. On all the maps, you could run an HMG,AR,SMG,sniper or whatever and not be disadvantaged by the map. The MW3 maps have almost no sightlines and the maps heavily lean to one playstyles favor.

For your last comment, that's why we have combat training

The_Bolt_Action_Man

I strongly disagree. The maps in mw3 are so one dimensional it's hard to use a LMGs or a sniper rifle effectively because the maps lack long sight lines and are filled with too many unnecessary corridors.

It will be better than MW3 as soon as the game comes out... The maps on MW3 are terrable especially the new ones, the spawning it terrable, no matter how big the map is I get killed seconds from spawning alot of the time.

jshearhart

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who said, "That's not what I just saw."

warzh311ion

If 3ARC can reproduce the map magic they had on W@W, then this game will be great.

TheAcidpiss

Ahh the WTF moments!!!!

Ive had more WTF moments in MW3 in one day than a entire year of Black Ops.I also missed having a gun battle, losing and thinking "you beat me fair and square"

And being able to use an unsurpressed weapon and not being killed from some flank or another 2 seconds later.

If i was a wealthy person i would throw this disc as soon as black ops 2 came out..........

But as it is I might just have a goodbye party and have a title in big letters

*** FAREWELL PP90M1!!! YOU WERE THE MOST UNBALANCED GUN TO DATE***

Anything is better than MW3...

I don't know how they can do worse then MW3 but this map design similar to W@W (BEST COD IMO) we all want will sadly not return. If you watch any of the gameplay from gamescom and look at the mini map the design looks similar to MW3 with tons of routes and pointless areas. Sure this may be a bummer but if the spawns are made properly the poor map design won't ruin any experience the game has to offer unlike some game that spawns still haven't been changed. Cough, cough,MW3.

T-boss

MW3 has what might be the worst map design i ever played. their map design with improvement to spawnign will work if only 2-4 maps fit their design scieme.

but map desing and lag/hitdetection are my 2 biggest fears atm. map design suggests MW3 map designs similar to where they left off.(hope its not true based on descriptions but there is deffinite support.). if BO2 doesnt delever in map design. itll come down to: shitty maps(BO2), shitty hitdetection/lag/working abiltiy(BO), balance(MW2), or all of the above(MW3).  so BO2 better delever on map design or ittl just have to settle with a major flaw putting it up with the other 3 and their retarded brother(MW3).

You are the only person I have ever seen or heard say that MW3 maps are great. I hate them except Mission and Hardhat. And the DLC maps are the worst I have ever seen in a COD title. I literally get spawned into getting shot in my back on Parish about 6 out of 10 times. Off Shore is the MW3 equivalent to Black Ops' Cracked. It is just terrible.

Black Ops 2 needs to just be Black Ops 2. All the changes to the killstreak system and create-a-class system is enough to get me excited. Promoting competitive style gaming with league play and COD Casting is really interesting to me too. The point I am trying to make is two-fold:

1. If you like the MW3 maps, then good for you. But you have to understand that the vast majority of the community thought the MW3 maps were the worst set in the entire COD franchise.

2. I don't think we need to compare Black Ops 2 to MW3 or any other COD for that matter. MW3 was designed by a whole different studio than Black Ops 2. And with all the changes to core components of COD that Black Ops 2 is making, there is a strong possibility that it is going to set itself apart from all the past CODs. Whether or not that will be a good thing or a bad thing, only time will tell.

rustygun

Bad maps on mw3??? I just cant believe what im hearing. Can i ask you guys why you think cod4 Maps were the best but then go on to run down mw3 when to me and many of my cod4 fan mates believe the mw3 maps share a distinct resemblence in design. I cant really comment on team stuff spawning coz im a free for all fan, but the only time ive seen rediculous spawning is on parish, but the maps supposed to be crazy fast insane fun and i find it hilarious to spawn right behind someone!! You need a good mixture of maps and no one can say mw3 didnt give us just that. And people come on here ranting on about small maps but look at the cod evidence...the favourite map from black ops=Nuketown. Cod 4=Shipment (or it was atleast very popular) MW2=Rust, need i go on. Everyone loves small maps...theyre FUN. Anyone remember that word...Fun! Ok, so they just need to sort out the spawning issues, i accept that...

- Treyarch grows some balls and stops QS (like with BO1). Footage however suggests Treyarch has folded to the QSers and it will be as laden with QS as all the Modern Warfares

- There are big maps like there were with MW2, and there's destructability.

- The noob tubes get buffed to CoD 4 Sonic Boom standard, so campers can be easily punished once found. But no way of refilling them, because MW2 had a bit of a problem with that. That said, living with MW2 noob tubers is easier than living with MW3 campers.

- No unbalanced weapons or perks. (*cough* Sitrep Pro *cough*)

Basically, everything MW3 multiplayer isn't. If they do that, it will go down a storm and Treyarch will be hailed as one of the great development companies.

PS I'm not pre-ordering as Nuketown on BO1 for me was probably the worst map in the game. The only reason it was popular was because it allowed people to spawn rush then spawn camp for silly numbers of kills. Firing Range was small, and it was so much better.  I want the opposite - lots of big maps. With small maps, you can have the best spawn system known to man - there will still be spawn killing if there are too many players.

If BO2 is ANYTHING like MW3 I'm not bothering.

T-boss

- never seen 1 QS, seen some dragscopes/hardscopes. not on QS shot. and dragscoping has to be possible for normal sniping ot be possible.

- most mpas say CQB so i fear for a repeat in MW3 map design.  some large maps would be great thou.

-were does it say noobtubes were buffed. i want them buffed with BO kill radias, larger damadge radias(u get hurt mroe often and from farther away but you wont die unless you are already hurt), always explode on impact meaning you can suicide, and more curve making it harder to aim.

-well see when the game comes out, i see underpowered stuff but nothing i think will be OP.

The mw3 maps are horrible. too cluttered and small. you can't even use the sniper in that game.

rustygun

Funny cytrone, my mates seem to think its too sniper friendly?? But i say again, werent cod 4 maps small? And people still say that was the best game? Why is this...?

The_Bolt_Action_Man

Are we playing the same game? Because the maps in mw3 do not support traditional sniping in any shape or form. Correction the maps in cod 4 were not small and clustered like in mw3 they were varied they were balanced maps that supported a variety of playstyles.  Cod 4 is considered the best cod because it was simple focusing more on gun and gun action, only three killstreaks, good maps, balanced weapons (apart from the m16a4 and the mp5) etc.

rustygun

Im listening bolt and your right, cod 4 was simple. Maybe it just seemed like the maps were small because rhey were uncluttered and more open. I think they shoyld reintroduce limiting killstreaks to 3 per one life like the old days to reduce the cmping. I think people came out in the open to be shot to replenish their killstreaks...better idea. I really think treyarch are  heading between the games now so you get a splash of both styles. I like the rc car and the redisigned ghost and emphasis on radar importance, its going back to what made the early games great.

I like a mixture of peoples responses. First fix the spawns. Yes in mw2 ppl spawn camped but that was far less annoying then spawning randomly in cross fire or being shot in the back of the head before u take one step. Secondly wow had the best maps. They were big but designed in a way that you could use all weapon types in different areas of the map and play the style u wanted. sweap the outside with snipers and lmg or run and gun in the middle with shotguns and smg or do both with assualt rifles. mw2 did have bigger more open and uncluttered maps which is a point someone brought up. mw3 has too much clutter in tiny maps and random spawns. Black ops is not as bad as mw3 because the spawns are not as bad and not as much clutter but still the maps lack creativity and are small. At this point if you took the wow maps and put bo2 in those it would be the best game ever.

black ops 2 will be better if the maps aren't all small like mw3's.

ACII

MW3 maps were horrible.  Absolutely terrible. 

From the videos I can tell that these maps should be a lot better.

MW3 rivals W@W for how bad it is.  But I have a little faith for this one.  Lag compensation is probably coming back to kill me again though

Film_Not_Rated

Honestly, after playing MW2 for the past couple of days...Lag comp almost made me want it more...sadly.

I can normally always pull host, or at least 4 bar 95%+ of my matches in Blops/MW3, but when i've been on MW2 lately the lobbies are full of 2 bars, 1 bars, I don't even get a 4bar until like 10 matches in but even after those 10 I want to leave because of the 24/7 noobtubes.

I like host only connection, but they can give host to the WORST person in the lobby and ruin the experience for everyone, bullet delay doesn't excist only in Lag Comp.

it's 50/50 now for me, lag comp is good, but horrible, host only is good, but horrible and can be altered, IE the host purposely lag switching ( I had friends do this.)

its the scale of the 2 games mw3 feels like they have zoomed in ,going back to bo it feels as if the scale is right the maps feel more roomy you can get in a gun fight in bo and escape /get to cover i never felt i had that option in mw3 .

I really think people hate maps they suck at. When I hate a map I try to get good at it and then have my mom make me a sandwich.

nycjpm

Figure out how to make there be NO MORE WTF's... and BO2 will be the gold standard.

When I mean no more WTF's, I mean after reviewing what happened in theater and seeing it from all points of view and then being able to accept it as legit.  Yeah, I see now that I ran around that corner and never looked and he shot me from behind. OK, not lag, not a bad spawn, my bad.

But how?  Well the first, simplest way would probably be to make it so whatever you do before you die still counts and gets applied posthumously.  At least that way lag works itself out to be fair.

If I pumped em full of lead, but was lagged, at least I'll still get a fair shake.  And if I get shot dead after killing someone, I can accept that I had an unfair lag advantage.

I dunno, this one seems rather obvious to me.  Has it ever been tried?

They could take a dump on a disc and it would be better than MW3. By far the absolute worst COD, and one of the worst FPS I've ever played.

scificrimes

Your opinion... BTW a wasp on speed becomes extremely erotic towards humans. Use a different analogy next time.

i felt that the maps were crap, but it also had a hazy feel to it like someky and not bright enough colors to distinguish, targets in mw3, BAD lag compensation, and the spawning was bad. bops was the first of the series i played and seemed ok, but the lag was bad. also i thought the spawning was a little off as well, it put u to far from the action u were just in!!!! all i know is im going to buy bops2 and it better be more like bops then mw3!!!!!! or i will be greatly disapointed!!!!!!

i felt that the maps were crap, but it also had a hazy feel to it like someky and not bright enough colors to distinguish, targets in mw3, BAD lag compensation, and the spawning was bad. bops was the first of the series i played and seemed ok, but the lag was bad. also i thought the spawning was a little off as well, it put u to far from the action u were just in!!!! all i know is im going to buy bops2 and it better be more like bops then mw3!!!!!! or i will be greatly disapointed!!!!!!