11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 11:23 PM by Gh0sted76 RSS

Still No Love For Hardcore?

24/7 playlist finally shows up and guess what, no hardcore! Can't say I'm surprised! IW hates hardcore, been that way since ricochet took over in December. Thanks Infinity Ward, you guys are not very smart excluding hardcore and ruining MW3 in some ways. We are mostly adults who play hardcore modes and yes, we buy the games. Don't F up your next project please! Hell, I'd pay extra just to play hardcore modes. If COD ever did away with hardcore I would not play anymore. Who cares, we're just a small part of the community anyway. You guys really stunk up MW3 by dissing hardcore players. Good game but let's take a step forward next time shall we?

• Re: Still No Love For Hardcore?
    Rednecksniper39

You really expected a 24/7 hardcore playlist? It was never promised so why did you expect it?

Wishful thinking bro! We are the redheaded step children of COD! I gotta say the controls in MW3 are a little tighter than Black Ops but Treyarch knows how to do hardcore. I just hope they don't forget about us like IW.

SitRepPro

You mean like they did with Barebones players?

myevo8you

The mechanics are still basically the exact same in barebones as core. Hardcore is a TOTALLY different mechanic in the way the game is played. If there was a hardcore barebones playlist I would play it non-stop. If more players would just give hardcore a chance and actually PLAY it instead of trying to use the mindless rushing into battle like 99% of Core players play the game I would be willing to bet that over 50% of the players would play hardcore more often, or ONLY play hardcore.

For sure, a lot of Core players think Hardcore is just a campfest but it is anything but that. Sure there will be people playing with more caution cause you die quicker but taking cover isn't corner camping. When I was a noob I was afraid of hardcore lol! Once you get used to it there is no going back. Today I finally broke down and played faceoff cause the maps look good but man, I can't stand Core! No disrespect to Core fans by any means btw.

SitRepPro

myevo8you wrote:

The mechanics are still basically the exact same in barebones as core. Hardcore is a TOTALLY different mechanic in the way the game is played. If there was a hardcore barebones playlist I would play it non-stop. If more players would just give hardcore a chance and actually PLAY it instead of trying to use the mindless rushing into battle like 99% of Core players play the game I would be willing to bet that over 50% of the players would play hardcore more often, or ONLY play hardcore.

Barebones doesn't truely exist in this game purely because you can still get a MOAB in the game modes AND there are deathstreaks.  Because of this, it's not the only playing "type" that is ignored.  Black Ops' version of Barebones is more true to its definition (excluding the classic version that had kilsltreaks of 3, 5, 7).

You are correct in that hardcore is totally different to core.  I can't use RPGs, C4, x2 flash and a tube too easily.  I have to use my gun more to get some kills.

nflfenatic

The question is why would anyone like to play dome over and over again. The problem with core games on small maps like dome is half the game you spend looking at a white screen with your ears ringing. I hate that map on core. That is one of the benefits of hardcore is not so many darn flash grenades errantly tossed or frags and semtex. You don't need a full clip to kill someone either. Best game mode by far all though I must admit I sometimes play core if I keep getting stuck in campfests. This happened to me on Terminal every time you tried to enter the building a sniper had it covered. Wierd game I got frustrated walked out to the middle of the tarmak, went downstairs and grabbed a quick snack came back 3 or 4 minutes later and the game was almost over and I was still standing there. NO LIE. But if you get in a good lobbly where people are communicating it is by far the best. OH and after that match was over I found a different lobby. Those guys must have all been using tactical insertions. Don't expect no love though because there just isn't the demand there.

hardcamp would be soooooo much better if you werent allowed to use tubes and rockets and crap. 1 bullet usually kills, a rocket is overkill and uncalled for in this mode. you should only be allowed an aircraft lock on only. this completely ruins it for me. that and the guys that play it because they cant aim. my friend only likes hardcamp...he and others says it takes a whole clip to kill someone, yeah if you miss 26 out of 30 rounds it does. I can kill 3 people in core with 1 clip from several assault rifles and smgs. But these people will just aim down sight and spray all over you as if you were a car and when 1 bullet hits you and kills and they have some bullets still in thier clip they think they did good haha. nah, learn how to aim better. my friend does decent at HC, goes positive,(camping out really really bad of course, to the point where im watching and threaten to take the controller if he wont move) but he sucks bad at core. why? his accuraccy is like 10%.  To put it simply, You can afford to miss in hardcore...whats hardcore about that? I understand there are alot of good players in HC im not bashing, just saying its more forgiving on the bad players. Also, I think the killstreaks shouldnt ricochet. it shouldnt kill anyone if you hit a team mate. no one is gonna waste a predator on killing a team mate come on. They are sooo dumb they will run right into the path of a air strike every single time and you get punished for their stupidity.

Hardcore is fun sometimes, dont get me wrong but campers and tubers ruin it for me. in core if you run past a scrub in a corner over half the time u go by so fast they cant finish you off... you actually have a chance to come back head to head and make it a fair fire fight which they always loose. in hardcore the kid thats 0-1 5 minutes into the game from hiding in a corner looking left and right over and over will kill u if you run by. this is super frustrating. when i do play I love playing it with the m14 and mp412 pistol and just one shotting fools like its a bolt action. POP and run off haha. I can usually place in the overall top 3 with just that pistol. you guys should try it if you havent. but a dome 24/7 play list in hc would be terrible. everyone would just spam javelins, rockets, nades, and tubes over and over. you wont get to see the white screen constantly because you will be to busy getting blown up.  Im not trying to start a war here but these are the reasons i cant take hardcore seriously...to many people play cheap. Its just not a fair game mode and i think IW feels the same way.  its more recreational and to fool around in when your bored to me. But hey, to each their own.

Hardcore a camp fest. Everyone head glitching and noobtubing  95% of games time out in hardcore because everyone camping so god dam hard Lol

There are a lot of good players in HC, sure every game mode has noobs and crap but with core you always have a mini map, you see skulls where your teammates die so you can anticipate where the enemy is, and you don't need to take cover as much as you do in HC. I am not dissing Core but to say HC is for campers and no skill players is stupid. There are really good players in both Core and HC.

trialstardragon

24/7 was never promised for HC, so it was never added. Plain and simple. Unless they say it will be for all game modes than do not assume or hope or expect it to be in HC in regardes to any playlist change made.

Core is the larger playerbase, IW will always cater to core first. Only after proven on how good or bad it would ever be in core whould it probably ever been considered for HC at all.

It has been a long known fact that neither IW nor 3ARC has ever made a playlist change and had it for both game modes when they did right off the bat. Core will usually always get the changes first. So never expect or assume anything different.