18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2012 7:48 PM by monkeylord RSS

HIP FIRE TIPS W/ BREAKDOWN (BEST MW3 TIPS)

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!

• Re: HIP FIRE TIPS W/ BREAKDOWN (BEST MW3 TIPS)
    codbig_boss

Also know as spray and prey.

monkeylord

As the wife shows good aimed hip fire comes from disregarding the on-screen cross hairs and instead paying attention to the iron sites.All spraying and prayin buys is an empty clip and a ticket to toe tag city.

ya for sure

monkeylord

Also the best hip fire weapons are the ARs the MK14,type 96 and the ACR easily out does the SMGs in the hip fire department. The slower rate of fire makes it easier to keep the irons on target and less chance of running through your ammo. Once you get used to the hip fire on the ARs the snipers become a dream and the OHK rifles pretty much just become shotguns you can scope in with.

I think the SMGs are only really any good for someone over reliant on the on screen cross hairs beyond that there's not much point in using the SMGs for their hip fire people may as well jump straight to the ARs they make a much better jumping off point.

i have to disagree hard core the spread ration on the assault rifles for hipfiring are way higher than the smgs

monkeylord

CODTACTICS wrote:

i have to disagree hard core the spread ration on the assault rifles for hipfiring are way higher than the smgs

I'm not entirely sure if thats true or not but I can honestly say I found it just as easy to hip fire ARs on HC as I do on core.

But then again I pretty much ignore the stats on a weapon and trust what happens when you run with it ~shrug~ I found the ARs to be pretty consistant and easier to hip fire than the SMGs I judge this on ease of grabbing a kill and being able to consistantly drop 3-5 people before having to reload.

Sure you can spray and pray the SMGs but thats not really what hip firing is about hip fire should be an aimed for shot rather than holding down the trigger and hoping for the best in laggy lobbies the less warning someone has you're there the better.

The MK14 and type 95 are a dream to hip fire out of the 2 i'd peg the MK14 as probably the best hip fire weapon over all in the game it's got decent speed with no additions needed, high damage, an iron sight thats easy to make out even if you've got a sight slapped on top, it doesn't spaz to much when you hip fire it and you don't even need to spam the trigger that fast either.

ya it is all personal preference but i just think the smgs are way better maybe it is just a mental thing

monkeylord

CODTACTICS wrote:

ya it is all personal preference but i just think the smgs are way better maybe it is just a mental thing

Yeah I think most equate volume of bulletts and spraying an area as the most effective method rather than relying on accuracy and just firing a few rounds.

I just think it all comes down to how good someone is at straffing if people aren't very good at staying locked in on a target then they'll need the extra shots but that comes at the cost of giving the enemy a heads up on the tactic in use, gifting the enemy a chance to switch up how they engage.

It's the same as snipers I hear a .50 cal getting spammed to crap you know the user either can't aim for junk or is suffering from some kind of connection issue so I make a bee line for them same goes for SMG hip shooters if they're into the spray and pray just pop in and out of cover forcing them to expend their ammo chuck on top they need to be close you can lure them into C4 or semtex.

actually the acr isn't that bad but i would still prefer a smg

BanHaMMer

monkeylord wrote:

As the wife shows good aimed hip fire comes from disregarding the on-screen cross hairs and instead paying attention to the iron sites.All spraying and prayin buys is an empty clip and a ticket to toe tag city.

haha monkeylord you never fail to impress

Just what the series needed, more people running around with smg's spraying bullets without actually aiming. No wonder people say this game doesn't take skill.

The kid in the OP video doesn't even sound like he's hit puberty yet. Is he even old enough to play this game?

monkeylord

Hip fire is a s old as the FPS genre sure there's a technique to hip fire that rules out the spray and pray element. But on the flip side it's just a video game so let people fire their gun the way they want if someones happy leaping 360 out of a window firing their akimbo FMGs full auto who really cares?

There's plenty of millitary sims out there but COD aint one of them. It's not a sign of the mystical skill to lay down in a bush and wait 30 minutes for the perfect shot COD is a fast paced game where hip fire is a pretty standard shot to take.

My autistic nephew went 27 & 2 hip firing an smg. Hip firing requires no skill and anyone who requires "tips" on how to hip fire must have a mental capacity below that of a barely functional autistic child.

While everyone is entitled to their own style of play, we shouldn't encourage such behavior. In other words, we should encourage people to use more difficult weapons, tactics, etc rather than take the easy route. More people hip firing in CoD is the equivalent of more Hadoken spam in Street Fighter, it just makes it a boring match where winners are determined by a higher RoF.

monkeylord

WhiteCollarBrawler wrote:

While everyone is entitled to their own style of play, we shouldn't encourage such behavior. In other words, we should encourage people to use more difficult weapons, tactics, etc rather than take the easy route.

Well i've pretty much used every weapon in the game and have learned to hip fire them all. You promote "tactics" and yet deride one of the corner stones of an FPS game which is hip fire.

Just like no-scope, QS, drop shot and the dozens of other shots that you can hit in this game hip fire is a valid shot and has it's uses. Given that a lot of encounters will be upclose and against more than one enemy it would be tactically unsound to ADS for every conflict or even as much as 60%.

And we havn't even broached the shotguns which is a whole class dedicated to the hip fire method.

If hip fire isn't for you then ~meh~ however in my eyes the more tactically sound option is learn how to do every kind of shot in the game and do it well so you're never out of options when your back is to the wall.

Do I think we were crying out for a hip fire guide? most likely not but it's not like it's harming anyone no one forces people to click into a link or to read whats within and i'm pretty sure there's no penalty for not watching every single clip put up on here.

Everyone knows what this kid does and he throws a lot of stuff up seeing what does and doesn't stick some of it's really good like the sniper clip he put up some of it is  shrug and move on however at least he trys rather than just sitting back and criticising people based on nothing more than a foggy argument of "skill" whilst offering nothing tangible to show why hip fire is so demonic and the ruination of COD.

I'd rather use a "cheap" shot be it hip,QS, dropshot or whatever and survive the encounter than be the "noble" dead body on the ground.

m77_a

Same loser who posted fake MOABs and continually creates new accounts with crap tips is just going to get banned again. Good game.