41 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2012 10:08 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

danielbondnz

....

 

Was just playing killed confirmed, I was partied up with some xbox friends, actually I was friends with one, the other 3 were friends of his.

 

 

Any who I quickly realised I was the only one collecting tags, while the other four were all going for their hero's MOAB. Countless times I watched this one guy in my party run past a tag that was literally less than a metre off his path with no danger in sight.

 

So long story short, he gets his MOAB, the contdown begins, and I know Im usually host so I thought id teach him a lesson, hit the dash and listened to him rage, then quickly left the party of course...

 

Now many would see this as poor sportmanship, however I wouldnt say so, as that was not the first game we played in the session with them contributing absolutly nothing, and before that game began I said lets play TDM cause thaats all you guys are doing. It ruins Kill confirmed and im sick of it, to many people play kill confirmed to take advantage of an easier way to get moabs because of people like me who actually run around like headless chickens to collect those tags.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    TheAcidpiss

    90% of the time people who get MOABS are because they are playing with a team, but not playing as a team. WEIRD RIGHT?!?!?!?

    And the reason the other team gets MOABED is because they are not a team trying to play as a team. WEIRD RIGHT?!?!!??!  ILL DO THE MATHS!!!!!!!!!

     

    TEAM VS RANDOMS= Good chance of MOAB

    TEAM VS TEAM = Less chance of MOAB

    GOOD TEAM VS GOOD TEAM= No chance of MOAB

    GOOD TEAM VS RANDOMS= 99% chance of MOAB

     

    Playing the Objective or not playing its this simple.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    TheAcidpiss

    Yeah the score streak does sound good, but i still dont think it will stop people from doing the same thing they do now. Non stop objective runners always will have a low killstreak rate, the thing i think this will improve is them being able to get low killstreak rewards faster so they can counter the slayers bigger, yet slower earned KSR's. making the survivability of the slayers (me) lower And i think this is a good thing, Personaly i think the KSR's are to  strong and it should be focused on what it is, A FPS. I would be much happier if the rewards focused on your weapons perks ect. The only thing i will miss from MW3 is the specialist KSR

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

    Dashboarding is worse than not collecting tags.

     

    You lose!

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    trialstardragon

    Poor sportsmanship by no means. Excellent sportsmanship by every means. More people should do like you did. Maybe people would stop boosting for moabs and play the game. Maybe more people would stop thinking the moab is so special.

     

    I sign out of any match where a moab is earned regardless of which team I am on, the one that got it or the one that gave it away. I do not agree with any ksr like that existing in the game so will never stay in a match where one is gotten by any means.

     

    And when I sign out I hope and pray I am the host at that point too. Just so the person that camped/boosted/cheated/glitched their way to the moab feels the burn of its loss.

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      Noob_Lyncher

      Not picking up tags is boosting? I pick up tags all the time when playing with a team, but when I run solo those rare few times, i'm not going to risk my neck trying to rush out and grab every single tag I come across, just to get shot because idiot teammates. I generally make the kill and grab the tag if it's close enough. If it's farther away, and my team is sucking, i'll leave it, because if I get killed along with my teammates, i'm contributing to enemy killstreaks, which'll make it harder on me to make tags for my team to collect.

       

      But you say that you sign out of any MOAB match? Do you sign out of any Type 95/ACR/MP7 match too? It's not healthy to take a video game that seriously. I don't agree with people sitting in corners all game, but I don't sign out because of it.

      • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
        trialstardragon

        Nope I do not sign out of MP7, ACR, T95 matches because I have no problem with those guns and never have. I never once thought they were OP by any means. And yes I have them and have used them throughout my 10 prestiges to understand how well they work.

         

        Kill whoring in an Obj game though may not be boosting is no better then corner camping or doorway camping. The Moab was the worst thing to add to the game, just the like Nuke was in MW2. Maybe by the next game they will realize this and not add such a ksr in the game.

         

        I am not going to be free exp just because someone managed to get a 25 kill streak. Even if it is just one death.

         

        The Moab is nothing but the Nuke without its match ending effect. There should never be such a KSR in the game for all it does it cause boosting to get it.

         

        Usually when I play KC I go for any tag that I can see, red/gold does not matter. I end up with the highest score on the team 80% of the time because of this, with the most confirms and denies. I may not have the most kills, but then again I do not care about having the most kills if I gathered enough tags. I easily outscore the top killer in the lobby by doing this.

         

        In KC tags mean more than kills do since it is tags that help get the win(gold) or prevent the win(red)

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      IHerpIMyIDerp

      And when I sign out I hope and pray I am the host at that point too. Just so the person that camped/boosted/cheated/glitched their way to the moab feels the burn of its loss.

      Yeah because no one ever gets MOABs by running and gunning. That's impossible.

      • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
        trialstardragon

        Not impossible but far less than those gained through the means mentioned. Pretty much every Moab I have ever died to before I started to sign out was gotten not by someone run-n-gunning. And yes I do know this because I watched the replay of those matches. Out of every Moab I have ever seen only maybe 1/10 were not from campers/boosters/cheaters/glitchers the rest was. So by my choice I sign out and if host, too bad. Not going to care about it at that point.

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

      sorry but thats just pathetic. i agree that a retarded monkey could get a moab in a objective based game mode by kill whoring, but to dashboard every siingle time one is called in is down right a douche move. Im a huge objective player, and any flag that you see getting capped, you can pretty much guarantee ill be on it. So i only shoot for MOABS in TDM, thegame mode where kills actually matter. And youre telling me , that even though i earned my moab running around killing people, youre still going to dash, because youre that big of a sore loser?

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    obzi

    I say well done Daniel, if your going to play an objective game you should go for the objective and if they aren't then it's them who aren't showing sportsmanship.

     

    Games are being ruined because the kids just want a MOAB and if this happened to them on a regular basis then maybe they would stop.  It's a shame about the innocents in the game but I'm sure if I was playing with friends and they saw this was happening they would say pull the plug too.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    indy56

    how do one know if you are the host or not, i am sure this questioned has been asked and answered before but i am buggered if i can find it, cheers,

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      stevonub420

      Im guessing he was leader of the party? Then quit the game with the whole team going back to the menu screen? That is hilarious and well played. Kudos to you. Just this weekend there were 3 people that joined the lobby and started saying how they were gonna get 2 MOABS in the game etc... Real douchebag talk. I guess he wasn't counting on my clan being noobs. To his surprise after he started going negative in his k/d,I was fortunate enough to kill him and heard him telling his teammates "we aren't gonna get a MOAB here" soon after they all leave,making teams way uneven. Can't stand those players.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    zingaa

    I don't have a big problem with that, his intention was to get a MOAB and not get the win, so I'm glad you did it...

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    slayer0fg0d

    i see talk of sportsman like conduct all the time but all the top players try to spawn kill 24/7 domation is the worst for spawn traping or killing you think the company would do something but there not why would they they got another flop coming out in a month or so the sad part is you all think its going to be better but the sad truth is the servers are going to lagg the players are going to look for every glitch mod bot hack they can to get the advantage over the rest of us.cheaters cheat and nothing short of banning them perm will stop this... point and case i have friend has modded controler he got reset cause they said he boosted.. he stright up laffed cause he was like i can get back to lvl 80 perstige 1 in less then a day giving him all his guns back.. right back to cheating..why does this happen because the company has no anti cheating system player gets x head shots in short amount of time should be a clue.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    SitRepPro

    Top man!  I just might start playing KC again when I've rebuilt my old PC so I'll start capturing (I have theatre mode off) and create some MOAB fail montage on YT!11!!one

     

    It doesn't help where IW did not make it 25 confirmed kills.  It's a bit more difficult with Domination but I guess they could prevent people calling them in when they are losing.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    danielbondnz

    ....

     

    A great idea for how Kill confirmed should have worked is this,

     

    25 XP for the kill,

     

    75 XP for a tag.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

    Well done Daniel, you just ruined everyone's game because 1 player wasn't playing how you want him to. Some players don't need the XP so they fish their kill tags, put up Killstreaks, and concentrate on knocking the enemy off of their killstreaks.

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      TheSurgeon83

      2 things I'd like to say. I disagree with anyone who sets out to get a MOAB in objective game modes, and frequently deny people obviously trying for it. If I fail and they get it, I dashboard. It's happened twice on Domination recently, both times the other side were losing by a margin they couldn't come back from so the jackass doing it wasn't helping his team in any way, shape or form. However, sometimes people just get lucky. I've only had one and that was in face off 3v3 KC, I was playing with 2 mates and collecting tags, though towards the end when I realised I was in with a chance I started calling out the tag locations for them to pick up. I got the MOAB and we won the game by considerable margin. Sometimes people just get lucky, though it's usually obvious if they're trying for it.

      • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

        TheSurgeon83 wrote:

         

        2 things I'd like to say. I disagree with anyone who sets out to get a MOAB in objective game modes, and frequently deny people obviously trying for it. If I fail and they get it, I dashboard. It's happened twice on Domination recently, both times the other side were losing by a margin they couldn't come back from so the jackass doing it wasn't helping his team in any way, shape or form. However, sometimes people just get lucky. I've only had one and that was in face off 3v3 KC, I was playing with 2 mates and collecting tags, though towards the end when I realised I was in with a chance I started calling out the tag locations for them to pick up. I got the MOAB and we won the game by considerable margin. Sometimes people just get lucky, though it's usually obvious if they're trying for it.

        I also hate it when people use objective gametypes to killwhore, but dashboarding is worse.

         

        How would you have felt if someone finished your game for you when you was on your "lucky" streak?

        • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
          trialstardragon

          I can answer this one easily. I would not care. It has happened enough times that I no longer get mad or care about it. Since after all this is a just a game and those stats do not mean anything outside of the game. So there is no reason to get upset or mad about it. I just laugh at the fact that someone else did what I do too.

           

          If on a team getting destroyed because of either bad teammates, ksr hunters, or lag. I sign out. I am not going to ever care how it affected someone elses game, nor do I expect them to ever care about them doing same and how it may have affected my game.

           

          Chosing a Obj game mode to get a lucky streak is just stupid and proves how those lucky streaks really do not belong in the game to begin with.

          • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

            trialstardragon wrote:

             

            I can answer this one easily. I would not care. It has happened enough times that I no longer get mad or care about it. Since after all this is a just a game and those stats do not mean anything outside of the game. So there is no reason to get upset or mad about it. I just laugh at the fact that someone else did what I do too.

             

            I was asking the Surgeon how he would feel actually but ok.

             

            Your mantra about how it's just a game etc, is completely incongruent with the fact that you dashboard if someone isn't playing their game how you want them too. That sort of behaviour is more fitting to a spoilt child than a well balanced mature gamer who couldn't care less or get mad about a game.

            • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
              trialstardragon

              I am mature enough not to care yet alos mature enough to know they do not deserve the moab by trying to get it that way. So what the OP did was still fair play.

               

              Oh and another point, I do not care about the other players in the game if I ruin their fun. When I play a game I play for my own fun, not someone elses that I do not even know. But even I would not just go camp for kills for a moab like that. Getting a moab that way would be pathetic and nothing to brag or boast about or even to feel any bit proud about.

               

              The maob does not belong in the game and should be removed from most obj games because of how it ruins the game overall.

      • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
        Noob_Lyncher

        All I know is that if your team is winning, you can killwhore all you want, as long as you win the game.

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      SitRepPro

      COD_WIDOW wrote:

       

      Well done Daniel, you just ruined everyone's game because 1 player wasn't playing how you want him to. Some players don't need the XP so they fish their kill tags, put up Killstreaks, and concentrate on knocking the enemy off of their killstreaks.

       

      I suspect that he made other people chuckle who realised there was a MOAB hunter in the lobby.  If you want to go for MOABs without playing the objective then play FFA or do it in TDM.  The only reason why MOAB hunting is so popular in KC and Dom are because it's   easy to do and they can't do it in TDM.

       

      This is why I sometimes run support, so I can EMP games until the MOAB hunters get annoyed and leave.

      • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

        SitRepPro wrote:

         

        COD_WIDOW wrote:

         

        Well done Daniel, you just ruined everyone's game because 1 player wasn't playing how you want him to. Some players don't need the XP so they fish their kill tags, put up Killstreaks, and concentrate on knocking the enemy off of their killstreaks.

         

        I suspect that he made other people chuckle who realised there was a MOAB hunter in the lobby.  If you want to go for MOABs without playing the objective then play FFA or do it in TDM.  The only reason why MOAB hunting is so popular in KC and Dom are because it's   easy to do and they can't do it in TDM.

         

        This is why I sometimes run support, so I can EMP games until the MOAB hunters get annoyed and leave.

        I agree that people using KC etc, for easy MOABs are lame, but dashboarding is worse. I certainly don't "chuckle" when some tool dashboards a game that I am in.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    februarystars81

    Stay well clear of the the new MITD game mode then, it should basically be called MOAB mode

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

    I stand by your call, KC and Dom get taken advantage of all the time. If you know your not going to play the "team objective" and win the match on account of trying to be a hero and get a MOAB, then go play free for all. Im always on teams with records of 57-12 and 48-24 but we always seem to lose. For example, a fellow mate went 61-2 yesterday on 24/7 domination in dome and didn't get a Moab. We still lost with the whole other team going negative and my whole team going positive. So I ask, why do I play a team game when I got a bunch of Rambos tryin to call in nukes? It's disappointing on a team level.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    undzis

       the OP and trial are both douches.  I find it funny that you both dashboard and rage quite but think somehow your a mature gamer. lol As COD-Widow pointed out. You act like nothing more than spoiled kids ppl because they don't play their game the way you want. Grow up a little.

     

       Ever stop to think that their is more than one way to win in KC?  What's wrong with the strategy of 1-3 killers going for moabs? they are earning the team dbl xp.  While at the same time hold down a a place that you can spawn safely in. While the other 3 ppl run and gun and grab the tags the others drop. Seams like a legit strategy to me.

     

        Just because ppl don't play like you want. doesn't make them bad gamers or not doing the obj.  Keep in mind it is a team based objective game. Half of the obj is killing and the other half is getting the tags dropped.  So why cant the team be divided into 2 groups. each going for one part of the obj?

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      zvers

      Agreed. You need a mixture of strategies to be successful.

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      trialstardragon

      You are the douche here really. So nice point that out to everyone ya know, as if none here did not allready know that.

       

      Dxp means nothing since it does not help win the game mode. So a moab does not help the team, other then provide tags to be grabbed if anyone is near by to do so. But if no one is near to grab them, then it was a waste. Not everyone cares about getting the most xp per game. some do care more about winning the match.

       

      Saying they were protecting a spawn area is just dumb, you do not need the spawn area's protected in that game mode at all. If you think they do, they you really do not play KC that much to know the spawns move with the team. You do not just spawn in the same place even if 3 are holding down one area of the map. It can still randomly spawn you away from them, so there was no protection at all by them doing that.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    codchamp

    I think it is poor sportsmanship on your part. These guys were in your party. I would have at least waited for the game to end and left afterwards. I had something similar happen lastnight. i was playing in a party with a few i did not know. Bottom line, Myself and 2 more were doing the work in domination while they wanted kills. We won. I had a even K/D and i let these guys know what i thought of them and left afterwards.

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

      When people are being completely useless tools Ive stepped in. Never dashboarded, but since I play domination I can either triple cap in a game we are winning to end it faster, and/or flip the spawns and disrupt them. These guys typically feed off your rage anyways, best way to hit them where it hurts is by flipping spawns or finding away to end the game faster.

      Lot of people here seem to think MOABs in obj games are wrong. Ive gotten enough to fill my vault and then some, and won all but 2 or 3 of those games to boot. Hell, sometimes the MOAB is what let us lock up a very close game. I dont do it posted up in the other guys spawn, I do it by guarding the flags (an objective btw) since you can get a lot of kills there, and then once I hit 18 or so I take a lap around the map. Even when gaurding the flags I cant just sit still because if you dont shift around you start getting pre fired and nade spammed. This stratgey has worked with a solid team as well as a team of random idiots.

       

      The real skill is in anticipating what the other guys response to you killing him will be, and then put yourself one step ahead of him. In a sense I am always going for a MOAB in that I never want to die, but the response doesn't have to be autodouche.

       

      I had one of my own teammates trap me in the corner of a room near C on Lockdown (while reloading after a fight) despite the fact that we had 2 flags, I was defending one, and was moving all over my quadrant to stay ahead of these guys, who were non stop trying to bust in and flip us back to A. The fact that I was 20-0 had nothing to do with camping or not playing the objective, I was just fortunate that these guys were so hell bent on killing me that they kept giving me opportunities for kills that I capitalized on. I was pretty pissed about that, and justifiably so. Would have been my first AA12 MOAB.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    starbuckfrack

    danielbondnz wrote:

     

    ....

     

    Was just playing killed confirmed, I was partied up with some xbox friends, actually I was friends with one, the other 3 were friends of his.

     

     

    Any who I quickly realised I was the only one collecting tags, while the other four were all going for their hero's MOAB. Countless times I watched this one guy in my party run past a tag that was literally less than a metre off his path with no danger in sight.

     

    So long story short, he gets his MOAB, the contdown begins, and I know Im usually host so I thought id teach him a lesson, hit the dash and listened to him rage, then quickly left the party of course...

     

    Now many would see this as poor sportmanship, however I wouldnt say so, as that was not the first game we played in the session with them contributing absolutly nothing, and before that game began I said lets play TDM cause thaats all you guys are doing. It ruins Kill confirmed and im sick of it, to many people play kill confirmed to take advantage of an easier way to get moabs because of people like me who actually run around like headless chickens to collect those tags.

    Find better freinds with an interest to at LEAST play the objective

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
    vims1990

    Personally, I would have approached the situation differently but I'm not going to call you out on what you did. I respect your decision.

     

    I despise players who get MOAB's but not PTFO. Losing just makes it worse. I wouldn't be proud of getting a MOAB in an objective game mode and end up losing due to my selfishness of getting a MOAB.

     

    Also, the clan I invited you to are mostly objective players. If you're looking for a party, just send those guys a message. Bunch of good guys/gals to party up & I can ensure they win alot.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

    The same happened to me on Kill Confirmed. Two players called in a M.O.A.B. from different teams on Arkaden two days ago then the same two players joined in today on Village and did the same thing. I hope something gets done by this!

     

    Their names were AJaZe and WhiteM8!

    • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why
      SitRepPro

      Danni_av wrote:

       

      The same happened to me on Kill Confirmed. Two players called in a M.O.A.B. from different teams on Arkaden two days ago then the same two players joined in today on Village and did the same thing. I hope something gets done by this!

       

      Their names were AJaZe and WhiteM8!

       

      What do you expect IW to do?  They lacked foresight by not making the MOAB 25 confirmed kills.  Perhaps it was even intended.  The MOAB is featured in  Barebones, you know, the game mode that is supposed to not have killstreaks.  If IW made the MOAB 25 confirmed kills, and all other killstreaks counted for confirmed kills, I suspect it won't be as a popular game mode as it is now.

  • Re: Just Dash boarded on a mate who called in a M.O.A.B, heres why

    sounds like jealousy to me.