43 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2012 10:16 AM by TMBI RSS

Why feed the camper?

scotland-rules

I do camp sometimes I will admit this, I can play multiple game styles, whether it be run and gun or holding down an objective or whatever. I can do them all to some reasonably good extent.

 

I often find myself wondering why people throw themselves at campers and attempt to get the "Revenge" kill.

 

So my question  is....why? Why throw yourself at camper to get one kill but die anywhere up to 3-8 times attempting to kill a camper.

 

Sure a non smart camper can die pretty quickly within 1 or two attempts at trying to kill him, but a smart camper, one who holds an area and changes corners or even locations.

 

So I always ask myself, why go for the revenge kill so often?

 

Why no just avoid the area for a few minutes and just carry on with the game.

 

(Please don't answer with "I pull out 'x' explosive and he is dead because most smart campers can avoid it and or use things like trophy systems and specialist with things like sit rep and blast shield)

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    monkeylord

    scotland-rules wrote:

     

    (Please don't answer with "I pull out 'x' explosive and he is dead because most smart campers can avoid it and or use things like trophy systems and specialist with things like sit rep and blast shield)

    You've answeard you're own question if they have trophy system and holed up where you're better off taking them from out side that'll involve more than 1 run, if it's a laggy round thats another reason for more than 2 runs.

    Also there's the good old fashioned learning curve you rinse and repeat so next time you can take them down quicker not everything is based around rage or revenge sometimes it's just good old fashioned seeing what does and doesn't work.

    Also depending on the lane of traffic and how long the camper has been there others may assume the camper has been removed already so get caught out again as I said assuming it's down to just rage or revenge is very short sighted.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?

    For me ,I go for campers because alot of the times it's some douche trying to get a MOAB and not doing anything towards the obj.. If I can prevent that then great,pissing him off is just a bonus. That's my reason for it.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    ghamorra

    Because everyone hates campers and dispises them. Dying by a camper means that (from the community's perspective) someone lesser than you beat you. That doesn't sit well with all the egotistical fvcks that plague the game. If someone goes 1-20 agaisnt a camper they're the king of the world and proved that their better (again, from the community's perspective)

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      monkeylord

      Yeah it's totally nothing to do with learning how to clear out areas so next time you don't have the same trouble, your right it totally has to be a superiority thing weird how it's always the campers who refer to "Rage" and "revenge" whilst ignoring the fact most campers hide out picking up cheap kills off the mid to heavy used lanes of traffic leaving the choice ignore and mid point have some corner hugger nab an MOAB which ends with half you're team quitting out or instead eating 3-4 deaths and cutting them off and shutting them down there's nothing like the "rage" you hear when a camper is shut down mid-KS...but yeah your answear makes way more sense.

      • Re: Why feed the camper?
        ghamorra

        I'm just telling you what I experience, I can't speak for every incident. I camp high traffic areas picking up objectives when needed but for the most part I provide support via sniper or some other form of long range weapon

         

        When people realize where I am they will continuously come for me. After the 3rd or 4th death they start to rage and b*tch me out for the 3secs I can hear them. They'll kill me couple times but not before I take them out multiple times

         

        People want to talk bad about campers not playing the objective, at least they're getting kills. What about the rushers who ignore the objective to get the camper that killed them. They're doing more harm by feeding killstreaks

        • Re: Why feed the camper?
          monkeylord

          ghamorra wrote:

           

          People want to talk bad about campers not playing the objective, at least they're getting kills. What about the rushers who ignore the objective to get the camper that killed them. They're doing more harm by feeding killstreaks

          ~Damn~ no sarcasm intended but that just shut me down lol that there is no defending as i'm an objective whore. Although I will say on KC and HQ it's possible to do both and that is the small defense I can muster.

          Sure some seem to get sucked up into the "rage" which I honestly don't understand but I know i've eaten more than 3 deaths when i've come across a good camper or a couple working together but rage was the furthest thing from my mind I more just try to learn the best way to shake people out of an area and sometimes that requires just re-running at them trying out different routes/equipment or explosives.

          • Re: Why feed the camper?
            ghamorra

            I fail to see the point in going after a camper though. It's a major dilemma on their end when you ignore them

             

            1. No one comes your way, you move out of your comfort zone and finally face the world and all its dangers that you're not familiar with

             

            2. No one comes your way so you sit their doing absolutely nothing while your team is outnumbered and getting their assess kicked

             

            The best thing you can do is just let them be and focus on the mission at hand. You'll die a lot less, focus on the objective more, and overall be less stressed out (maybe)

            • Re: Why feed the camper?
              monkeylord

              ghamorra wrote:

               

              I fail to see the point in going after a camper though. It's a major dilemma on their end when you ignore them

               

              1. No one comes your way, you move out of your comfort zone and finally face the world and all its dangers that you're not familiar with

               

              2. No one comes your way so you sit their doing absolutely nothing while your team is outnumbered and getting their assess kicked

               

              The best thing you can do is just let them be and focus on the mission at hand. You'll die a lot less, focus on the objective more, and overall be less stressed out (maybe)

              I play mostly with randoms on KC and when there's a really good camper who moves the bare minimum, what i've noticed is they'll be at least 2 who re-charge the camper and they don't even bother with explosives and you'll just keep seeing their arrows disappear.

              The tags draw in the rest of my team so then suddenly there's 4 people hanging around this area where they are eating deaths but wont use what it takes to get the job done for instance the noobtube which then inturn attract the enemy into areas where the lay of the land+spawns are in their favour.

              If it gets to that stage the tag gap may get to much to bridge so it rapidly becomes a choice of either ignore it and give up thoese tags that are out in the open or get rid of the camper and retake controll of the map by respawning my team where I need them.

              The best way for myself to practice this is by treating every camper I see like they're god and go after them it just gets me ready for thoese rounds where you hit a clan and you just know 2 are gonna be on the outer edge whilst 4 move about the the map.

              As an objective whore i've learnt to relly on just myself to multi-task so I try and herd my team towards the more popular camping spots making sure once any campers are flushed out that they find it much harder to reset up camp.

              As for the stress it honestly doesn't come to that for me as I like to round out all aspects of my game and you never know when that area you've just dug someone out of might come in handy. Plenty of times i've survived 4 people chasing me purelybecause I remember a spot nearby I saw some dude hold for a few kills so I hustle over and drop down long enough to shake them then re-engage where I need to.

      • Re: Why feed the camper?

        Here is what I never get about your dislodging a camper theory. You say you're willing to eat 3-4 deaths. You have 5 other teammates. What if they all eat 3-4 deaths as well? That's a MOAB, or damn close to it. Not all campers are running specialist so your mentality of continually coming back could easily result in a Pavelow or other high KS.

         

        I guess my point is your mentality of continually coming back is exactly what the camper wants you to do. You coming back multiple times suicide rushing the camper is only adding got their killstreak.

         

        I have to go with ghamorra here, the easiest and most effective way to shut down a camper is to leave then alone. When I camp I'm holding down 1/4 to 1/3 of the map. That's a large portion of the map your safe from my reach, and I assume most campers operate in a similar fashion.

        • Re: Why feed the camper?
          monkeylord

          DBL28 wrote:

           

          Here is what I never get about your dislodging a camper theory. You say you're willing to eat 3-4 deaths. You have 5 other teammates. What if they all eat 3-4 deaths as well? That's a MOAB, or damn close to it. Not all campers are running specialist so your mentality of continually coming back could easily result in a Pavelow or other high KS.

           

               Yeah but thats the thing I come across campers every single round pretty much and yet barely see any high end kill streaks as now I know where and to hit the areas.

          Take your area on village it works not because people feed you but more the fact you cover a decentchunk that takes in 2-3 different routes of traffic you get a kill or 2 move on nab another kill or 2 then run back and keep repeating. You succeed in grabbing an MOAB not because people tried to get you but because people ignore the fact a camper is there.

          Seriously dude you may find this hard to beleive but I do watch whatever clips you put up from start to end and I saw how you evolved you used to sit behind the car but you would get flushed out alot because people could rush you so you edged back.

          Just like the stair route you take on resistance it involves a stream of kills that the enemy don't put together in their head they think "Oh he's only killed me 1-2 times no worries" or "Can't be the same guy he was down there before" or even worse "Well he can't be building up to anything because campers don't move"

          The don't see that campers have lines of travel otherwise they'd never get anywhere once spawned in. Most don't remember names of the people who just killed more location of the person who did the killing.

          Also most campers use speacialist I can't say why but it's holding true at the momnet the guys who hit MOABs do it out of the blue.

          Good campers (don't let it go to your head lol) who are after kills simply leave you no choice but to engage they will always pick areas that have a steady flow of traffic be it due to spawn or general overall flow.

          Bad campers pick a corner where the odd kill will happen good campers will always make sure there is a steady stream of kills that put them in very little real danger.

          I'm surprised you asked this question watch your clip you popped up on here for your villiage MOAB and you'll see most of your kills against people on their way somewhere else not trying to dig you out.

          Like the maxim goes know thy enemy and to beat campers you have to understand 1 simple thing they very rarely pick a spot where you can avoid them the entire game, they judge their spots by how many kills they can get there, minimum amount of exposure and ease of getting back to.

          Campers will have a couple of quick to travel routes that'll take them back to where they like to camp from each spawn.

          There is no sucicide rush  trust me thats an urban legend merely re-gauging distance and homing in on you I can only speak for myself as i've yet to be gifted with the ability to mind read but I run recon pro so even splash damage puts you on the map after that it's just a case of snapping the trap closed and getting my ass where it's needed it's the reason I "spam" support everything about my class setups is about keeping me off the map and putting everyone on the enemy onto the map.

          In KC dying means squat I re-run the same route and manage to re-grab my tag and on my mini-map is an arrow showing me where a pre-injured dude is, my mrs runs the blind eye and stinger half of the equation so that frees me up to hunt out the campers.

          Trust me on this ignore a camper who is set up right and ignore them they'll still hit Pavelows and all the other junk difference is by the time they hit that it's to late to dig them out so hit them hard and hit them fgast because by going loud you're stopping them killing as much as they should.

          A good run and gunner notes where his team is on the map and comes at the camper from the opposite direction making sure they're focused in that direction seriously dude one of the best things you can do with C4 is use it as a 1 man breaching team chuck it up and over by a door on the opposite side detonate it they 90% will turn towards it allowing you to steam in. Thats why recon is the best perk in the game it turns you into a walking blackbird and nothing in core is more dangerious than being lit up as an arrow on the minimap that mini map will let you excactly where they are and even if they're standing,crouching or full prone.

          Also the mind set of rusher doesn't allow them to just win they want to kill everything on the map pure and simple and show their dominance by going where ever they like. 

          Wow that was a lot of text sorry there's bound to be a few errors i'll try and tidy it up/shrink it a bit.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?

    the only people who have problems with campers are run and gunners. run and gunners expect to have every player playing how they play, but there are also defensive players. there are players that do not tend to grab the flag (in CTF) but rather protect theirs. these players are not campers, they are defenders

     

    A camper is someone who hides in a corner in some random place normally going negative, ultimatley doing nothing for the team

     

    defenders  also pick up  where run and gunners left off, meaning if a R&G player is running the flag back but gets killed, the defensive player  should be there to kill any enemys going after there flag to bring back, and also the defensive player brings the flag the remaining distance for the cap

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      ghamorra

      So often campers are labeled for the 5sec killcam that the other person sees. There's so much more to camping than people realize. Shame too, having a camper on the team is more beneficial than having a team full of rushers. It's hard to cap a flag when yours is being securely possessed by the enemy with a couple smart campers

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      cee_time_62

      ERROR_6_ wrote:

       

      the only people who have problems with campers are run and gunners. run and gunners expect to have every player playing how they play,

       

      A camper is someone who hides in a corner in some random place normally going negative, ultimatley doing nothing for the team

       

       

      statement 1 total BS  i'm a ragman i dont expect anybody 2 play my style and where do ppl get this myth from?

       

      statement 2 now that's true that's why i dislike campers whether on my side or against you because they always let the enemy walk right through and your the easy kill

       

       

      not trying to cause an arguement

       

      DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

      • Re: Why feed the camper?
        ghamorra

        cee_time_62 wrote:

         

        statement 1 total BS  i'm a ragman i dont expect anybody 2 play my style and where do ppl get this myth from?

         

        You're just a small portion of the community. I've played against numerous rushers who swear up and down I was camping/hiding when I blind-sided them for an easy kill.

         

        They of all people should know how wreckless running non-stop is. All it takes is looking left when you should have looked right. Imagine how many times you have to decide left or right during the course of a life. You're not going to pick the right answer half the time

         

        Amazingly it seems people on this game don't grasp that concept. They feel they're perfect and if they choose to look left there better be a guy there oblivious to them. And if the guys on the right then they must be camping

        • Re: Why feed the camper?
          cee_time_62

          i like my style of play and  i never get abused for it....... now if i'm playing objective based games then that's different as my team mates come 1st .............but as i mostly TDM then i think it does'nt really matter how you play

           

           

          DON'T WORRY BE

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    wridtrvlr

    I will go back for a camper a few times, but if he keeps winning the gun fights I remove myself from that area of the map for a while and go find his buddies.  It makes no sense to die even 3 times by the same guy, even when trying for that revenge kill.

     

    Wise up, flank the entire map, and shoot him in the back!! 

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      monkeylord

      Yeah but on most modes thoese deaths are easier to recover and it's best to eat a few extra deaths whilst learning just where that sweet spot is for the RPG rather than give up on a route you know will net more kills. Rather than break away on a route where you'll mostly be non-active for the time it takes to flank and you've got to chuck in how often the randoms you're with will feed the camper whilst you're on the way there.

      If the campers distracted by you harassing him then it gives the randos you're with a shot  to clear him out. I don't mind giving up a KS to the enemy as most choose user controlled ones and even the time it takes to drop a predator can buy you the time to dig them out everything else thats what stingers are for.

      • Re: Why feed the camper?
        phxs72

        I think that you've hit it on the head.  The reason to feed or not feed the camper depends on your personal objective.  Are you trying to maximize your kd?  Or are you trying to become a better player like Monkeylord said and aren't too worried about taking a few deaths if you learn something?  Sure there are plenty of good reasons not to feed the camper but we learn more from failures than we do from successes.  So if your goal is to learn more quickly then you just might have to do some feeding.  I fed a whole lot of campers on purpose when I first started playing the game and it shortened my learning curve immensely.  Now I can easily rout out most campers but it took taking some deaths along the way to figure out how best to approach them.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?

    I always find it amusing when someone calls me a camper and tell me how much I suck. Yes, I didn't move a ton, but explain to me why that means I suck when you were dumb enough to keep running back

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      MrZombieClowns

      Especially when the strategy works for you and your team wins I assume.

       

      Another one that baffles me; If my team decides to camp, and we win, ofcourse we get called a bunch of campers. The brief conversation goes something like this.

       

      THEM: You all a bunch of campers! Thats all you did was camp! You suck! You don't know how to play the game etc.etc.

       

      ME: But, we won? our strategy prevailed.

       

      THEM: Yea, you only won because you camped.

       

      ME: OK, you were camping too.

       

      THEM: We were only camping because you were camping.

       

      ME: So...If we won because we camped, why didn't you win because you camped?

       

      PS. If by community definition a camper: Puts themselves in a position to receive as little threat to self as possible, while maintaining a clear view to high traffic areas in an attempt to rack up as many cheap/ easy kills as possible.

       

      Then next time you're killed by a player controlled unit, ac-130, predator missle, etc...Make sure to call them a camper, I believe that fits the description.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    Dalt0nRains

    Yeah you got retards who take the same route over and over to kil the person that killed them. It's called Go the back way. Hey it might take longer but at least don't feed them a M.O.A.B.

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      monkeylord

      So I take it every round there's campers you see an MOAB ? hmmm guess not

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      phxs72

      I was camping once on the opening route for Dome at the bunker looking into the dome and got a good 8 or 9 kills in a row before someone had the common sense to flank around my back.  I knew that I would get killed from behind because I had been there so long but they just kept rushing out of the dome to get me.  So I ran my killstreaks and gladly took that one death.  I prefer to run and gun but if they were going to be so kind as to give me all of those free kills then I was happy to oblige.

      • Re: Why feed the camper?
        monkeylord

        phxs72 wrote:

         

        I was camping once on the opening route for Dome at the bunker looking into the dome and got a good 8 or 9 kills in a row before someone had the common sense to flank around my back.  I knew that I would get killed from behind because I had been there so long but they just kept rushing out of the dome to get me.  So I ran my killstreaks and gladly took that one death.  I prefer to run and gun but if they were going to be so kind as to give me all of those free kills then I was happy to oblige.

        Think about the average spawn pattern chuck in how the map flows and just how much you can see from that spot and it's easy to figure why you can get thoese kills it's nothing to with a camper engaging in a glorious holding pattern more the fact from spawn in you've got 2 choices go 1 direction where 3-5 of the enemy are waiting or go towards the spot where 1 person is and roll the dice on breaking through then ending up behind the enemy getting a shed loads of kills.

        It's basic survival taking on one where you have a very good idea of where he is is better than going against 5 unknowns. Seriously I can't be the only one that thinks that way?

        • Re: Why feed the camper?
          phxs72

          That's why I run that opening route.  I know that my back is covered for a few seconds anyway and either I'm going to engage the enemy to my advatage or I'm going to get behind them and engage them on the other side of the Dome.  Either way I've got a pretty good situation.  If I'm playing DOM and spawn B and C side, I'll either grab a flag or rush to the A side and catch them running to B.  It just depends on my loadout at the time and my confidence in my team to get B and C capped without me.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    monkeylord

    I feel like i'm going insane how can you ignore a person who has set themselves up so they are picking off people on a lane of traffic? Campers are not these guys who are destroying people whilst holding a spot the moment 2 people rush them from slightly different areas they go down which is why there isn't MOABs,pavelows,reapers every round but you can bet a pound to a penny that there's gonna be a camper.

    Serious lack of logic behind the question/debate even when campers openly say they pick spots that over look certain chunks of the map that'll bring in the kills they can't seem to equate how ignoring isn't an option unless you want to have an MOAB every single round.

    Unless of course there's a camper who'll explain how they choose a spot where they'll only get a kill if someone rushes them.

    Seriously people lets at least try to apply even the smallest smidgen of logic in COD you're either the aggressor (run and gunner) or you're the defender (camper)  even the map layouts take this into account.

    Do you think it's accident that there are funnels on every single map with ambush areas set up? or the fact these ambush areas are always flawed in someway? or the fact cover pushes rushers in a certain direction to gain maximum protection while moving COD revolves around a mix of campers/run and gunners engaging each other.

    Rushers do change their routes to take into account camp spots and guess what the campers then switch their spots it's the cycle of COD campers find areas to hold rushers find ways to breach them once it becomes common knowledge how to breach these areas campers move onto new spots.

    There is no ignoring campers due to where they put themselves to suggest or even think otherwise shows a hole in your stratigic thinking. To ignore an enemy who will gain a steady stream of kills due to travel routes is the real stupid thing to do.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    BanHaMMer

    scotland-rules wrote:

     

    I do camp sometimes I will admit this, I can play multiple game styles, whether it be run and gun or holding down an objective or whatever. I can do them all to some reasonably good extent.

     

    I often find myself wondering why people throw themselves at campers and attempt to get the "Revenge" kill.

     

    So my question  is....why? Why throw yourself at camper to get one kill but die anywhere up to 3-8 times attempting to kill a camper.

     

    Sure a non smart camper can die pretty quickly within 1 or two attempts at trying to kill him, but a smart camper, one who holds an area and changes corners or even locations.

     

    So I always ask myself, why go for the revenge kill so often?

     

    Why no just avoid the area for a few minutes and just carry on with the game.

     

    (Please don't answer with "I pull out 'x' explosive and he is dead because most smart campers can avoid it and or use things like trophy systems and specialist with things like sit rep and blast shield)

     

    Because campers are hungry litte buggers

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    rlbl

    (wall of text warning)

     

    When I play... I consider 3 things:

     

    1 - the game mode

    2 - the map

    3 - the style of play the other team is using.

     

    Some maps, I start knowing full well I am gonna camp (sometimes I never move from 1 spot and pick off people trying to get to me... works very well when playing with a team with mics... as I cover one side and let them know when my flank is compromised).  And yeah I am that guy who put up a reaper and a pavdelow/ac130 because you fed me.

     

    But...

     

    If the game mode/map does not suit it, or even the other team is out smarting me: I would put on my SMG classes and move around the map (often picking off the people thinking I am still camping).

     

    In short... I could be that guy you are yelling in your mic at.  Nobody (and I mean nobody) likes to get outsmarted by the player using a style that the community frowns upon (mostly because because they cannot deal with the player who beat them using a tactic that is supposedly beneath them).

     

    To the people who "think" they hate campers: realize that not everyone is going to be running around all over the place. Some people are going to be stationary looking out a window (these are easy kills); but some are smart and playing tactfully taking advantage of people running past them and then trying to kill them...

     

    Once you accept that, you will stop complaining about things you CANNOT change... and you WILL stop feeding the camper.

     

    Like I always (well used to always) say: If you can't kill a camper, who is the lesser skilled?

     

    Happy Gaming/Just Saying

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      monkeylord

      rlbl wrote:

       

      And yeah I am that guy who put up a reaper and a pavdelow/ac130 because you fed me.

       

      Sorry to say dude but you've just proved my point all you see is campers crowing "Oh I put an ac130 63 times and had 45 moabs im so awesome"

      What I see is a selfish attitude that gives a big FU to any concept of team work. How can you be "Tactical masters" When you choose 1 medi-core kill streak over a kill streak like the osprey gunner which drops 4 really good packages whilst being a chopper gunner at the same time really helping out your team?.

      But nah screw that it's all about me thats what most campers do the really good ones lerarn why run assualt when specialist gets you there faster? the other great ones that are hard to shift are the ones who genuinly want the team to win so gauge where they work best and don't see the sense in leaving.

      The best run and gunners think excactly the same thing they just know that they work better moving rather than when people know where they are so they know they're going to die so think about he team and make their death mean as much as possible. Recon and KC has been great for run and gunners and it rewards us for nailing our routes better.

      Nothing says it better you called in AC130s and all that other "cool" stuff and yet the game became mopre BS than fun so you traded it in me who maybe remembers to call in my EMP played 950+ hours with all the same BS still look forward to a game everyday and it'll be the same for BLOPs 2.

      The truth is we have accepted we're gonna have to die to win but campers don't believe we have. And when you're gonna die you may as well have as much fun as you can

      • Re: Why feed the camper?
        rlbl

        never said I was awesome

         

        Just saying when I do put up a AC130, it is likely because people on the other team played into me (I am not that ood of a RAGer to get high kills streaks (did I not say I was not awesome?).  And this mode of play does not work in KC as an example... but it does work in Domination (sometimes).

         

        Again, it is the game mode that dictates. If we are talking TDM, KC etc... I agree with you monkey, but some games do not require one to keep running back and forth across the map.

         

        My point is: If you see everyone going to the left, you are more likely to be successful going to the right.  People who feed the campersa re the ones who complain about them. People who know how to deal with, deal with them.

         

        Just saying.

         

        (and I think my stats - yeah I know I am not big on stats - prove I go for the win, and not for the killstreaks)

        • Re: Why feed the camper?
          monkeylord

          rlbl wrote:

           

          nevber said I was awesome

           

          just saying when I do put up a AC130, it is likely because people on the team played into me.

          And I didn't say otherwise although i'd assume anyone bringing up "oh I nailed an AC130 " isn't saying "oh I had a bad round" although I could be wrong? I just pointed out the standard camper chooses the selfish KS over one of the most helpfull. This isn't about skill/ego it's about holes in a style that isn't as effective as people make out unless the enemy is dumb.

          Campers make out it's one thing when for most it's really not true they just want a big kill streak that aids only them they are the selfish players who will most likely add very little beyond a lull in points being scored but hey they get an AC130 ~Boom~ now the spawns are screwed and the enemy get put just where they are needed meaning rushers now have huge gouts of flame to charge through.

          • Re: Why feed the camper?
            rlbl

            Ok I see what you are saying... but I put that up when playing domination (which is very helpful... at least how I use it).

             

            When I know I am gonna camp (when I choose to play dom with a sniper) I pick the kill streaks that do help the team (which are the  high ones that I can defend flags at a distance).

             

            Somehow I think we are (and are not) saying the same thing. Remember, my philosophy is game mode dependant.  I never use high kills treaks in KC or TDM:

             

            1 - I have a hard getting them because I do not camp in those game modes (typically)

            2 - Because What is the point in piloting a reaper when I shoudl be getting tags

             

            If I was not such a run and gunner my KD would have started out positive on my prestiging trek (remember I am not awesome, and only went for kills and tags with specialist to level)

             

            I think we understand what each other is saying... and yes not everyone thinks like we do.

             

            (and on your point about dumb enemies - that was my 3rd point of consideration in original remark... I do not camp vs players who can think past simply getting a revenge kill)

            • Re: Why feed the camper?
              monkeylord

              Yeah good  DOM  play requires lock down 2 points screw the 3rd just capture and hold. HQ capture then camp close by to the objective but many run and only cover one small lane of travel how many times have you watched the final defender let people wonder in? Even outnumbered he could've put one down but instead chooses to live to get a predator that kind of camping sucks as it provides no really value.

              There's stratigic camping where the objective is being covered/re-captured and then there's kill whore where it's just about looking good by getting an MOAB/KD that brings a team down.

              Rushers VS Stratigic Campers in my humble opinion is what COD is about some like to charge while others like to defend neither is more right or wrong than the other but there is a new I can't beleive I wrote bread I mean breed of player who's just in it for 1 number and doesn't give 2 craps about the team or even winning they really can't see that in objective modes killing someone 50 times mostly means crap if the enemy knows how to play objective.

              If your gonna camp at least maximise your team points rather than personal points

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    ririgarcia

    Good day to all. I live in mexico and i play alot and most of the time i´m camping and the reason is because in mexico we have the worst internet in the world owned by richest man in the world (carlos slim) and that a is big disadvantage for us because of the laging, no desrespect to anyone but i whish i could play only with people of mexico so things would be even. We have no chance against people from the US and other countrys, us people from mexico are just as good players as anybody but we just don´t have the right internet. Thx and i wish you all a very good day.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?

    Why do I go for the revenge kill? Because most campers never see it coming.

     

    Honestly, I like running, but if need be I can dig in and out-camp a camper, so I've learned their spots. It's easily predictable.

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    TRUEHAWAIIAN

    ive got good camper cleaning weapons, grenade launcher , semtex, javelin, smaw..i know you said not to say explosives, but phuq it. its the truth, you wanna camp and pick off my team with me in the lobby..prepare to get blown up. wether your defending an objective i need or just a corner camping little bitc#, i'll get you on the 2nd try via emp grenade and an explosive. dont care if im called any kind of names, its a war situation with lots of weapons to use. i paid for it i'll use it. you dont like getting blown up ? then BDFO

    • Re: Why feed the camper?

      Most people I see camping don't use a trophy system, so your explosives are highly effective.

       

      Most hilarious thing I've seen is a tact insert in a corner being guarded by a claymore. Placed a C4 by the insert, killed the guy, double-tapped X on my way out and watched the double kill appear in the feed.

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      TRUEHAWAIIAN

      another way is flanking their position and tbagging his ass after you killem..campers dont really get under my skin because they arent objctive players..snipers always lose..im in it to win it, dont care if once in a great while i go negetive kdr to win..a high kdr aint $#iT w/o the win...ive run across a lot of players with high kdr but negetive w/l, which means they're not team players and pretty much guarantees me a win...

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

    if i'm in an area and happen to kill three or four people, i KNOW they are gonna come for me. THEN i kinda-sorta camp (i rush most of the time. i have no patience). i only do this because i know they will be coming for me and i can rack up a few free kills until someone gets out the RPG. the LOLs are worth the camping for me. then, i respawn and go about my rushing again.

     

    good times.

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      rlbl

      exactly

    • Re: Why feed the camper?
      wridtrvlr

      Been trying to complete the "counter C4" challenge for a little bit now.  That requires throwing of the c4 and literally camping it to get a kill. 

       

      Anywho, I got caught in the kill cam staring at my c4 waiting for someone to run through the tunnel into the market area (in Seatown).  I heard someone from behind firing bullets, so I got up, turned to see an enemy flanking, got the kill, got the tag, and ended the match. 

       

      Boy did I get some camper screams for that one!!  They could care less that I was trying to acheive the challenge. 

  • Re: Why feed the camper?
    TMBI

    I´m a feeder, lol!

    The reason why, is, that I do play Domination most of the time - and "smart"-campers do change their positions so I´m feeding them unintentionally...cause I always try another way to get back on my track...

     

    But, anyway: I do not understand the intention to play as a camper!

    What is the benefit and fun by sitting in a corner all the match and wait for enemies to pass by?

    It sounds quite boring to me - isn´t it?!

     

    Some say that CoD MW3 is supporting the campers with it´s map-design. I do think, that this is not true at all. The truth is that MW3 is supporting the campers with the perks to make them become "invisible"! Anyway: camping only makes sense, if you´re not visible on the radar and UAV/Predator...

     

    Joining in an match full of campers finally is dead boring  - and bothering.

    Everyone is pussyfooting through the map, hiding everywhere and the time passes by with a minimum of dead players. The game/match is dead instead!

     

    So the only way to put those matches back to life is to try to kick those campers in their lazy back sides! Run 'n Gun intensely might help to blow them off their hideouts permanently!

    Anyway: In Domination kills do not play the leading role to win a match...