13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 1:28 PM by MassFury RSS

Another sniper rant

nflfenatic

I just finished up a session of Kill confirmed and there seemed to be a lot of snipers in the normal sniping spots. Thing is they never collect tags. So even though they may end up with a lot of kills they don't get alot of points or help their team much. Hence they kept losing bad but if it was tdm they would be kicking our butts. So what is the point of that style of play. I thought you play to win the game. Maybe someone knows different but I never see anyones k/d on kill confirmed so why would you even care about it on that game. Just try to keep it around 1 and collect tags and you win. Earlier I was playing drop zone and similar things were happening. These were 3 matches that were slaughters in score we held them to under 1000 each game. They weren't taking the zones not only that once you were in the drop zone you were fairly safe as only 1 or 2 of them would even press it. The rest of their team seemed to hangout in on the other side of the map trying to get people spawning.  I was only 18 kills twice and 20 once but I was the top overall scorer each game with over 4000 pts just by holding the drop zone and getting share packages. After the 3rd match their whole team bailed. Again if this was tdm we would have gotten it handed to us. There were a few players on my team taking it in the shorts so to speak with a ton of deaths. Drop zone is a community playlist you can't even check the lobby leaderboard so who cares about the stats on that game. By the way heres a tip I learned, I play drop zone to get my perks to pro. Works great for most of them. Won't help with hardline cause there are no kill streaks. You can change them around. You need ghost pro there are so many planes and choppers up there. Every 15 seconds another care package is dropped. Every game will have several ims's for sitrep pro and alot of tact. insertions to destroy. Lots of running for extreme conditioning. When your on the drop zone alot of grenades fly in for blast shield pro. Recon is easy because people pile up on the drop zone you just let em fly on your way in frags, sems, and flash or conc. Even your noob tube. Assasin pro is easy too because there is a ton of uav's in the care packages. Just a thought, it works well for me. I try to get all the perks to pro for the xp. I am still prestigeing.

• Re: Another sniper rant
    SitRepPro

With respect to KC you can killwhore using any weapon, not just snipers.  A party of six may wish to designate a sniper in KC for tactical reasons.  As for DZ, if a sniper is preventing the enemy team from reaching the drop zones, and thus helping  teammates secure the care packages, then they are playing the objective that way.

nflfenatic

I did not say it was a sniper in drop zone. It was almost their whole team. And their tactic didn't work very well. The most they scored in the 3 games was 1700ish. I see what your saying though on KC with regards to a team but if everyone is solo then they are just killwhoreing, right, I am not talking about the ones running around. I may not have really even noticed it but I kept getting my own tags. No tact ins.

JonF

Yeah its mostly quickscopers in drop zone, its full of them becuase they know where the objective players will be running from...and some are pretty good at it lol. I see tons of people spinning of stuff for the perfect trick shot too. If you havent played terminal on drop zone, its just a pure quick scope fest. I'll always leave the lobby if its terminal as I prefer to run and gun and play the objective and terminal is virtually impossible.

I think playing drop zone against the constant high numbers of quick scopers improves your game though because you have to improve your reactions when you see them. Stalker is brilliant at dodging them. Also, your definately right about getting pro perks in DZ, its so easy.

I havent found it too bad on other game modes, I find there is a balance between campers and runners, snipers and gunners etc. You might get the odd bad lobby but you always get that.

Blame Zizgriz w/e his name is He made All Public Match cods Quickscoping

Again, quick scoping is completely garbage. If you can't do it in real life, then it shouldn't be allowed in the game. I played 24/7 Domination in dome where i encountered a quick scooper. I used my usual, gold ACR suppressed with extended mags, lit this kid up with 3/4 of a clip and he quick scoped me. What's hard to swallow about this is on the kill cams, it never ever looks like they hit you.  In my opinion, it's another way for IW to make the game "fair", when in all actuality, its more or less just making fans and good players say "why am I playing this game? I'm clearly better than these punks and there always seems to be something that stops my kill streak" activision needs to stop going for popularity and start thinking skill levels when it comes to the Call of Duty series. It really isn't fair anymore!!!!!!

SitRepPro

MassFury wrote:

Again, quick scoping is completely garbage. If you can't do it in real life, then it shouldn't be allowed in the game. I played 24/7 Domination in dome where i encountered a quick scooper.

I used my usual, gold ACR suppressed with extended mags, lit this kid up with 3/4 of a clip and he quick scoped me...and start thinking skill levels when it comes to the Call of Duty series. It really isn't fair anymore!!!!!!

You can't run around with a Javelin on your back in real life, that launcher weighs at 35kg/77lb with one rocket ready to be fired.  None of the perks you can do in real life except: Extreme Conditioning, Sleight of Hand and Overkill.  You can't run in a ghillie suit either because most of them will bake you.  You can't reload akimbo machine pistols by merely flicking your thumbs either.  If you value realism there's always Battlefield 3, you need not go the multiplayer games that are overly heavy on vehicles.

The only perks that are realistic would be: Extreme Conditioning, Slight of Hand and Overkill.  You can't run in a ghillie suit either because most of them will bake you.  You can't reload akimbo machine pistols by merely flicking your thumbs either.

You mention skill but you have a gold ACR?

Secondly, if you play Battlefield, what are you doing on MW3's website. Sounds like you already gave up on the Call of Duty series which means your opinions don't really mean much to me. Ha ha ha ha, my gold ACR and I will continue rocking MW3 while you soul search for a better war game. Battlefield, what a joke.

Yeah all of my weapons are gold. Lmg for objectives assault and smgs for KC Tdm ( run n gun game modes) you are attacking my posts but agreeing with it at the same time. Sounds like you are confused little buddy. I have used the ACR since I have had the game, what are you trying to say exactly? My weapons gold so I don't have any skill? C'mon man. Grow up.

SitRepPro

MassFury wrote:

Yeah all of my weapons are gold. Lmg for objectives assault and smgs for KC Tdm ( run n gun game modes) you are attacking my posts but agreeing with it at the same time. Sounds like you are confused little buddy. I have used the ACR since I have had the game, what are you trying to say exactly? My weapons gold so I don't have any skill? C'mon man. Grow up.

Using the ACR doesn't really take much skill.  That's why every Tom, **** and Harry uses it.  And given that you have all weapons gold it's not like you have to use it any longer.  Accuracy is a far better indicator of skill than having weapons gold since you can just go into Drop Zone and killmonger.  Give the AA-12 a try.

Oh so you are a cornball who relays on one shot kills with a shotgun. What does it make you mad the with marksman on we can take you guys out from across the board. Again, clearly proving why your opinion doesn't matter. It takes abasolutely no skill to rock a shorty with extreme, QuickDraw, and dead silence. No skill whatsoever. To take a sniper out from all the way across the board, patience, concentration, and yes SKILL which you surely don't have. Put your AA12 away man, you shot gunners are adding breed. Next time read what you are going to post before you end up looking like an idiot. AA12, you're a joke.

And no man, I don't play drop zone, I stick to objective games so cornballs like you have to run around. Shotguns, hahahaha what are you in world war II man?