17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 6:32 PM by Johnnyisbeast RSS

<> Weapon Wishlist <>

Kaze96

Ok, so I'm a little disapointed at the amount of weapons curretly confirmed. You see, since this game is set in the future, it has so much posibility for the creation of new weapon models (like the PDW-57 and XPR-50). I really hope they are going to add a couple more guns into each category. Here is an up-to-date list on the guns set to appear as well as their fire mode.

ASSAULT RIFLES

• M8A1 - 4-round burst (oh god)
  • Type 25 - full auto
  • AN-94 - full auto?
  • SWAT-556 - 3-round burst
  • Scar-H - full auto
  • FAL OSW - semi auto
  • SMR - semi auto
  • MTAR - full auto
  • M27 - full auto

SUBMACHINE GUNS

• MP7 - full auto
  • MSMC - full auto
  • Chicom QCB - 3-round burst (awkward...)
  • Skorpion EVO III - full auto (no recoil, 1000rpm...oh crap)
  • Vector K10 - full auto (36 round mag this time around! )
  • PDW-57 - full auto (variant of the P90?)

LIGHT MACHINE GUNS

• LSAT - full auto
  • MK48 - full auto
  • QBB LSW - full auto
  • HAMR - full auto (decreases fire rate the longer you spam it, kind of interesting)

SNIPER RIFLES

• DSR-50 - bolt action (that front magazine should be used for fast mag)
  • Ballista - bolt action (Not sure how I feel about the iron sights attachment. We'll just have to see)
  • SVU-AS - semi auto
  • XPR-50 - semi auto (Black Ops 2 Barret .50 Cal!!)

Shotguns

• R-870 MCS - pump action
  • M1216 - full auto + 4round rechamber
  • Saiga-12 - semi auto
  • KSG - Unknown (probably pump action)

Assault Shield (I HAAAAAAATTTTEEEEE YOOOOOUUUUUU)

If I were to add a few more guns, I would like to add:

• Skorpion (Original as a handgun)
  • Magpul PDR (SMG)
  • Long Bow (launcher)
  • PP90M1 (SMG, 550rpm like it was designed for, higher damage)
  • TAR-21 (Original, assault rifle, Make MTAR a SMG)
  • G11 (Reimagined and reincarnated. This is 2025, maybe caseless ammo became a standard in Germany)
  • MPL (Come on! Amazing gun)
  • Beretta XM4 (Basically a modernized Spectre)
  • PM06 (Modernized PM63)
  • FN2000
  • Vepr (Assault Rifle from Ukraine)
  • Vektor CR-21 (South African Assault rifle, sorry I like bullpup weapons)
  • Barrett XM500 (Maybe a fast firing low damage like the RSASS)
  • H&K CAWS (Awesome looking shotgun)
  • MAG-7 (OMFG, It's a handgun shotgun, LOL)
  • Stoner 63 (Hehehehhehehe)

And just as an added question; Did anyone else notice that Extended Clip only grants a 33.3% increase in the magazine size on SMGs? I think that's a little underpowered since SMGs are meant for rushing, and a big mag is a must. Not saying the mags are small, but I'd like to see the continuation of the 50% bonus for all guns except:

• Ballista (Starts with 7 rounds and has the iron sights attachment, that's enough)

For example, the Skorpion EVO III starts with 32 rounds. With extended clip, it is increased to 43.    MATH)   32 x 0.333 = 10.6 ≈ 11

Other examples:

Vector K10: 36/48    () 36 x 0.333 = 11.9 ≈ 12

MSMC: 30/40      ()  30 x 0.333 = 9.99 ≈ 10

MP7: 40/54     () 40 x 0.333 = 13.32 ≈ 13 (for the MP7, they gave it one extra bullet)

Chicom QCB: unknown mag size, possibly 48 with extended?

• Re: <> Weapon Wishlist <>
    Fireman0025

just as a point the ksg is a pump. and it is a slug shotgun. (no pellets) from what i understand it is like this all of the time, it is not an attachment you choose.

also i use smgs. i am a run and gunner, and always have extended mags if i can. i dont think that a 1/3 increase is that underpowered.

Kaze96

I don't like the idea. I mean, Assault Rifles will have 39 rounds with extended clip. For one, I freaking hate that. 39...The Skorpion EVO will have 43. Really?! (I'm really picky about that stuff).

Still, I believe that since this is in the future, it would only make sense to either keep it the same, or up it to 60-70%. But since 60-70% would be insanely op for higher capacity weapons, the 50% seems in order.

David V has said some things that make me believe that this year they will do gun DLC or perk DLC. Just saying, so if it's not in the game on day 1, then someday they might add it later. (It being weapons not in tha game day 1)

Arkitek

Even though the game is almost done, and weapons are pretty much locked into the game, this is still fun to do. Honest opinions:

Skorpion: No. The Skorpion EVO III is the evolution of the previous, the old Skorpion is too old (Shocker).

PDR: Yes, they should add this to the SMG category (even though it is a carbine) along with the AK74u so that there is a small carbine for either faction. The PDW-57 looks imilar to it though, so I don't mind its absence.

Long Bow: If you're talking about a Long Bow like a bow and arrow, then no way. Crossbow excels in that category, this is the future. not medieval times.

PP90M1: No. Switch this with the PP19, and I'll say yes. PP90M1 is barely used in comparison to the PP19.

TAR-21: No. IRL the MTAR is phasing the TAR-21 out of military service. Plus the MTAR is an assault rifle, and just because it's a bullpup doesn't mean you can shove it into the SMG category.

G11: Eh, I liked the gun, and the did ressurect the XM8, so ok, but I'd rather then give us something new.

MPL: No. Way too old to be considered.

Beretta MX4: Somewhat ok, not the biggest fan of the gun, but it fits. ANd no, it is not a "modernized spectre" just because they're both italian. They're not even made by the same company.

PM06: Yes. Make it reminiscent to its predecessor.

F2000: Yes. Love this gun, any gun really from FN Herstal is great.

Vepr: Yes.

CR-21: Not a huge fun, but I could live with it.

XM500: Sure.

HK CAWS: Sure as long as it gets an aesthetical update, not a fan of the way it looks.

MAG-7: Balancing would definately be needed, but sure.

Stoner 63: Replace this with the Stoner 96 and you'd be golden.

Personally, I'd like to add these (Excluding the one's we've agreed upon):

- Kel-Tec RFB

- L85A2

- MSBS RADON

- AEK-971

- PP-2000

- C6940 (Colt IAR)

- M240B

- HTI .50

- M98B

- M1014

- UTS-15

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200424071

^This is an old weapon wishlist thread by me, but it was very accurate and had a lot of influence on the weapons in Black Ops 2, as well as some that didn't quite make it.

Kaze96

Arkitek wrote:

Even though the game is almost done, and weapons are pretty much locked into the game, this is still fun to do. Honest opinions:

Skorpion: No. The Skorpion EVO III is the evolution of the previous, the old Skorpion is too old (Shocker).

PDR: Yes, they should add this to the SMG category (even though it is a carbine) along with the AK74u so that there is a small carbine for either faction. The PDW-57 looks imilar to it though, so I don't mind its absence.

Long Bow: If you're talking about a Long Bow like a bow and arrow, then no way. Crossbow excels in that category, this is the future. not medieval times. Then I would want there to be an attachment that makes the arrows explosive. I just want to see some nice crossbow shots being made, not random explosions that happen to kill. Otherwise, nice rebuttal.

PP90M1: No. Switch this with the PP19, and I'll say yes. PP90M1 is barely used in comparison to the PP19. Isn't the PP90 more of an experimental weapon at the moment? PP-19 Bizon is cool as well, though.

TAR-21: No. IRL the MTAR is phasing the TAR-21 out of military service. Plus the MTAR is an assault rifle, and just because it's a bullpup doesn't mean you can shove it into the SMG category. I was basing that off of the fact that MTAR means "Micro Tavor"

G11: Eh, I liked the gun, and the did ressurect the XM8, so ok, but I'd rather then give us something new. As I said, it'd be nice to see an older gun revisioned. (Obviously AN94 is a revisioned AK, but I mean a discontinued gun)

MPL: No. Way too old to be considered. Not technically.

Beretta MX4: Somewhat ok, not the biggest fan of the gun, but it fits. ANd no, it is not a "modernized spectre" just because they're both italian. They're not even made by the same company. It has features like the Spectre. It was designed by Beretta and the Spectre was designed by SITES in Turin.

PM06: Yes. Make it reminiscent to its predecessor.

F2000: Yes. Love this gun, any gun really from FN Herstal is great. I agree, I love FN Herstal.

Vepr: Yes.

CR-21: Not a huge fun, but I could live with it. Again, I just really like bullpup configured weapons. Thought this one had some neat curvature to it.

XM500: Sure. Couldn't think of other snipers, so I just redug the bullpup Barrett from the back of my mind.

HK CAWS: Sure as long as it gets an aesthetical update, not a fan of the way it looks. I agree. It looks reminiscent of the G11, so they both would need to be modernized.

MAG-7: Balancing would definately be needed, but sure. Of course.

Stoner 63: Replace this with the Stoner 96 and you'd be golden.

Personally, I'd like to add these (Excluding the one's we've agreed upon):

- Kel-Tec RFB I forgot to add this! I love this gun!

- L85A2

- MSBS RADON I see you like bullpup configurations too. This one is AMAZING.

- AEK-971

- PP-2000

- C6940 (Colt IAR)

- M240B

- HTI .50 Magazine is behind trigger therefore I agree relentlessly.

- M98B

- M1014

- UTS-15 This thing looks beastly.

I also really like your idea of the Saritch 308 as a classified assault rifle.

OMFG, I love the Thor-A1. Freaking futuristic as ****.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200424071

^This is an old weapon wishlist thread by me, but it was very accurate and had a lot of influence on the weapons in Black Ops 2, as well as some that didn't quite make it.

nicedrewishfela

I usually leave the gun choice to those who know much more about weaponry than I do.  As long as they are balanced and fun to use, I don't care.

Remember as well, they have to get licensing agreements with these companies to use the weapon likeness and attributes.

Kaze96

Yes and no. They can simply change the name and the copyright isn't infringed. For example, in MW3, the Barrett .50 Cal isn't called that in real life. It is called the M82 .50BMG.

But majority of the time, yes they get permission.

nicedrewishfela
        Andrew @NiceDrewishFela

@OneOfSwords Dan, quick question. Does 3Arc/ATVI need to get licensing agreements with weapons manufacturers to use their guns in a game?

Expand

3 OctDan AmrichDan Amrich @OneOfSwords

@NiceDrewishFela Yes they do. They're all copyrighted designs. Remington approves the ACR likeness, for instance.Expand

3 OctAndrew GoldsteinAndrew @NiceDrewishFela

@OneOfSwords Appreciate it, Dan. Someone asked me about it, I figured as much, but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the info!

Kaze96

I hope you know I agreed with you but gave an ideal counter-example. There are instances where they can make miniscule changes to the designs and names and not be sued for copyright. As with anything, once things are changed, it no longer abides by the copyright set in place unless the change is TOO miniscule.

Arkitek

The M82 is the US Military's designation for the weapon, not the name of the actual weapon. The actual name given to it by the company, Barrett 50.cal, is owned by Barrett Firearms, and thus if they want to use it they must get licensing from the company.

And thanks for the remarks on my remarks .

P.S. I LOVE BULLPUPS.

nicedrewishfela

Had that same argument with some dude on the General Forums. He was upset because they called it the SCAR-L and not the MK16, insisting that is what the military calls it. I pointed out the same thing, that is what the US Military calls it. They will call it whatever the licensing company asks them or allows them to call it.

Kaze96

No problemo! I hope the Thor is added as gun DLC...Any ideas as to what it's specs would be? I'll guesstimate.

Mag Size: 40 rounds (60 extended)

RoF: 750rpm

Damage: 40-20

Mobility: Slightly less than most SMG's

Reload: Friggin awesome flippy floppy switcheroo animation

Arkitek

Everything seems reasonable but from the picture, the magazine holds 50 rouns, so the magazine size would be 50 rounds Standard, 66 extended (Remember SMG's have 1/3 for their extended mag capacity, not 1/2). Also it would probably fire a little faster, between 800-850 rpm.

The reload would be awesome. Flip the gun around so firing hand is on magzine, pull magazine out, get new magazine, slap it in, charge the weapon. Epic.

Kaze96

I'm hoping that the 33.3% increase is either changed or kept only for SMGs. I think pistol mags should get a 100% increase.

Kap-40 : 15/30

Five Seven : 20/40

Tac-45 : 10/20

B23R : 15/30

Executioner : 6/12 via unique attachment. Double barrel perhaps?

CptWilson

AK-47!