10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2012 6:29 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

How do you know if someone is split screening?

My roommate and I play split screen with 2 different accounts on my tv. How do people (always been said by a clan) know that we are playing split screen when we have 2 seperate accounts?

Also we are both decent players generally run top 2 in the server with 2.1 - 3.1 kd ratio on average playing single screen. When we play split screen there is no difference in our KD or gameplay. How is this considered cheating or an advantage? you can always see your teammates screen when your on death cam and sitting next to someone is the same as someone telling you a location on the mic.

But main question how do people know that we are on the same screen with 2 different account names?

• Re: How do you know if someone is split screening?

Simple, when one of you gets muted in game, the other does too. I sometimes go through a game and mute then unmute the same people to know who to look out for (helpful for infected).

starbuckfrack

Also when the other player has a guest then they are split screening.

Such as GamerHero has a player in his lobby GamerHer(1), then they are split screening.

And yes spilt screeners = major lag as well as one person (or two) that dont care about anything in the game except for messing around.

SitRepPro

starbuckfrack wrote:

Such as GamerHero has a player in his lobby GamerHer(1), then they are split screening.

And yes spilt screeners = major lag as well as one person (or two) that dont care about anything in the game except for messing around.

Evidence that split screen adds to lag any more than two people not in split screen mode?  Given that matchmaking doesn't force local players to stay together, to reduce ping times, I don't see how split screeners make anything significantly worse.  You could have split screeners in a full US lobby all from California and it would run smoother than a lobby where you have one person each from: France, Sweden, South Africa, Japan, Australia, Italy, USA and Mexico.

starbuckfrack

SitRepPro wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

Evidence that split screen adds to lag any more than two people not in split screen mode?  Given that matchmaking doesn't force local players to stay together, to reduce ping times, I don't see how split screeners make anything significantly worse.  You could have split screeners in a full US lobby all from California and it would run smoother than a lobby where you have one person each from: France, Sweden, South Africa, Japan, Australia, Italy, USA and Mexico.

You want evidence ? Its pretty obvious just based on hardware alone. Two players on the same xbox eating up one wired (or wireless) connection to the router .

Or My wife and I playing on ONE Xbox together as opposed to us playing the same game on TWO different Xboxes for example.

Or How about the fact that when you play Black Ops for example and in theater see a game with 1 person and a guest getting yellow bars consistently through the game.

As well as the fact that the one Xbox has to do double the work for two player input as well as both players screens display, etc.

Seriously have you even gotten the chance to compare 6 different countries in the same lobby ?

SitRepPro

starbuckfrack wrote:

SitRepPro wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

You want evidence ? Its pretty obvious just based on hardware alone. Two players on the same xbox eating up one wired (or wireless) connection to the router .

Or My wife and I playing on ONE Xbox together as opposed to us playing the same game on TWO different Xboxes for example.

Or How about the fact that when you play Black Ops for example and in theater see a game with 1 person and a guest getting yellow bars consistently through the game.

As well as the fact that the one Xbox has to do double the work for two player input as well as both players screens display, etc.

Seriously have you even gotten the chance to compare 6 different countries in the same lobby ?

The matchmaking has been that bad I've had the UN/EU/NATO lobby a few times now.  I would rather be in a lobby with one or two lots of split screeners based in my country than have too many foreigners, especially from France.

I wanted the evidence so I could compare it to other games that offer split screen online multiplayer because I'm sure other games deal with it much better.

starbuckfrack

SitRepPro wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

SitRepPro wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

The matchmaking has been that bad I've had the UN/EU/NATO lobby a few times now.  I would rather be in a lobby with one or two lots of split screeners based in my country than have too many foreigners, especially from France.

I wanted the evidence so I could compare it to other games that offer split screen online multiplayer because I'm sure other games deal with it much better.

Black Ops 1 does still play better than MW3 in splitscreen games. Hitmarkers, etc. Good thing about Blops1 is you can watch the connections change while still watching the players action.

Too bad you cant get the players voices in theater to compare how those will hamper the connection.

Split Screeners ruin any game that they are in. When they aren't lagging everyone else out they are boosting.