1 2 3 Previous Next 113 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 11:20 AM by BleakProtocol RSS

Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!

cb765

There is another discussion on this topic but its an old one so that is why I am posting a new one. I agree with the other post 100% but there are more reasons why they should not apply this change to GHOST. All those gamers that complained in blackops that ghost and blindeye were an unfair combo were all cry babies, and its not any different now. The purpose for ghost is so that heart beat sensors, uav,kill streaks,and that new red dot site that can see heat signatures through walls don't have an unfair advantage. Are they going to make these equipment ware off over time because you are camping while you are useing them to find enemies.. All ghost really does to your enemey is force him to look at the tv screen and find you, whats the big deal your going to have to do this any way. If you are haveing a hard time finding the last guy that killed you,thats because you suck, and has nothing to do with ghost or blind eye. So stop crying to developers for an unfair advantage.

• 1. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!

Honestly, most "campers" I've seen don't use any kind of stealth perks.

I don't see having to keep mobile with Ghost as a problem.

• 2. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!
    cb765

You did not read my entire post, in my opinion blind eye and ghost should be one perk, you only have to wear one suit to hide your heart beat and heat signature. So it should not be more expensive to wear these perks together. Now to respond to CylonNumber6, your reply makes no sense, what is the point of camping if everybody knows where you are, they will just flank and kill you. The purpose of haveing ghost in the game in the first place is to take the advantage away from noobtubers, heartbeat sensors, killstreak, the new red dot site that sees heat signatures through walls, it keeps the playing field level.

• 3. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!
    cb765

If they leave this change to ghost in the game then they are basicaly helping noobtubers and k/d hunters go play objective based game modes and kill everybody on the other team and not even play the objective. They do this in MW3 all the time because revenge death streak will reveal assassin, there has to be a way to deffend your self, trophie system is a good idea but it only blocks 3 shots the xm25 has 60 rounds.

• 4. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!

cb765 wrote:

Now to respond to CylonNumber6, your reply makes no sense, what is the point of camping if everybody knows where you are, they will just flank and kill you. The purpose of haveing ghost in the game in the first place is to take the advantage away from noobtubers, heartbeat sensors, killstreak, the new red dot site that sees heat signatures through walls, it keeps the playing field level.

You would think so, but honestly I've seen most "campers" using Blast Shield as opposed to Assassin, and in Black Ops it was Hardline and Scav as opposed to Ghost.

Also, taking away advantages of noobtubers? Now that doesn't make any sense to me.

• 5. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!

Since when does the XM25 have 60 rounds?

News to me sir, news to me.

• 6. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!
    darkslayer54

I'll just add-on to what you've said.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite on this whole topic. I don't use ghost to camp, but I do use it to camp an objective... which I guess is still camping despite the purpose.

The only time I ever used it to sit in a corner/bush is in Search and Destroy with the intent of defending a bomb (On both attacking and defending sides).

However, when it comes to camping on any other game mode... I will usually go with Flakjacket Pro and Tactical Mask Pro. It just makes no sense in camping with Ghost... once you kill one enemy, they know where you are. Each step you take towards your first killstreak raises the possibility for them to kill you due to explosives. With Flakjacket and Tactical mask you have every advantage in the building. They already know where you are, and they'll most likely throw semtex's and concusions in the room before going in to create a false sense of security for themselves. Then you can just catch them off guard by actually going in front of the door as the concussions go off and spraying them down since they'll expect you to be in the corner.

I already have an idea for a good camping class in Black Ops 2, and it doesn't use Ghost or any other stealth perks.

Other than SnD, I don't see much use in camping with Ghost. If you patrol the map with Ghost, then it's a different story...

• 7. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!
    nicedrewishfela

So you knew there was a topic on this, old but active (I know I was in it just the other day) And you spammed the forums with the same topic anyways because you wanted to say the same exact thing? Read the CoC, mate, and have respect for your Forum Mates.

Its a simple change that only impacts you when a UAV (the easiest to spot and easiest to take down scorestreak). Don't want to be seen by the UAV? Take it down. Problem solved. Nobody should ever be invisible, and intelligent players will use this change to their tactical advantage. Be a juicy red dot on the screen for those Pac Man Wannabes and pick them off as they blindly run towards you.

Adapt and adjust, this change just may improve your game.

• 8. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!
    cb765

If they are not going to put limitations on the heartbeat sensor, the new red dot site that finds heat signatures behind walls , killstreaks, and anything else that helps players know where everybody is, then they should not limit ghost period. Just because a few gamers only wear ghost all the time does not mean it needs to be changed. noobtubers are going to benefit from this more ways than you can possibley fathom, my guess is you are a noobtuber. Here picture this scenario, your in a match that the other team is in the lead, your playing domination, the other team has members that take turns calling in the hind, so they are controlling the air space, if you take cover from the hind your camping so under the new changes you can't just wait for it to fly away you have to run in the corner, the other team can hear your foot steps and they noobtube your position, and hurl grenades at you. And lets not talk about how this makes useing a sniper rifle a waste of time.

• 9. Re: Treyarch, PLEASE don'y put camping limitations on GHOST perk !!!
    cb765

I am not saying exactly what he said. I also have a twitter and I want to tweet this link and my subject line is better. Call it what you want , But this post is not spam. My intentions are not disrespect, I want to look at this with a different point of view. The developers should not make changes to the game just to benefit a few players, I want them to keep it the way it was originnally.

1 2 3 Previous Next