25 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 9:15 PM by infinitlag RSS

Analog vs Wiimote vs Jedi power

Padiego

Obviously jedi powers in in this case....

But let's look at the other two.

Analog sticks...and wii mote.

I've been meaning to make this thread for a while...and I guess I'll make it now, since I just played a few matches of MW3 on xbox live with a friend. Shocking, I know....I feel ashamed....All shame aside, it was actually kind of fun.......I kept telling myself "diego, stop having fun, you're supposed to hate this game!" but these damn noobs where just so noobish, I was having a great time destroying them and then listen to them say stuff like "do you even lift?" and "i'm gonna hack you bro you're done". So fun. Anyways......i'm getting off topic.....well, I feel like analog sticks are more easy to use than wii mote......why do I say that? On Wii, it usually takes me a few warm up matches to get used to the wii mote feel and then I can start owning....and then some. But on xbox.....I just get on and boom....just own right away. No warm up matches needed. The aim assist on analogs is just....aimbot-like. I was hiding in the plane in terminal because I was answering a text (Omgz guiez i must be in lovez cauze i answered a text wile i waz liek playing codz and sh8t), and when I looked up...my screen moved. I didn't think much of it until I saw a guy walk by....and my screen moved again! The aim assist is extremely powerful.....but that's what makes analogs so easy to pick up and play. Now wii mote....wow. First of all, wii mote has next to no aim assist. Its there but...its not there. (._. )

The wii mote takes a while to master....but once you do, its the best feeling in the world. The precision....the fact that you can spaz around like a bunny and still get accurate shots.....its wonderful. Analog sticks are great....but you can't get the same precision you can get with a wii mote (that's why CCP gets so much aim assist.....without it, it wouldn't be balanced....not that its balanced in BO, where the CCP has too much aim assist, or MW3 where CCP has next to no aim assist)....mouse and keyboard are awesome....but the keys are all over the place. Wii mote is the way to play FPS. It has the precision of keyboard+mouse....and the buttons are layed out perfectly and if you dont like the way they're layed out..well...its fully customizable.

Precision- Wii mote

Most skill to master (IMHO...)- Wii mote

Most fun onced you get used to it- Wii mote

Most comfortable- xbox controller

Most "user friendly"- Analogs...wether they're on xbox controllers, PS3 controller or the CCP

I'm not sure what I just wrote about. There's a turtle staring at me at the moment. Turtle. What r u doin. turle. stahp!

• Re: Analog vs Wiimote vs Jedi power
    ichilenozo

As you I would also put analogs as more comfortables, but we have to give kudos to Ninty case they made the Wii-mote+nunchuck so light. Hell I barely feel the nunchuck at all.

Maybe Ninty can make them even lighter if they include their own batteries (although I prefer rechargables as I found Sanyo's "eneloop" the best of their kind, and they come with free shipping in Canada). But then I think about the costs, and the battery lifetimes and I still think AA rechargables are the way to go, for controllers.

I think the button layout in the wii-mote can be still improved though.

codcanuck

Wiimote is superior in the fact that your crosshair isn't locked in the center all the time. Plus, having the ability to turn your gun on its side is just plain-out cool

I never played CoD with dual analog. I'll give it a whirl with the Wii U and see how I think the two schemes stack up against each other.

infinitlag

Wii players have it harder. It has taken over 2 years now to master the wii mote. It took two hours for me to master the PS3 controller.

All the PS360 idiots saying "wii is for little kids". How about you actually try it?

Well now wii has changed. It will be 99% ccp (or whatever the new one is called) people running around because they are too good to learn to use a wii mote (thats what they think). Get ready to be owned noobs.

T-boss

most of them who tried wii complained on how hard it was to use wiimote. if you want skill as quick as possible, start with quantom of solice(z=lockon), then golden eye(best auotiam for wiimote i seen) then try a cod game.    first time i played, my dead zone was almost my entire screen, now i dont have one.

i say give CCP minor autoaim. still expect the hard to use controler to be better than the easy to use one.   plus if they bring back killcams, we will see who useds wiimote or not.

like2nap03

I agree.  I've always said this.  The Wii remote was MADE for FPS games.  Maybe now more third parties will take advantage of it since the horse power is still there.  Not just FPS games though.  Go play a Tiger Woods game that uses Wii motion plus.  Takes a while to master but it is SO much more immersive and satifsying once you do.  My golf club attachment makes it even better.  Same with flight simulators.  EA Grand SLam tennis.  There's no other way to play a tennis game once you master it.  That's why I love the Wii so much.  When done correctly, motion controls are not only more fun and immersive, they are also more "hardcore" in my opinion as it takes more to master it along with the immersion factor.  How about sword fighting?  Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword.  Makes playing with analog sticks just feel stupid.  Really hope we see a sequel to Red Steel 2 one day.  Or a game like it.

ichilenozo

like2nap03 wrote:

I agree.  I've always said this.  The Wii remote was MADE for FPS games.  Maybe now more third parties will take advantage of it since the horse power is still there.  Not just FPS games though.  Go play a Tiger Woods game that uses Wii motion plus.  Takes a while to master but it is SO much more immersive and satifsying once you do.  My golf club attachment makes it even better.  Same with flight simulators.  EA Grand SLam tennis.  There's no other way to play a tennis game once you master it.  That's why I love the Wii so much.  When done correctly, motion controls are not only more fun and immersive, they are also more "hardcore" in my opinion as it takes more to master it along with the immersion factor.  How about sword fighting?  Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword.  Makes playing with analog sticks just feel stupid.  Really hope we see a sequel to Red Steel 2 one day.  Or a game like it.

Although Red Steel 2 graphics looked beautiful on the Wii, and the gameplay mechanics (sword+gun) were awesome. I found the game too short for today's standards, and the story pretty dull too. The fact that the replay value is zero makes me think that I plaid too much for it.

Besides, once you have mastered the Wii-mote, destroying the enemies is so easy, is so unfair. This is the fault of AI programmers for not working hard enough. Having a gun and a sword controlled by the wii-mote makes you too powerful.

barA-ehT

Padiego wrote:

but these damn noobs where just so noobish, I was having a great time destroying them and then listen to them say stuff like "do you even lift?" and "i'm gonna hack you bro you're done". So fun.

That reminded me of this http://i.qkme.me/3ot7a0.jpg

Anyways, I've been playing shooters on PC with the xbox360 controllers, and well... I find it easier aiming with the Wii mote. IMO, the best way to play a shooter is with a Wii mote.  Of course, aiming assist is SOMETHING ELSE

P.S: you should post more often Paddy, your posts always bring fun to the forum

I think both types of controls are kick ass **** I use them both anyway.

What I will say though is that I'm glad you didn't mention garbage ass Kinect lol

Padiego

I can't wait until they actually make a "brain-troller" which is a controller attached to your head. It sends you into the game world and you can even feel the pain. The feels. It would be much more satisfying knowing that 12 year old child actually felt the butt of my gun.

I swear, when I post on these forums, I ask myself "should I post this or should I go see a therapist about this?"

T-boss

take out the pain and that would be great. but more fit and capapble players would ****, the sterotypical normal one will have to stick with the normal controler. 

would be more interesting if one actualy reads your movements(alot better than kenect.)

Mrderpski

Analogs.

Wiimote is more accurate though.

Don't worry, I'll be making the default W@W Wiimote controls for Black Ops II as soon as it comes out like I've done for every single game before it and shared online There will be nothing to get used to.

nintendon't

The Wiimote is easy mode on MW3...I got a MOAB with it on my first attempt at using it in a public match...