28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 11:28 AM by rodsirloin RSS

Fun ways to kill a camper!

Moofda

I got bored, and sought out new ways to embarrass hard core campers. People can play however they want, but if you do choose to camp hard, watch out. You just may get a "kiss of death" a "stick to the face" or be victim to a "sneaky feet surprise claymore attack". Featuring an original song " campity camp" Feedback always welcome, good or bad.

I have nothing against camping, but cmon you have to admit there's not much of a better feeling than getting revenge on a relentless camper. Or just the thrill of sneaking up on someone, it's always good times.

How do you guys choose to assassinate campers? Any fun things you do? Or do you just get down to business and take down thy enemy.

• Re: Fun ways to kill a camper!
    taymedown

I lay on them and buttrape ...then I donkey punch them with my blade

Good payback.

I once ( by a bit of a fluke ) stuck Semtex on the campers backside,oh how we laughed as he scrambled to try and gat away from it!

Truly camp humped.

Nice video.

TheSurgeon83

My personal favourite is sneaking up on them as you did with the claymore, dropping C4 at their feet and legging it before detonating. Twice the value for money if the tac is close enough as you take that out as well. Either that or running up, dropping C4 on the tac, then kill them and as soon as they respawn, boom.

I spray everyone down, I don't discriminate. You're next......

DeeTaurus

Most of them were sniping properly and not running around like QS noobs - i wouldnt really call them campers to be honest.

Everyone in this game thinks you have to keep moving or run around to be good at this game.....

zvers

Exactly. It's too bad those people are usually the most stuck up punks who are really just greenhorns with nothing better to say. Sorry if I sound harsh but i'm tired of threads with none stop "Campers suck", "Noob camper" etc. Put it this way, in a REAL fire fight I would want squad mates that were campers because all the 'run and gunners' are already dead.

Moofda

I'll have to try that surgeon, sounds like fun. Yeah, I can agree that these guys were for the most part just "building dwellers". I should've named it funny ways to kill "building dwellers or non movement supporters."

I don't discriminate either, It's fun to spray down everyone in all sorts of manners. I've seen really good building dwellers, and they were very good at the game. These guys, not so much.

I can play defensively too, and sometimes I do it well.

Moofda wrote:

I'll have to try that surgeon, sounds like fun. Yeah, I can agree that these guys were for the most part just "building dwellers". I should've named it funny ways to kill "building dwellers or non movement supporters."

I don't discriminate either, It's fun to spray down everyone in all sorts of manners. I've seen really good building dwellers, and they were very good at the game. These guys, not so much.

LOL, Ya ever wonder why people don't like the term Camper? It's beyond me.

DeeTaurus

COD_WIDOW wrote:

Moofda wrote:

LOL, Ya ever wonder why people don't like the term Camper? It's beyond me.

Moofda

I know, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells saying the word "camper" when I don't mean it in a negative way. The term has kind of developed over the years as a negative connotation rooted from strict "run n gunners"

When I stay in a spot or patrol an area for a while, I say I'm camping B dom, or you know, something similar. To me, it's just a description of how someone is playing and not meant to be negative.

I personally just get a rise out of surprising this playstyle, but the ones who are really good at it would never fall victim to what happened in the video. Some of the best players I've ever seen or played against have mastered the camping/patrolling/building dweller/ whatever the heck you want to call it playstyle.

The really good ones are extremely smart in how they play, and think ahead of how you're going to seek revenge on them. Also they play the map very well and know when it's time to move on. I just love taking them out when they're building up their killstreaks. Recon pro for the win.

zvers

"The really good ones are extremely smart in how they play, and think ahead of how you're going to seek revenge on them. Also they play the map very well and know when it's time to move on. I just love taking them out when they're building up their killstreaks. Recon pro for the win."

It's ok, I will let you use my online name in your post.

Moofda

Heh, did I sum up your skills sir? Cheers to you then. That type of player is extremely hard to counter, and should be celebrated. I will find you though, eventually. Hopefully before it's too late. =(

Moofda wrote:

I know, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells saying the word "camper" when I don't mean it in a negative way. The term has kind of developed over the years as a negative connotation rooted from strict "run n gunners"

When I stay in a spot or patrol an area for a while, I say I'm camping B dom, or you know, something similar. To me, it's just a description of how someone is playing and not meant to be negative.

I personally just get a rise out of surprising this playstyle, but the ones who are really good at it would never fall victim to what happened in the video. Some of the best players I've ever seen or played against have mastered the camping/patrolling/building dweller/ whatever the heck you want to call it playstyle.

The really good ones are extremely smart in how they play, and think ahead of how you're going to seek revenge on them. Also they play the map very well and know when it's time to move on. I just love taking them out when they're building up their killstreaks. Recon pro for the win.

I'm with you completely there. I will use the term Camp to describe what I am doing in the same way.

If I am using a Bi Pod weapon like a Sniper or LMG, then I will say to my team mates that I am Camping [insert area here]. If I am patrolling the B flag I will say "I'm Holding B" or "I'm Camping B".

I don't know why it has become a derogatory term at all.

Maybe it's the run n gunners way of trying to make a good Camper/Defender/Whatever feel bad for Holding a piece of the map and keeping it safe from their l337 skiLlZz?

DeeTaurus

Moofda wrote:

Thats how i play

Some of the hardest players to kill are the ones who can lockdown an area and defend it. That's my favorite playstye. Each map is different though, I camp more in big maps and run and gun on small to medium size ones. Sometimes I can't sit still for more than 2 seconds no matter what map and other times I just feel like locking down a good spot and pick off the enemy. I hate playing on a team with a bunch of runners that keep getting shot up and don't use any strategy. The score is like 7000 - 6800 and they can't wait to respawn and get shot again. It don't make any sense to me!

februarystars81

C4 round the corner, double tap 'X' . . .

nothin i like more than a camper that i know for sure will be in the exact same spot the next time i come knockin'

i like to unleash a flurry of all 3 grenades, then ace them with gunfire. i like to see what effect that has too. sometimes they just stop camping, which is ideal for me, and also somewhat of a life lesson. sometimes they quit. sometimes they actually go back to camping the same spot. in that case, rinse and repeat.

Video was great...hope I don't wind up on the opposing team you're on, just sayin'!

Moofda

Agreed ghosted, I explained similar thoughts above.

Always an effective method february, I will use C4 for future embarrassment.

I find they generally keep going back no matter what hamburgler, these are what are known as newer, or baby campers. They've yet to learn the true method of utilizing their play style in an effective manner.

Thanks photoman, I'm glad you and others enjoyed it. I promise I'm harmless, unless you are relentless with your decision to stay in the same spot over and over lol. =)

SitRepPro

Moofda wrote:

I have nothing against camping, but cmon you have to admit there's not much of a better feeling than getting revenge on a relentless camper.

How do you guys choose to assassinate campers? Any fun things you do? Or do you just get down to business and take down thy enemy.

Depends on their weapon choice.  It's the corner ones that use ARs and SMGs that kinda annoy me, like in Seatown.  So I usually bring out my Model and go to town, so to speak.  If they're sniping I don't mind much because I err camp for a little while but I do move after a few kills, otherwise I'm toast.  I could try being more mobile and use an ACOG on a sniper rifle and run and gun but I know that'd troll some people...

If there are hard campers I pick them off with RPGs.  I'll be experimenting with the XM25 soon as it gives me a few different options.

rodsirloin

I'm just going to say it, THAT VIDEO WAS STAGED. There I said it...