8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 5:54 PM by rlbl RSS

YouTube COD Videos

Steve2589

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this. There are so many YouTube commentators out there now is commentary really necessary for entertainment? If you saw a video with just gameplay and no commentary would that bore you or would you have to have something else as well?

• Re: YouTube COD Videos
    Reellife

I think commentary is kind of cheezzzzzzy for the most part! But everyone likes different things, I mainly watch videos while at work.... So I cannot have sound playing anyways..... I am sure that is the case for many people!

dtuchpunk

Youtube cod commentaters are a bit overrated.
    Most video's are video's with good games only or "good" bits.

avengedyesterday

They were fun and entertainin when there were only a handful of serious commentators speaking about something interesting. Now everyone is looking to be a tube star even usin hand held recorders. There are only a couple of channels I watch on youtube and it isn't about the game play, anyone can get good gameplay over time. They are at the very least entertaining to listen to.

banned-again

i think the whole cod/youtube thing is old news and been done to death and i partly blame youtube for the way the cod series as turned out

nicedrewishfela

If I want to watch the game... I will play it.

I prefer to listen to informed, entertaining commentary. In fact, I sometimes just listen to the audio while doing other things. While I don't always agree or find myself entertained by them... guys like Woody or Wicked usually are fun to listen to from time to time. Guys like Hutch can be very insightful, and I enjoy listening to commentaries by guys like Untouchable Wolf or Supervelous... and people who generally have something to say.

Sadly, it seems everyone thinks they are entitled to become Internet famous these days and post gameplay videos with poorly thought out, mindless commentary or horrible techno music and expect people to "like" them or "subscribe" to them when they haven't earned it.

Steve2589

I'm a fan of the funnier stuff myself whether its something funny that happens in the game or they are talking about funny things. Commentaries in general or kind of boring me unless you get someone who can do it really well.

rlbl

The only dialogue I listen to is when someone is talking about how and what they are doing, and giving pointers and tips about what they are doing.

The most retarded thing I have ever heard was Hutch talking about monogamy during a Black Ops video. I unsubscribed immediately.