28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 12:36 PM by TheNewJuggalo RSS

Should the MOAB return?

BanzaiBanana

I like it personally, it's not as extreme as the nuke and takes more skill

I wish it sounded more threatening though

Here's the last one I posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IFXtrMZGU

• Re: Should the MOAB return?
    zingaa

I don't care in TDM and FFA,  keep it out of objective based for sure.

Thedestoyer

It shouldn't come back. People boost for it and ignore objectives for it.

Luckily, BLOPS2 won't have such a stupid killstreak in the game. Thank GOD!

It should.

However it should be changed for objective games. You should need to contribute to the objective a fair amount as well as get a certain amount of kills to get it. For example, like 20 kills in dom + 10 defends/caps to get a MOAB, or like 25 kills + 20 tags for kill confirmed.

elite_force1uk

BanzaiBanana wrote:

I like it personally, it's not as extreme as the nuke and takes more skill

I wish it sounded more threatening though

Here's the last one I posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IFXtrMZGU

Moabs in MW3 take 1% skill

Only thing needed for a Moab is a crappy internet connection

so you can take advantage of other players with decent internet connection

For those that get moabs regularly.. you do know this.. dont you?

Moofda

I liked having it, although it was exploited. I know it's a bit selfish, but perhaps they could keep it in game modes just based on killing.

If there were anything like it again, I hope they don't make it so you have to play the rest of the game with an annoying red screen though. =)

BanzaiBanana

I agree complately

I didn't mind the red screen. it was the sound loss that annoyed me

I also think they should exclude it from Infected, they're MOABs that genuinely take 1% skill and they still count towards your stats. It's just cheap

Noob_Lyncher

I just hope that if it does come back, they don't change it back to the MW2 way, where killstreaks counted towards your nuke. It would be far too easy.

Swaggin412

i also agree keep it out of objective games. its already bad enough you have players that go into objective games and don't play the objective; MOABS, Nukes etc just give people all the more reason not to play the objective.

i've always played the objective first, too many times i have been in lobbies where one or multiple of my teammates get MOABs in demolition but we end up losing the game because i'm the only person going for the bomb.

vims1990

As I said to a forum member who wanted MOABs in Black Ops 2:

they need to remove the moab so the cammping noobs and tube babys have nothing to camp for if there sitting in a corrner and i see a bad guy going to kill them i let him do it cause i run and gun. i dont sit in the same spot all game wating to get 25 kills to moab the bad guys..

phxs72

I've never gotten a MOAB and I'm an objective player (probably why I've never gotten one but I digress).  I don't have a problem with it being there.  It seems to me that the same people that camp for MOAB's are the same people that camped for high KD in BO.  Whether a MOAB is there or not it's not going to change how they play.  I suppose the way I see it is if my team isn't good enough to knock you off of your MOAB streak then we really don't have any right to complain about it.  Now I probably would be more annoyed by it if it ended the game but since it doesn't it really doesn't bother me.

QwertyBoredom

Personally I say No for objective games all it does is distract players from what there surpossed to be doing, In kill focused mode fine.

smokesdope

I think yes but the number of kills should be raised to 30 gun kills and objective game types shouldn't have a MOAB in it .

nicedrewishfela

No, leads to selfish play.

Also leads to an excessive amount of ridiculous You Tube Braggadocio.

BanzaiBanana

Yeah, but if you're like me and play TDM and kill confirmed, it benefits your team.

SitRepPro

BanzaiBanana wrote:

Yeah, but if you're like me and play TDM and kill confirmed, it benefits your team.

For KC it depends on the situation.

You could camp over enemy tags to get a MOAB and never pick them up.  You then lose by 7 points.  This is what seemingly happened to a game I joined that nearly finished and the MOAB landed after the match finished.  It's quite likely that if the MOAB hunter had gone for the tags, his side would have won.  Oh what a pity I have communication set to friends only...

nicedrewishfela

In all the TDM I have played, I have never seen one. Then again, I play HC, so no health regen. If you are able to get a MOAB in TDM, especially HC TDM... the other team has to be pretty sad.

The only time I ever saw a MOAB in game was when a few friends and I ventured into FaceOff 3v3 and played 3 squeakers who spawn camped us.

Would seem to me the true test of skill would be getting a MOAB in HC, anyone ever seen one?

Noob_Lyncher

I've only gotten one in HC. I was doing a clan op for HC KC a while back and wound up with one a few confirms before the match ended. The other team was trash though. Usually when people are terrible at shooting, they tube and spam rockets and nades. These guys didn't even do that. I felt bad for all of 0.002 seconds.

brsox

I would like to see the MOAB return. I think Treyarch is trying to keep people from boosting or camping for it so they are keeping it out.

Unfortunately, Treyarch underestimates the Sewer Sludge type people that play CoD. They will boost, cheat, and camp for whatever the best killstreaks are.

I say keep it. It does no good to take it out.

I think that the idea of a MOAB is great but currently it is flawed.

Speaking as someone who has gotten quite a few MOABs, and over 100 nukes in mw2 (which are not necessarily completely comparable), I think that MOABs are great because getting one is certainly an achievement. They are not at all easy to get, mostly because you need so much luck (as in no bulls--- against you, which happens so frequently in MW3), and also you need a certain level of base skill in order to maintain a 25 gun streak.

People, then, would boost to get them, which is of course a problem, but nowhere near as much as it was in MW2 for nukes.

I think Black Ops 2's scorestreak system offers a potential fix to the problem. As many of you are aware, getting points solely based on kills is almost impossible. The highest scorestreak will take >25 gun kills if you play no objective.

However, i think that if there were a scorestreak that was very high, similar to how high MOABs or Nukes are (but on the scale of points), the requirement of playing the objective in addition to being a good gunner would solve all the problems. Boosters would have no hope of getting one before being killed, kill whores wouldn't be able to just kill whore and piss of their teammates, and people who love going for the high streaks would still be happy. Everyone wins.

Just my two cents.

edit: Sorry about the multiple posts. My computer messed up.