3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 7:51 AM by Hoaks RSS

Awesome Connection!! Made me laugh

Hoaks

So I am playing TDM last night, keep getting host every three games, I'm used to it.  But overall even non-host games seem to be a little off, I change a class up, jump into a game and hear this. "Man my connection is great tonight, so fast and smooth."  So I hit the select button, me and half the lobby are 4 bars, the rest at three, except the guy with the great connection he has 2 bars.  It's the beggining of the match he's 5 and 1 while everyone else is struggling to kill anyone with half clips.

My wife comes home, has her phone hooked up to our WIFI, the PS3 is wired into same router, she thens turn on a computer again hooked to the WIFI, now I drop to 3 bars, have the best games all night, 2+ kd's where I was struggling to stay even before.  It's jsut frustrating that you can only get hitmarkers the register and kill people by slowing down your connection.  When only the PS3 is on 4 bars, get 4+ hitmarkers, watch killcam people not even on my screen are killing me.  Other things run, game smooths out, possibly to the point of getting the better hand in lag comp, but not sure at 3 bar.  Apparently if you run off your phone for the 2 bar, or however that guy got there you get god mode.  From the scores I've seen 1 bar has no chance. Just my rant after months of frustration, and the comment from last night making me laugh at the great connections.

• Re: Awesome Connection!! Made me laugh
    Out

I would have to agree with you Less is More, I have a 30meg up 5 meg down line with a ping of under 25mls ......if my wife is using the net while i am playing, the game does run better,

wridtrvlr

I agree buddy.  It's the lamest move this company has done.  It's called GREED.  They want everyone from here to Timbuktu to have a great experience while playing their game...even though it's not possible without dedi's.  So, they come up with their great plan...LAG COMP.

It's what has lead us to where we are today.  So I always have 4 bars, even in laggy ass lobbies, my bars are still 4.  So why I am having issues killing, but the guy with 1 or 2 bars has nearly a 3.0 k/d???? 

If they made a min connection speed requirement, we'd be in a much better situation then we are today.  But instead we are getting screwed by the gamer that can only afford DSL. 

Hoaks

I guess my biggest question would be why they can't write it into matchmaking so people with like connections played with each other?  Hopefully BO2 will have a better system, but if not I'll run and gun when it's smooth, and i'll creep when it's bad and hope for the best.