1 2 3 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 4:08 PM by duhman469 RSS

Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters

wridtrvlr

So Forumites, I've come to the conclusion that the reason there are so many Hacks, Cheats, and Boosters in video games is that the punishments for doing so aren't that bad. 

So what you get reset and can't play MW3 for 48 hours, it's only with that specific account.  Create a new one and you're on and gaming within 2 minutes...   

I personally believe the punishments should be harder.  The game developers do not want cheats in their game.  It ruins the experience for all the legitimate players in the world and brings a bad name to their franchise.  So my question to them would be why not make the punishments more sever??  You would have far less cheats, hacks, or boosters in your game if they knew the moment they got caught doing so would mean a console ban. 

I'm sure that everyone has been tempted to deceive the game somehow in their lifetime.  What if you knew that should you get caught doing what you are doing, you are going to have to purchase an entire new unit in order to play??  I truly and honestly believe that would cut this crap that we have to experience in half. 

Thoughts??

-wridtrlvr

Message was edited by: wridtrvlr

• 1. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    TMBI

I agree 100%!

It´s been exactly what I´ve told to Activision-Support and IW-Enforcers already weeks ago!

Another way would be to build in an "XP", "Points" per Match/Minute limit that would prevent automatically that hacks like we see now can succeed!

Further step would be to implement a tool that records player "skills" and "behaviour" in the matches - so cheaters, boosters and even hackers could be enlighted to the developers easily! (for example: if someone is reaching the "maximum possible" score per minute as average over a fixed time he must be a cheater, hacker or booster...)

The links must be there. I´m sure.

What do you think?

• 2. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    Izjar11

So Forumites, I've come to the conclusion that the reason there are so many Hacks, Cheats, and Boosters in video games is that the punishments for doing so aren't that bad.     

YES

If you exploit the game your IP address should be recorded and BANNED! PERIOD.

There shouldnt be a second chance in banning. It sends out a bad message, that we "allow" it on a first time offense. But how many people do it a first time? Thousands!.

you are going to have to purchase an entire new unit in order to play??  I truly and honestly believe that would cut this crap that we have to experience in half.

I went further and state that Sony systems should just ban the IP address. But this would also cause harm, banning the console from the COD servers.

Great post rid...hopefully its not removed...

• 3. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    wridtrvlr

Those are all very sound ideas that all make their lives a living hell.  I love it.  There should be no remorse for actions like these and the game developers need to take a stand. 

• 4. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    wridtrvlr

You know what?  Screw it.  This forum is full of things that should be removed, the DEVS of CoD should hear our ideas and what we think should happen.  I am sure that 95% of gamers (hopefully a higher percentage) despise cheats, hacks, exploits, boosters, whatever you want to call them and something needs to be done.

So DEVS I ask you, why do you put up with them??  The gamer community doesn't, but you seem to roll over and give people second, and third chances at playing your game. 

I encountered a guy the other day that was on his second ban, on his third account...  Does this make sense??  He isn't stopping his actions, only creating new accounts to stay one step ahead of the game.  Now, if this guy received an IP ban for his FIRST offense, he'd be crying, screaming to the community, and it would be quickly known that you cheat on our system, you don't get to play.  End of story. 

• 5. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    ghamorra

We run into some issues with this though. You can't just create a new account on Xbox, you actually pay for it. So what we run into is a fairness issue between the two consoles

I don't think their should be an IP ban, my brother plays online and if he boosts on his PS3 then I shouldn't be punished for it. What would be nice is a humiliation factor:

48hr ban
    Stat reset
    Special Emblem, title, and clan tag
    No leveling up
    Can only use the 5 default classes
    No perks
    No pointstreaks

• 6. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    h1r0l3r

Yeah, would be really cool if cheaters/boosters automatically had their title/emblem changed to something like "I'm a cheater" and use that for the rest of their prestige. Hackers should be banned outright both IP and console.

• 7. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    wridtrvlr

I can see your points as well G, but when does it end? 

Say the do something against the COC and receive everything you mention above.  What prevents them from doing it again?? Better yet, what deters them from wanting to do it in the first place?? 

• 8. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    ghamorra

Again, me and my brother both have our own PS3's if he hacks I don't want my gaming experience to be ruined for his mistake I had no part of

• 9. Re: Stricter punishments for Hacks/Cheats/Boosters
    ghamorra

After the second major offense they get a perma ban via console. Two strikes an that's it

1 2 3 Previous Next