1 2 3 Previous Next 126 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 1:22 AM by robbierocket RSS

Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!

DaShuk2381

Haven't seen anything on the game in terms of whether or not they will be allowing split screeners but I for one hope they do not. In MW3 without fail everytime you get a split screener on your team it's a guaranteed loss by at least 30 kills in TDM. Played a few matches the other night where we had a split screener in our lobby and he would flip flop between the teams and of course whoever got him would lose by a ton. I think for 4 matches between the splitscreen he was like 18 and 74.

• 1. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!

I kind of understand where you are coming from, but the problem with that is you cant base the whole "Split-Screening" population off of JUST the bad ones.  The good thing is if you dont want to play with bad players, you can play league play in BO2 so it will be with players your skill level.  Then, you wont have to worry about bad Split-Screeners, becaose they will be as good, if not better than you are.

• 2. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!

I hope splitscreening is absent from the game.

• 3. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!

I know what you mean it I don't mind the fact that there is split screen in multiplayer. It can be a pain when most of the time they aren't the greatest when their screen is split in half, but it allows people to play with friends and family which adds more fun to the game. Nt everyone wants to win and get insane amount of kills, some jus want to fun. Something they should add if they do have split screen is to allow the second player to log in to their own PSN and rank up while playing split screen.

• 4. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!
    robbierocket

Split screeners typically do this:

- unbalance teams

- interfere with connection and lag

- bring immaturity and lack of prestige to what was once a grown up shooter

- introduce an element of "cheating" by being able to see 2 views at once

I can't stand the concept and it's not like 2 games and consoles were bought so it's a free way to ruin other payers' COD experience.

If they have to be there, make a seperate CIRCUS playlist for them and don't allow them in regular playlists. I'd choose a no-split screener lobby 24/7.

• 5. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!
    sennalike

I agree and have nothing further to add.

• 6. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!
    QwertyBoredom

I would just like to say thats what combat training is for

• 7. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!
    MrCr33p3rKill3r

I don't understand why everyone thinks Split Screener's are so bad. I agree yes they do mess with Lag/Match Making but I mean what harm can they do? I honestly am Glad they put Split screening in CoD as I am not a fan of hanging at my friends to play Online and having to take turns. It's something fun to do when you have friends over and want to play online still. And as for cheating, how are they cheating? You cant play games like FFA with it, Wager Matches,ect yes you can but I mean its not cheating. If your talking about one of them dying being able to say I got killed at blah blah there is a guy there. There is no difference to one player, atleast with guys like me who use call outs and play with a full team thats what we DO. So if that is what your talking about get over it, it happpens in IRL and in every FPS shooter, and if that wasnt what you were speaking of I apologize. And there will be Split Screening in Black Ops 2, as they announced I can't remember what they called it again, but its a option where if you have 2 TV's hooked up to your XBox or PS3(Don't exactly know how you would hook both up at the same time) But it would give each person their own screen, I will find the link real quick.

www.gamezone.com/products/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/news/lg-releases-new-call-of- duty-black-ops-2-focused-on-3d-gameplay

That is mostly about Blops 2 in 3D but it mentions "Dual Play" so it gives us that Split Screen is coming back, not 100% sure if for online.

• 8. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!
    robbierocket

MrCr33p3rKill3r wrote:

I don't understand why everyone thinks Split Screener's are so bad.

Read the posts.

I agree yes they do mess with Lag/Match Making

You don't understand, yet you show that you do.

I honestly am Glad they put Split screening in CoD as I am not a fan of hanging at my friends to play Online and having to take turns. It's something fun to do when you have friends over and want to play online still.

So, allow everyone the best of it by having a lobby for split screeners.

And as for cheating, how are they cheating?

I said "cheating" not cheating. Someone playing splitscreen has the equivalent of a walking camera spike in colour - basically they can see 2 soldier's views of the battlefield which is excellent for intel and revenge kills.

Furthermore there are a higher % of boosters because of this 2-soldier/1-player thing. The 2nd soldier stats have never (so far) interfered with a PSN users stats, even though what they cause does to others.

If your talking about one of them dying being able to say I got killed at blah blah there is a guy there. There is no difference to one player, atleast with guys like me who use call outs and play with a full team thats what we DO. So if that is what your talking about get over it, it happpens in IRL and in every FPS shooter, and if that wasnt what you were speaking of I apologize.

Yes, there's a difference even if you don't realise it. Get over yourself, while you're handing out "get over its", apology partially accepted.

And there will be Split Screening in Black Ops 2, as they announced I can't remember what they called it again, but its a option where if you have 2 TV's hooked up to your XBox or PS3(Don't exactly know how you would hook both up at the same time) But it would give each person their own screen, I will find the link real quick.

www.gamezone.com/products/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/news/lg-releases-new-call-of- duty-black-ops-2-focused-on-3d-gameplay

That is mostly about Blops 2 in 3D but it mentions "Dual Play" so it gives us that Split Screen is coming back, not 100% sure if for online.

So, we don't know yet, but for everyone's sake, I hope they have their own circus lobby.

• 9. Re: Please no split-screeners in BOPS2!

I personaly like vary much split-screen coz we play with my borther everyday, and we have always a good score!!! Sometimes both of as have 0 deaths!!!!

1 2 3 Previous Next