20 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 10:11 AM by pwnstarz RSS

They've infected HC!!  When will it end?

wridtrvlr

Just a heads up to some of you that may not know.  The hacked lobbies are now in HC game modes.  I thought they may stay away from these game modes, but IMHO, I believe they are going from game mode to game mode trying to be #1 on each leaderboard. 

I got on Saturday and normally I am ranked a low 800 in the world for HCKC.  I was ranked 849 and I just thought people played a lot over night.  Checked out the leaderboards in my HCKC and there it is, plain as day, hackers sitting at the top spots.  The #1 guy has stats that could only mean he has played less then 10 games in HCKC, yet there he is sitting at the top.  YEA RIGHT!!!!!!1

So, just a heads up.  It seems all game modes are going to be effected by these idiots.  Will the DEVS have a fix before the release in 2 weeks??  You know my thoughts, what are yours??

-wridtrvlr

• Re: They've infected HC!!  When will it end?
    maccabi

the ps3 hackyness thing is something the devs have already addressed on here and are working on a fix asap for.

wridtrvlr

Thank you for your well thought out response as if we didn't already know they are "working" on it.  They've been on it for the last month and a half. 

Will there be a fix before the release of BOPS2?  Have they already submitted a fix?  Or are they still trying to figure out what went wrong in order to correct the issue??   

maccabi

wridtrvlr wrote:

Thank you for your well thought out response as if we didn't already know they are "working" on it.  They've been on it for the last month and a half. 

month and a half? weird coulda sworn it was just over a week, but hey feel free to exagerate to make a point.

still if you knew they were "working on it" why the need to make apost other than to *****

wridtrvlr

It's true.  About a month ago, the first hacked lobbies started to appear in CORE DOM.  I'm sure you've seen the threads.....    Or maybe not....

These hacked lobbies were only appearing in CORE game modes.  They are now in HC game modes.  Did you even read my post???

So my point to this thread was to inform the forumites that HC game modes are now being effected.  I know you participate a lot in other places on this forum, so you can go back there now.  I am just curious to see if they will fix this game, or if they've forgotten about it, like they have EVERY SINGLE PAST CoD in the history of CoD.  You and I both know it's true. 

zvers

Both of you chill out.

The thing that really gets me is that with all the talented IT nerds Activision/IW have on there payroll, they simply can't foresee and prevent any of these breaches. I am assuming you are talking about a real hack and not boosting since a person can't play ten games, boost there brains out and get to that level after the games been out for so long. This is a tech company that should have state of the art security for there products. Simple incompetence if you ask me.

pwnstarz

I cant believe what u r sayin bro, U guys need to fuckin fix that ****, How about, u get them guys banned. is it really that hard? There must be a bunch of CHIMPS workin at that Departed. Instead of ITnerds

renessaince666

HC-DOM was already infected one week ago... but at this time it were almost 20 or 30, now it are hundreds. I think same thing in HC-KC...

I don't think they'll do anything about it cause:

1. They are million dollar companies and will concentrate their recources on new products to make more millions.

2. MW3 is branded. Everybody knows this game doesn't run correctly...

You gotta see this 2 points in a connection to the fact that BO2 is coming out in 2 WEEKS.

So for what they should? The majority of the people will play BO2 and sh4t on MW3 and AV and IW won't burn their money for a game that will be covered with dust when BO2 comes out.

Izjar11

Man this issue is bad, bad for IW, Activision and the gaming experience all together.

You have a thread about being strict, this is the exact problem they will have if not worse if Sony, and all other game developers do not find a way to become strict with ANY cheating!

YOU CHEAT YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE!

wridtrvlr

Couldn't agree more Ego.  I am a true believer that should the punishments for cheating/hacking/anything that exploits the coc be more harsh, we (as honest gamers) would have less of these activities.

If someone knew they'd be console banned, or their "pass" would be revoked if caught doing something that exploited the coc, I am 100% sure they would think twice before doing so.  The punishments they have in place now are too weak.

ghamorra

I feel for you Rid, I know how hard you worked to crack that the top 1000. No one plays HCKC as much as you do and no one busts their ass for tags more than you

I agree with the discussion above. I remember when this first appeared and was brought up on the forum someone post a link to a Twitter feed that showed one of IWenforcers saying this was a top priority and that thread is now probably over a month old

I will say this in their defense. A patch like this needs to be extensively tested as I'm assuming it's going not just effect MW3 but also Black Ops II to ensure this doesn't carry over to the next game. Also the leaderboards are not under Activision's control. From what I hear it's also something that needs to be worked with in conjunction with Beachhead or whoever handles that stat tracking these days. This could be the main reason for the delay

BanHaMMer

ghamorra wrote:

I feel for you Rid, I know how hard you worked to crack that the top 1000. No one plays HCKC as much as you do and no one busts their ass for tags more than you

I agree with the discussion above. I remember when this first appeared and was brought up on the forum someone post a link to a Twitter feed that showed one of IWenforcers saying this was a top priority and that thread is now probably over a month old

I will say this in their defense. A patch like this needs to be extensively tested as I'm assuming it's going not just effect MW3 but also Black Ops II to ensure this doesn't carry over to the next game. Also the leaderboards are not under Activision's control. From what I hear it's also something that needs to be worked with in conjunction with Beachhead or whoever handles that stat tracking these days. This could be the main reason for the delay

@"G" Then give the dam game  to Sony Playstation and there qualified Beta Testers!!!!!

Let us run this game through our beta testing program, for goodness sake!!!!!!

wridtrvlr

Thanks G!!  I did work hard to break the top 1000, as HCKC wasn't the game mode I played since the beginning.  I was proud of that accomplishment, but now I just have to sit back and watch as I go up 20-30 spaces every hour because of these guys....

Really, I could care less b/c it's only a game, but it makes me want to get a refund for my HE copy of BOPS2 and it makes me want to do it NOW!!!  How are they going to prevent the same thing from happening in that title??

I completely understand that it takes a while to identify the problem, come up with a solution, present it to Sony, then get the approved patch back, then release...  It does take time, but if this was priority numero UNO then I would think they would at least keep better communication with it's users.  Give us something AW!!!!