24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 7:02 AM by falkon RSS

DOT CHASERS...........

mdm123456789

.........Just stop it. Stop complaining about blind eye and assassin and play the game. I love how people complain about not being able to see someone on their HUD because of others using blind eye and assassin. Who's the real noob? LOL

You guys are better off crying about so called op weapons. Just sayin.

• Re: DOT CHASERS...........
    monkeylord

I'm the worst noob of all i'm a dot chasing assassin user lol

ghamorra

It's such a passive perk I'm not sure where the problem stems from. It's simply a counter to killstreaks and equipment. How does Assassin and Blind-Eye help you win a gun fight?.

Especially when you look at how much it's needed. With the implementation of the Support there's really no time when you're not on the radar

Secondly, over half the lobby uses it on average. So it's the minority that's complaining that the majority is being unfair

wridtrvlr

In all honesty, that's why I moved to HC.  Because the HUD gave away SOO much about your position, I figured, why not play a game mode that forces people to use more then just that freaking mini-map!! 

I am a firm believer of "it's in the game, so I'm going to use it", so I'd be a hypocrite if I complained. 

ghamorra

It's such a n00by assistance if you think about it. Who goes to war and is like, "Hey look at the mini map, the insurgency is over their". It's very unrealistic. I'm not against having it in the game as it does push the pace. But don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If Activision wanted to they could just get rid of it altogether

huntingnoluck

Unrealistic? The whitetail deer season opened here last friday, so I head out with my .308. As I was watching a trail that is well used I started to smile as I am sure the deer were complaining that I was camping and then I thought about quickscoping and how stupid and unrealistic that was. I would love to have a minimap with red dots out there! Yeah lets leave the video games at unrealistic and enjoy them for what they are.

ghamorra

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be in the game, I think it should. What I am trying to say that IW and Activision could have very easily made the game without it, so don't take it for granted and be happy with what you got

MrZombieClowns

Your story reminds me of the first time I got a gps in my car. It was back in my grand theft auto days and I recall seeing a cop parked somewhere. I looked at my gps and for a split second I questioned why that cop didn't show up on it. Yeeeaaaa.

I know, one of my more dumb moments.

UAV : once in a while is ok... like one UAV every 2-3 min ...

but UAV over UAV or  a continuous UAV is for handicaps.....

MrZombieClowns

My experiences with hardcore have consistently been the same. I go to hc for less Uav usage, and instead get a ton more. I use assassin often, mainly to combat dot chasers.

I believe hardcore would be much more enjoyable without the ability to obtain a Uav.

Blind eye is very important when playing solo.. parties love to spam  enemy air support uavs etc. all it does is force them to have to kill you with gunt o gun battle, not get easy kills by something flying in the air

rlbl

I never complain about them.  I try and ignore the HUD as much as possible. I try and play as I would when there was no UAV up, and everyone is using silenced/suppressed weapons.

I am half blind sometimes, and I still know how to use my eyes.

i find that i die more often if i keep looking @ the HUD. i rarely ever use the HUD unless the good uav is up, i forget what its called cause we hardly use it..1 knows where people hide if you play enough..check the corners and camper spots.. if i have a pred or reaper or ac130 and the enemy has blind eye and assassin i can still see them running. i love using the pred and finding them and hearing them call me a hacker cause i found them..i always get the " no way, i have blind eye" in that short whisp after killing them..

wridtrvlr

I do this as well RL.  Only playing HC, there is no mini-map, so whenever someone calls in a UAV it pops up.  I found myself dying more, while trying to look at the mini-map to figure out where the enemy was spawning and keeping track of my current surroundings. 

It's just too much.  It's so much easier to stay focused to what's on your screen. 

TMBI

I´m wondering why I still have a positive K/D despite the fact that I´m neither using Assassin nor Blind-Eye...

I´ve got a positive K/D in HC also...

Sure, I´m a "Dot-Chaser" - but finally I´m not hooked on the Dots...

In an gun fight against an Assassin/Blind-Eye Player "face to face" I´ll shoot him 8 of 10 times - because Assassin and Blind-Eye makes you slow!

That´s why most Assassins do their kills from the back!

Sounds like those Assassins/Blind-Eyes are chasing the dots...cause players like me are visible to them most of the time...!

Who´s gonna be the "NoOb" then?!

Hoaks

I'm not a dot chaser, but more of a green arrow run away from kind of person.  I like to flank, so I always go the opposite way of my team, usually gets me more kills, I play TDM mostly so it works.  I wish they would have a hc mode where it had the mini-map, but only showed your team, no red dots.  I find I can quick scan where my team is and keep going, but when the uav is up and I look ath the dots I almost always get shot, because I didn't catch they guy in the corner of my screen fast enough.

press the start button and you'll see the map of where your team is at..

i always run opposite of my team...depends what im playing..i normally play HC, but sometimes play core lately to train myself for clan ops. tdm i run away from my team, kc i gohst my team mate, dom i roll with my team for caps and then secure a choke point..drop zone, you'll find me lying right on the drop zone..i get alot of killz that way, my team mates trip becaus i have double the points with less killz ono dz

Thesandman

I would say that Assassin actually hinders users as quickdraw users get that extra millisecond to draw up their weapon.

HC TDM = soh, qd, and dead silence.. too much fun

ghamorra

Assassin is a passive perk, it does nothing for a player in a head to head fight. With the small maps that are in this game I'd say that users of more aggressive perks such as Sleight of Hand, Quickdraw, Stalker, Lightweight, and Blastshield are much more useful

But no one ever complains about them

TMBI

Good question: Why does no one complain about "sleight of hand", "quickdraw" and "stalker"?

Why does no one complain about "lightweight", "extreme conditioning" and "blast- shield"?

The reason is obvious: People who are using these perks are used to move fast into any boilinig battle-zone!

To succeed in those situations you need to be quick - and faster than the people hiding in their covers!

Yes, I´m talking about quite passive players called "campers". They do not need "Assassin" but "Blind-Eye" - they do not need to be quick.

Their swiftness is the moment of surprise...

So Assassin and Dead-Silence and even Blind-Eye do have their justification in this game - because there must be something to help people with less skill, less bravery and less team-spirit to succeed for themselves!

I might call them "NoObs" and "Cowards" - so I might complain and cry about them, cause they are able to destroy my long kill-streak - without any exertion on their own!

On the other hand: Why should someone cry and complain about someone who´s killing me in my hideout cause he´s obviously more precise, more skilled and just fast?

Oh, they do - they´ll call you "cheater", "hacker", "*********" anyway

monkeylord

TMBI wrote:

So Assassin and Dead-Silence and even Blind-Eye do have their justification in this game - because there must be something to help people with less skill, less bravery and less team-spirit to succeed for themselves!

There's no absolutes within COD just as many runners use assassin for the same reason they use a silencer it's all about staying off the mini-map that thing is great and feeds a shed load of info to your peripheral vision and making sure that no-one knows you're there untill you want them to.

Perk choice isn't about noob or pro it's nothing more than just personal preference.

TMBI

I´m never using Assassin or Blind-Eye. The only weapons I use with surpressor are the AK-47 to reduce it´s recoil and the P99 or USP .45 to keep my chance when entering a snipers/campers hideout...

O.k. I do also use the G36C surpressed sometimes - but only when there are too many campers and portable radars in the match!

When I got shot in my back it´s nearly 75%+ that it is an Assassin (and they won´t catch me from the front most of the time and almost never while they are running !)!

Sure, I always have an eye on the map - and my team is used to spam UAV´s also...

For me it does not make any sense to use Assassin or even Blind-Eye. I want my Scavenger and Quick-Draw!

I want to keep my weapons and I want to raise the speed of my Assault-Rifles!

Sure, these are my personal preferences - you´re right. I did not say anything against that.

I just put my point of view to public...as you did

monkeylord

TMBI wrote:

For me it does not make any sense to use Assassin or even Blind-Eye. I want my Scavenger and Quick-Draw!

I want to keep my weapons and I want to raise the speed of my Assault-Rifles!

Sure, these are my personal preferences - you´re right. I did not say anything against that.

I just put my point of view to public...as you did

Screw ADS speed thats what hip fire is for lol

Out

People crying about what others use as perks and weapons is people being people......i mean hell if all we had as a weapon was a slingshot....someone would cry he had a bigger rock in this sling .............LOL.........and most of us guys would agree it is bigger

Highwayman0226

We were just talking about dot chasers last night. 

So hoping they bring the decoy back in BO2 with the way people have become accustom to sprinting at the red dot.