48 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 12:40 PM by craigfranklin RSS

How I got Marine Camo

How do you get Marine camo? Well as far I as I know, noone quite knows yet. BUT I HAVE IT!!!! I was on my moble app and I tried to change my clan setting but when I saved my changes, it wouldnt save. So on my PS3 I went back to the Main Menu then went back into Multiplayer and there was the level 50 clan title unlocked (I have never been in a clan higher than 42) But after a couple games, I went to change my Custom Classes, and there it was... Marine... and it was awesome! But that is how I somehow unlocked it and btw, I have premium and I am a founder but I dont believe that it has anything to do with it. Marine was just released to other consoles besides Wii just recently after the Elite update. If you want to see what the camo looks like, look at your titles and it is one of the first ones, its the one that says Genera,l on it. It is Green and Brown and in a digital camo style.

• Re: How I got Marine Camo
    wagzy69

I've got the camo to man. Somehow I got the level 50 title then I realized I had the new camo. Have no clue as to how I got it :/

bartvandelft97

I'm in a lvl 25 clan, i'm 11th prestige and i have the hardened edition. (so, elite founder)

I just logged on and saw i had a new elite clan title while we didn't unlock them since we are only lvl 25. I also recieved the marine camo.

I play the Nintendo Wii version to, and in the wii version i got it by prestigeing.

But i don't know why i have it on the PS3 version now..

hey guys how did u guys et the lvl 50 clan title?? im a premium member not founder and only got the marine camo not the lvl 50 clan title

how do i get marine camo some people already have it

sstang1

I got the new Marine Camo - I'm an Elite Premium Founder and 20th Prestige.

My buddies are Elite Premium but not founders and have Prestiged around 8 times each and they didn't get it.

I just recently started a Clan - we are only Level 2 - lol - but I got 2 Clan titles that we haven't ranked up enough to get yet.

??

All very strange.

optic-monkey69

Hey dude, it's only premium members that get it.

optic-monkey69

Hey dude, it's only premium members that get it.

offthewall2

I'm not premium and I have both the Marine and clan title. It may only unlock for people that use Elite to edit their custom classes, etc. I thought everybody got it, but I guess not. It's a cool gift, but for some reason they haven't officially announced it afaik. Anybody know why Winter camo wasn't added too?

Yea, i completed my registration yesterday on my computer. (I've had my elite account since July.) I am not a founder but yet i got it yesterday. Someone already called me a hacker. i just dont know how i got it.

Yea, i completed my registration yesterday on my computer. (I've had my elite account since July.) I am not a founder but yet i got it yesterday. Someone already called me a hacker. i just dont know how i got it.

Meisdoop

i only have marine? and dont have the lvl 50 clan tittle

ogmantis

I just got done chatting with support, the marine camo is picked up through a modded lobby, and you need to disable it if you have it on any guns right now. There is a patch coming soon that will eliminate this camo. He also said you can be banned for having this camo on a gun even if  you didn't know you got in a modded lobby. The marine camo is supposed to only be available to nintendo wii users only. It has been hacked on ps3 and is spreading like wildfire. Disable it now unless u want to be banned.

Thesandman

Thanks Matt, i just read your message on the clanfeed and posted your info on another thread.

Vlaxos

Well that's pretty stupid.  Why would I get banned for using a camo that appeared after I changed my class in Elite?  Where do these guys come up with the rules for this stuff?  I understand banning people that that stay in modded lobbies that are giving away millions in points for every kill/objective because it should be common sense that something is up.  But this isn't really as obvious...

wikked75

i got it today after playing one match, and it wasn't a modded lobby... it just seems unlikely that the only match i visited today would happen to be a modded lobby... seems odd. seems more like an Elite glitch, or possibly some sort of gift? i did get 2 clan titles also, which is weird since i've never been in a clan, but stranger things have happened, i guess.

no u wont get banned spammer

How do you get the lvl 50 clan title???

RexxCastle

I am a founder and have premium,  i do not have this camo.  Another slap in the face to the people who got hardened

Thesandman

It was support who said that you have been in a modded lobby if you have marine. So take it up with them. Thankfully i have not got it as i don't see what the big deal about marine is anyway. The same applies to winter which i do have.

Vlaxos

The camo I could care less about to tell you the truth.  It was a nice change so I put it on most of my classes but if I didn't have it, I definetely wouldn't shed a tear... the thing that bothers me is the fact that there could be repercussions for me having it equipped.  Now I know that its a glitch so I'll remove it, but if I wasn't on these forums, I wouldn't have known and definetely would not have been too happy with being reprimanded for it.

Thesandman

I agree with you completely and if you don't read these forums,you will not discover stuff like this. Its not really high up on the list of serious offenses.

cookiedood

it's a terrible looking camo anyway lol sandman

You can tell its for the wii

mwfan55

Vlaxos why would you get reprimanded for something that Beachhead made a mistake with? They did the same mistake with the winter camo back in late February. It is their fault, not yours.

Instead of owning up to the mistake they blame it on people going into hacked lobbies. What a joke, this was not a result of hacked lobbies.

cookiedood

Well according to this fella it's spread through hacked xp lobbies

1. Go on to laptop/pc and enter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (make sure you use google chrome)

2. login and select custom class 1

3. change gun to acr(could be any) and secondary weapon pistol. Click select

4. Click send changes to game

5. start mw3 and wait 30sec or so until a message pops up asking you to change class. Click yes or continue (can't remember). Go to the custom class created and you will see marine camo.

Note that I have elite founder states so I don't know if this would make a difference to people who do not have the founder states. If you find this tut helpful then please click Thanks button.

You may need to be on a pristege first.

Update :

NOT PATCHED AS OF 05/11/12 I mentioned this because I'm being called a DUMBASS by an NGU STAFF member (won't mention name) who is saying it was not patched. A lot of people are saying it's PATCHED on ngu forum!!!!!!. All I'm saying it's not. This is why I have mentioned it on my post. NGU staff stated "marine camo was added 2 DAYS ago" into the game. 2 days ago!!!

I had this marine camo a FEW MONTHS back doing this. I helped many people on my mw3 xp lobby get this. I've never claimed that this is a glitch or a hack!

Izjar11

Hey guys I just got to chat with support and they state the following in regards to Marine camo:

: Okay we don't have any official informationm yet regarding the marine camo so my suggestion is do not use it use other camo We are not yet sure about the marine camo to avoid you on having any problem by using it."

i tried on my non premium account and it did not work..then i tried with my premium account and it worked..no hacked lobby..

i went to my elite page custom classes, made a new class, primary and secondary, saved changes and logged off..went to my ps3 and logged in, waited about 20 seconds and then it prompted me to integrate my elite changes, and clicked yes..went to that custom class and walla, it was there right above my winter camo..

so it cant be a hack and no way we should be penalized for having it...

once again, it didnt work for my non premium account. just my premium account..

jaylajaylin

you need to be a founder im not in a clan and i have it

Out

I never change my classes using elite.... but yet the Marine Camo appeared yesterday i think........ The reason i dont know for sure is i have am working on turning all my Guns Gold.....well i got the AK47 turned gold yesterday and went to apply the gold camo....and there was the Marine Camo......... nothing showed up as a new unlock on my custom classes before i got the gold camo unlocked for the AK  .......so it is possible it has been unlocked for a couple of days and i didnt know about it..........I am a clan leader, P20 Lvl80 Founder ect.........other members in my clan at the same level did not get the camo....and i play with the guys 99.9% of the time so if it came from a modded lobby the odds are at least of the guys would have been with me in that lobby .........but they dont have it.......

Meisdoop
    This Is What It Says On The Wiki

Marine Camouflage (MARPAT) was a secret camouflage exclusive to the Wii version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. However on November 2nd 2012 it was made available on 360, PS3, and PC for all.[1]

It is unlocked after prestiging once, along with the Winter Camouflage. This camouflage has a similar pattern to the Digital Urban camouflage such as the similarities of the Winter camouflage and the Snake camouflage.

Also once the player gets Overkill Pro, their second primary can use this camo, the same goes for the Winter camo, which has to be obtained under the same circumstances.

kellysa111

I did everything I could and I still haven't gotten it.

I have founder premium status too.

mwfan55

I keep trying to tell people this was a mistake that beachhead won't admit to it. Yet people keep coming up with excuses on how they received it all the way from hacked lobbies to updating their classes.

Out

You could be correct, .....as there seems to be no constant value as to how we got it.....headshots...some yes some no, Clan Leaders some yes some no, Prestigeing some yes some no....hacked lobbies........only the hackers know lol........

As a founder with the winter camo, i always wondered why there was space between the winter camo, and the gold camo, (enough for another one to be listed) ......so i think we can assume the camo has always been there....... now how Infinity ward...Beachhead or whoever orginally intended for us to unlock it .......is a different story.......   The only things i know for sure is

1. I am not a hacker ..

2. it is a UGLY camo

3. on Nov.13th...I wont really care how i got because BO2 will be out and we will have a ton of unlocks to start doing LOL