10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 10:13 PM by FullMetal1983 RSS

Hackers in BO2

kenany

Hello Black Ops 2,

I was wondering if Black Ops 2 got a better server against hackers and stuff.

When i played MW3 (my ownley call of duty game) i saw alot of hackers.

And although people say they could report other people i didn't know how.

Does Treyarch support the pc community more than Infinity ward?

When you join their forum you see alot of people complaining about hackers and i hope treyarch support us more.

Yours faithfully,

• Re: Hackers in BO2

In MW3, I think there is a button in the scoreboard, if you click on their name, it gives you the option to report them. I'm pretty sure that this will be carried over into BO2.

Matthew93

Black Ops 2 will use steam VAC, and treyarch's anticheat so yes there will be security improvements against hackers

Xxace789xX

kenany wrote:

Hello Black Ops 2,

I was wondering if Black Ops 2 got a better server against hackers and stuff.

When i played MW3 (my ownley call of duty game) i saw alot of hackers.

And although people say they could report other people i didn't know how.

Does Treyarch support the pc community more than Infinity ward?

When you join their forum you see alot of people complaining about hackers and i hope treyarch support us more.

Yours faithfully,

Given the fact Treyarch has confirmed ranked dedicated servers that are under their control, it should help with this so called lag as well as cheaters and hackers as it would eliminate the majority of hacks that had plagued the PC version of MW3. Also, they are stepping up their anticheating tools and a zero tolerance policy towards cheating and hacking will be enforced, first time punishment for hacking or cheating is a permaban.

Thanks for that info. That's really good that they enforce a perma ban. Because IW's way of dealing with hackers is resetting their stats... So what? It's not like it prevents them from hacking again.

pcdev

This is what I said a few weeks ago regarding BlackOps2 anticheat:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413420267#413420267

-pcdev-

twitter.com/pcdev

kenany

Tanks, good to know

they're using anti hack tools, the have what is basically a ghost moderator who watches suspicious activity, also they're keeping ALL the server info, mods, and COD stuff within the company and NOT in the public's hands..in the other ones public had access to these things making it easier to hack. thank god i hope they wipe the hackers out now. hooray for permabans!