23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 8:37 PM by DaShuk2381 RSS

High KD players leaving mid Game

I love to see these high KD players who start to jump ship when things don't go their way in a game of team death match! Its awesome, I think ok a challenge they begin getting owned and PUFFF like the spine less snail they run away from the match! Nothing to do with lag, simply they cannot take a beating and accept it! Wimps!

• Re: High KD players leaving mid Game
    ots_dj3nvy

Dude no offense but stop feeding your "CoD" ego. There's more to it for players to leave mid game not just from what you are saying. Some players leave because they might have to do things and couldn't finish the game or the connection starts of decent then half way through the game it's garbage.

I know this because it happens to be from time to time. I leave matches half wy due to things I have to do or the connection is straight horrible even though it starts pretty good. In the end, I get hate mail saying I suck for the quitting half way or 2 min into the match.

ots_dj3nvy wrote:

Dude no offense but stop feeding your "CoD" ego. There's more to it for players to leave mid game not just from what you are saying. Some players leave because they might have to do things and couldn't finish the game or the connection starts of decent then half way through the game it's garbage.

I know this because it happens to be from time to time. I leave matches half wy due to things I have to do or the connection is straight horrible even though it starts pretty good. In the end, I get hate mail saying I suck for the quitting half way or 2 min into the match.

Well my ego is all I have left in the game.

But its a tendency when I look up the leaderboards before the game starts, I see high KD and think here comes a good fight (I look forward to it). Match starts, and pay attention (next game you have) the first to bale are the high KD players because they are losing. And it has nothing to do with lag..

I hit a cord with you because you do this, next match instead of leaving why not fight and try to not leave, ronald mcdonald.

sdredger

i dont blame anyone for leaving half way through a game - especially when it host migrates, this game punishes good connections and people who are hosting.

when i join games i always look at kd ratios of people before starting just to see what im up against,Now ive been in lobbies where no matter what i do i just cannot kill that 0.78 kd guy and its happening every time (only happens in mw3 this does ) so me with the 2.65 kd stays in the lobby to see if i can sort this little lucky no mark out next game ,and lo and behold i ruin him as he shows his true colours .

THIS CRAP ONLY HAPPENS IN MW3 ,every other cod he would be wrecked game after game after game , i do not blame people for leaving games.

because this game is an inconsistant mess

scotland-rules

I am getting very tired of these threads.

You know people with a high K/D ratio are the people who put hours upon hours into the game. However this aside. Does it really matter? People leave the game for multiple reasons.

Bad connection mid game

Family/personal reasons

Distractions

Friend Invites

appointments.

A whole array of reasons. Lets face it here K/D means nothing in comparison.

This is just someone trying to fan the flames on their ego and nothing more.

Then do not read or post in them brave heart!

Not necesarily, does it matter no. Is it pathetic yes. Do they lack sportsmanship, yes.

I am making a simple point about those who leave for no reason other then getting beat! Why is this subject so delicate with this forum, it goes to show that the majority then do this! What a bunch of....(fill in the blank)

TMBI

I think both is true - some Players leave because they can´t lose, some leave because of their connection!

When we were playing DOM yersterday, we came into an Lobby of an high-skilled and strongly organized Clan. We played one match - and lost. We played another one and lost.

Their connection was completely 4 bars during both matches - we had only 3 of 4.

When you notice, that you are dead in the part of the second you discover an opponent, there are three/four reasons for it:

a) they spam UAV´s (what you could see!)

b) they spam portable Radar (what you discover little too late)

c) they use Recon or they are just better than you!

d) they have the better connection!

Our best Clan-Members have an K/D of 1.3 to 2.0 - and we do win 68%+ of all matches.

It nearly never happened that none of us have a positive K/D in an single match!

Yesterday we had this twice in a row!

I´ve left the lobby after the second loss because it did not make any sense to me to play a third match with less connection!

My K/D was still 0.95 in these matches - and the highest of our Clan that time!

The matches I´ve played before were all 1.5 K/D+!

The reason was the connection only. When I rose my gun (I´m using Quickdraw Pro and Stalker Pro) I was almost dead. When I shot on them and hit them 4 times already with my Assault Rifle, they shot me dead with their first rounds!

My knife seemed to be blunt also...

The only reason to stay for two complete matches was, that we thought the connection would raise - and we would beat them (anyway it´s been close matches!) then!

We all like the challenge against good players! But I dislike loosing for no reason because of connection-issues!

My 2ct.

Thesandman

To the OP. I have left matches because, Lag,match almost over, invites from friends,entire enemy camping. There will always be reasons for people leaving. Saying that i do acknowledge that some teams do quit because they are gettin hammered hard and want to protect their KDr.

samgold-1 wrote:

I love to see these high KD players who start to jump ship when things don't go their way in a game of team death match! Its awesome, I think ok a challenge they begin getting owned and PUFFF like the spine less snail they run away from the match! Nothing to do with lag, simply they cannot take a beating and accept it! Wimps!

The only thing that irks me is when entire clans/3+parties bail out because it can effectively end the game for the one or two remaining players on the opposing side if there is no replacements for a minute or two. If single players leave it means nothing to me, regardless if they are high KD/ highly skilled players, because the game rolls on. But I'm realistic enough to acknowledge they're leaving because of connection/sync/instakill/numerous other BS issues MW3 suffers from. Therefore I gain no pleasure from seeing people leave a game. But if it makes you feel better then good for you.

DaShuk2381

Honestly K/D means zilch in this game with how much lag comp. has screwed it up. My K/d is .91 but I can have an entire night of games where my k/d is above 2.0 and I am having awesome games left and right. That all ends if I get host or get on a string of games with horrible connection. If I get host I'll be lucky to go 5 and 15 or something terrible like that. Best example was last night on Gulch, I go 22 and 5 and look like a hero, game hits me with host, exact same map in the exact same lobby and I go 7 and 14 just due to the host. It's ridiculous so I don't even care about k/d anymore. It's gotten to the point where I know no matter how hard I try I can't get it postive so I've resorted to just trying stupid weapon combos and trying to have fun with the game now by using throwing knives and running around with pistols and odd weapons like the Dragunov. I firmly believe anyone with a high k/d these days is either taking advantage of the lag comp with their **** connection or they are a blatant corner camper. All the "high k/d" guys I run across in my lobbies are always the ones hiding out in the corners or in buildings being little sissies to preserve their precious stats. I can understand the OP though, as I find it hilarious when I get in lobbies with a clan and they are talking all kinds of trash prior to the game then they get beat by 30 kills and run their mouths about how we cheated/camped, etc. when they just suck despite their high k/ds an they immediately quit the lobby.

Izjar11

Honestly K/D means zilch in this game

Yes it true KD means very littel but then again who do we fear (in terms of getting a good fight) the low level .50 KD or the 1.50 KD? Normally its the person who has a high KD which should mean they will fight and fight well (normally this is true).

trying to have fun with the game now by using throwing knives and running around with pistols and odd weapons like the Dragunov. I

thats all you can do is try to have fun, if the game is not fun (not for you I am speaking about anyone) they should stop.

DaShuk2381

Honestly I don't worry about it, there are games I own people with 2.00+ k/ds and games I lose to people with sub .50 k/ds. This game takes no skill what so ever. My buddy is the perfect example, his accuracy is like 3.8% and his k/d is over 1.5 because he more often than not gets on the good side of the connection. My best game is like 32-5 and I'll go for long stretches with my own k/d over 2.00 some nights but my overall is a .91 because I'll have just as long a stretch where I can't even go positive no matter how good I play. Played TDM tonight and people are teleporting on the screen, I'm emptying half my UMP clip into a guy's back and not even getting hitmarkers let alone kills. I still think anyone that preserves such a high k/d is a camper because that's the only way to go positive in this game. Another thing was the opening of ELITE and showing all the stats in lobbies, now everyone is so obsessed with their k/d they just camp the **** out of all the maps so they can "impress" people they don't even know. Best thing they could do for BOPS2 would be do away with stats being visible by all. I just find it hilarious when you get on a run & gun map like Boardwalk and there are 10 guys in ghille suits with RSASS' and MSRs.

Lunar---tick

I left an abnormal amount of games today. Guess what? Host every time. Stuff it, if i cant play the game why keep playing? Am i being punished for a good connection with an unplayable game.

Lets all get dial up internet and see how well BO2 works. Thats right it wont work. Yet people with **** internet are rewarded somehow.

As for k/d, who cares? Maybe it's used as a scapegoat but i think you will find most people leave because the games stuffed and has nothing to do with their k/d.